F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > NorCal Meet - 10/6 - Cars, coffee and drive
GetBMWParts

09-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 M Coupe - '19 F31 330ix

Garage List
Snowflake alert! Snowflake alert! Damn, some people can get offended by the change in weather or air quality I guess. No wonder there are 'safe spaces' all over nowadays for fragile individuals who can't get by in the real world.

Dheeth's signature is far from offensive. Tasteless? Some might say so but this is a car forum, dominated by 99.9% men.

In my experience those who claim to be tolerant and open-minded are some of the least as well as some of the most racist, but I digress.
-2002 S54 M Coupé - Steel Gray / Dark Gray/Black
Appreciate 1
Korvo368.00
      09-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #24
Dheeth-G80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moupe View Post
Snowflake alert! Snowflake alert! Damn, some people can get offended by the change in weather or air quality I guess. No wonder there are 'safe spaces' all over nowadays for fragile individuals who can't get by in the real world.

Dheeth's signature is far from offensive. Tasteless? Some might say so but this is a car forum, dominated by 99.9% men.

In my experience those who claim to be tolerant and open-minded are some of the least as well as some of the most racist, but I digress.
Haha I swear! The day I made the profile because I was so excited that I got the car and I can finally post here and be a member you know so I googled and I am that kid who's gonna find shit to make it either funny or informative, one or the other, hence that signature but this was just wow!

Anyways!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #25
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i M Sport

None of us are responsible for someone else's perceptions, just our own intents/actions. One must choose to be offended by the actions of another, hence it is by definition a choice. I wholeheartedly support not wasting time on people you aren't aligned with, so all things considered, it is always best to be transparent and move on.
      09-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #26
Roadtrip Ren
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Vert

Hey guys... I'm interested in making this also....put my name up there please.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #27
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

List Update

Current roster:
- sspade
- Diegov209
- Dheeth-F30
- cobra2814
- N26Ghost
- 1000rrren
      09-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #28
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Bummer it's too far for me!
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #29
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheeth-F30 View Post
Damn, a funny signature line turned into a racist comment? How so?

And to begin with, nobody even asked you for your opinion on my signature budd, you've got to be the first real hater I have seen on Bimmerpost, unfortunately.
It's not funny, it's obnoxious and offensive, and tells me you aren't the kind of person I want around, any more than I would associate with an overt racist.

You chose to post it on the internet, so you opened it up for comments.

You can call me a "hater," but at least I brought it to your attention. If you think that's funny, you are probably turning off people you meet every day without recognizing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #30
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by N26Ghost View Post
None of us are responsible for someone else's perceptions, just our own intents/actions. One must choose to be offended by the actions of another, hence it is by definition a choice. I wholeheartedly support not wasting time on people you aren't aligned with, so all things considered, it is always best to be transparent and move on.
This /\

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
It's not funny, it's obnoxious and offensive, and tells me you aren't the kind of person I want around, any more than I would associate with an overt racist.

You can call me a "hater," but at least I brought it to your attention. If you think that's funny, you are probably turning off people you meet every day without recognizing it.
And if this is how you interact with everyone, I guarantee you're turning even more people off to you than he is without realizing it. Holy crap man - this is the exact problem with the political situation in the US right now and exactly how we ended up stuck with Trump as president - people like you throwing wild accusations grounded in baseless assumptions about others, focusing on the most minute differences instead of the bigger commonalities.

It's a goddamn BMW forum - I wouldn't expect everyone here to align on a variety of topics or opinions, but we're here because of the cars, not our political, social, sexual, work, or other differences. You are not helping your cause, whatever it may be, you're certainly not helping anyone else's, regardless of however much you try to act like you have some sort of moral high ground, and you definitely aren't turning anyone ON to you.

So you may call US haters or bigots...but at least we brought it to your attention.

(Also - see my avatar for my facial expression when I read your posts in this thread.)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:41 AM   #31
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

NorCal Meet - 10/6 - Cars, coffee and drive

Can't we all just enjoy our shared enthusiasm for our cars and leave it at that?

I sorta get the feeling that rlmesq is probably a bit older, and I mean no disrespect by that as I'm pushing 40 myself. Dheeth-F30 seems a bit younger and I can recognize that in my own youth, I too had some ways of looking at things and thinking things were funny that my 38-yr old self just shakes my head at. So maybe it's a generational thing, or maybe it's not that at all and I'm totally off here.

In any case, the point is to share our experiences with our cars, "talk shop" and just try to have some fun. If I can make it to the meet up, I have no expectation that I'll become super awesome bffs with EVERYONE I meet there. But I'll at least have a new memory/experience, and hopefully a deepened sense of camaraderie with some of the NorCal contingent on these forums.

I humbly step down from my soapbox and hopefully my schedule works out so I can meet up with y'all.
      09-14-2018, 01:51 AM   #32
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

In a nutshell, what I attempted to put eloquently...if the notion of rubbing elbows with someone who has different beliefs than your own appals you, probably best to hermetically seal yourself in a grandiose ZipLock and stay home. We all have so much more in common than we have differences, it makes them almost futile to mention. We all love Bimmers, and love driving them. That is just one more thing that makes us similar and is way more than enough to at least meet up and swap stories.
      09-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #33
Dheeth-G80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post

Judge me all you want
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #34
jinxremoved
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335 Dinan Stage 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
This /\

And if this is how you interact with everyone, I guarantee you're turning even more people off to you than he is without realizing it. Holy crap man - this is the exact problem with the political situation in the US right now and exactly how we ended up stuck with Trump as president - people like you throwing wild accusations grounded in baseless assumptions about others, focusing on the most minute differences instead of the bigger commonalities.

It's a goddamn BMW forum - I wouldn't expect everyone here to align on a variety of topics or opinions, but we're here because of the cars, not our political, social, sexual, work, or other differences. You are not helping your cause, whatever it may be, you're certainly not helping anyone else's, regardless of however much you try to act like you have some sort of moral high ground, and you definitely aren't turning anyone ON to you.

So you may call US haters or bigots...but at least we brought it to your attention.

(Also - see my avatar for my facial expression when I read your posts in this thread.)
I totally agree with this, which is why peeps should know that when they bring stupid shit onto the forums (or meets), they're making it a less welcoming place for some of us. It's not really a moral high ground thing, but more like a keeping the space as friendly as possible thing. Honestly, the fact that people are getting so triggered by a member being like, "yo, I think that's an offensive joke" is sort of hilarious.

But anyway, I guess it's helpful for those of us who aren't men, but would consider coming to a meet like this, to know what the vibe is going to be ahead of time.
      09-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #35
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

On a way more positive note: my stock kidney grilles have been replaced with matte black M stripe ones and it looks so much better!! Also, it was my birthday yesterday and I ordered the Injen intake as my present. Will have it installed before the meet.

Before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FpZeW6kvt1MoASbMA

After:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f916AfkuBrBwLEpS6

Injen Intake:
https://goo.gl/images/Ltnbj9

Last edited by N26Ghost; 09-14-2018 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #36
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxremoved View Post
I totally agree with this, which is why peeps should know that when they bring stupid shit onto the forums (or meets), they're making it a less welcoming place for some of us. It's not really a moral high ground thing, but more like a keeping the space as friendly as possible thing. Honestly, the fact that people are getting so triggered by a member being like, "yo, I think that's an offensive joke" is sort of hilarious.

But anyway, I guess it's helpful for those of us who aren't men, but would consider coming to a meet like this, to know what the vibe is going to be ahead of time.
Far as I'm concerned the vibe should ALWAYS be "cars, vroom, engines, race gas as a potential perfume / cologne line from CK, and possibly food and booze depending on venue, meetup, and scenic drive after".

I come to Bimmerpost to get away from the political snobbery / mudflinging / etc, sorry if I got a bit triggered from his "waaaah you're immature / racist" post. (Mainly, because I swear I've met his clone / brother / twin in real life way too many times in the bay area).

Hell, I don't even have a BMW yet, just been eyeballing and shopping for years.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #37
KOWTOWN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

I don't know about you guys... But this meet sounds like it's going to be a blast! I may just sit in the corner of the parking lot with some popcorn!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #38
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
That's cool. Prudes aren't fun to be around anyways. Your intolerance is intolerable... How about next time you just don't comment then... You finding it necessary to comment on his funny signature is pathetic. Comparing his sig with racist jokes is a real stretch, don't you think?

Edit: Let's be honest here. You were thinking about coming.... until your wife said you couldn't.
Dude, I work on a daily basis with people so scary that you would go crying home to mommy if you saw them coming a block away.

They have the same sense of "humor" as the tired phrase that turned me off. That's why I don't want to deal with it on days off.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #39
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
In a nutshell, what I attempted to put eloquently...if the notion of rubbing elbows with someone who has different beliefs than your own appals you, probably best to hermetically seal yourself in a grandiose ZipLock and stay home. We all have so much more in common than we have differences, it makes them almost futile to mention. We all love Bimmers, and love driving them. That is just one more thing that makes us similar and is way more than enough to at least meet up and swap stories.
I work with people on a daily basis who would terrify you. That's the kind of stuff they would laugh at, too. I don't want it in my personal life.

I have a car. I like my car. My car does not define me.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
cobra2814
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheeth-F30 View Post
Those things are super sexy man, you should definitely join if you can!

What color did you get? Should post some pictures
Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week. Here's a few pics of my ride.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #41
cobra2814
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
On a way more positive note: my stock kidney grilles have been replaced with matte black M stripe ones and it looks so much better!! Also, it was my birthday yesterday and I ordered the Injen intake as my present. Will have it installed before the meet.

Before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FpZeW6kvt1MoASbMA

After:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f916AfkuBrBwLEpS6

Injen Intake:
https://goo.gl/images/Ltnbj9
Very cool! Love the M colors on the grill!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #42
Dheeth-G80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra2814 View Post
Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week. Here's a few pics of my ride.
Mannnn, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Congratulations on the ride budd!!! it's Cleannnnnn
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #43
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Just found out my girlfriend got us tickets to Dierks Bentley on 10/6 at Toyota Amphitheater. 7pm show.

Still planning on making this get together as long as its not a late afternoon thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #44
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

sspade Nice, that will be a good show. cobra2814 Beautiful ride, brother!