F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
ARMA SPEED

05-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #749
mehana
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Update: I got the JB4 app today & it's working marvelous from reading errors to changing maps exactly like the laptop but what's bothering me the logging is empty

what I like: very easy to use, just snap the OTG cable, hit connect & will do whatever you want as if you had the laptop no need to worry about putting the laptop while driving, very dangerous btw. I even noticed It logs automatically after 4k rpm which is pretty

what I don't like: there is lag in reading rpm, boost ect. I hope they work that in future.

Just wanted to share with you guys my experience in that app before buying it.
Nice feedback rusty!

You have to contact dmacpro91 for logging issue, he will figure it out.

If your looking for a gauge built for F30 and have factory looks, you have to try p3cars gauge. Very very responsive reading, instant figures directly from ECU, I have tried it in me car and I loved it too much, its the perfect mod. with Jb4 lets you monitor the boost while driving.

It reads boost psi and bar, coolant temp, intake temp after intercooler, exhaust temp, rpm, speed, 0-100km time automatic, battery voltage, and freezes max reading for 5 sec.
Its a little expensive but worth it.

http://www.p3cars.com/bmw-3-series/p...tal-interface/

Enjoy!!
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #750
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Hey everyone

Okay i checked the combox in the trunk w sadly i didn't find anything :/ what does this mean?

w if i want to retrofit it, is it possible? or kda i won't get the BMW apps or Advanced BT(Sync Music) at all

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #751
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

ya omar, it seems you have the same issue i have. I am not sure what can be done. I thisnk i could give a try the 6NF coding and see if it works. other than that i think we are stuck with this stupid old system. maybe a retrofit will be available soonor at least thats what i hope
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #752
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Check this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmansky View Post
ya omar, it seems you have the same issue i have. I am not sure what can be done. I thisnk i could give a try the 6NF coding and see if it works. other than that i think we are stuck with this stupid old system. maybe a retrofit will be available soonor at least thats what i hope
Osman how is everything??

look i found this while searching; http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...a-pnp-retrofit

will this help?

we need your opinion guys

Best
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #753
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Also, could you tell me what System is our iDrive? idk till now :/ CIC or 6NH/K/R? wala eh?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #754
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar90
Quote:
Osman how is everything??

look i found this while searching; http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...a-pnp-retrofit

will this help?

we need your opinion guys

Best
The bimmer retrofit is a possible solution but not the one u shared, we have to go for the latest NBT. The one that comes without combox. The problem is that it is very expensive, could reach EGP 20k+ With the customs and activation and installation and it voids the warranty unless u uninstall it every time u go do a service. Thats what stopped me
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #755
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar90
Quote:
Also, could you tell me what System is our iDrive? idk till now :/ CIC or 6NH/K/R? wala eh?
Ours is sth called radio2 and we have 6NH, what mehana & ouzzo are saying is that we can code 6NK to make it able to receive bluetooth music. Well i am willing to try.

Alternatively i have settled for a more basic solution. A product called viseoo (google it) i ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered to check the functionality

There you go
http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...3&hidShowID=15

Last edited by Osmansky; 05-20-2014 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #756
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Ours is sth called radio2 and we have 6NH, what mehana & ouzzo are saying is that we can code 6NK to make it able to receive bluetooth music. Well i am willing to try.

Alternatively i have settled for a more basic solution. A product called viseoo (google it) i ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered to check the functionality
Guys I can help you try that coding, Oss I told u man lets meet & try mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #757
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Quote:

Guys I can help you try that coding, Oss I told u man lets meet & try mine.
7abeby ya mizo, yes lets meet soon

ya mizo, it is mentioned it is not possible without combox

Last edited by Osmansky; 05-20-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #758
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Nice feedback rusty!

You have to contact dmacpro91 for logging issue, he will figure it out.

If your looking for a gauge built for F30 and have factory looks, you have to try p3cars gauge. Very very responsive reading, instant figures directly from ECU, I have tried it in me car and I loved it too much, its the perfect mod. with Jb4 lets you monitor the boost while driving.

It reads boost psi and bar, coolant temp, intake temp after intercooler, exhaust temp, rpm, speed, 0-100km time automatic, battery voltage, and freezes max reading for 5 sec.
Its a little expensive but worth it.

http://www.p3cars.com/bmw-3-series/p...tal-interface/

Enjoy!!
Awesome !!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #759
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

okaay, I have a problem again :/ when i connect my iPhone with USB the iDrive tells me not supported

what does this mean?

i tried Fake cable and Real one and both are not working
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:02 AM   #760
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar90 View Post
okaay, I have a problem again :/ when i connect my iPhone with USB the iDrive tells me not supported

what does this mean?

i tried Fake cable and Real one and both are not working
You have to buy Y Cable from Bavarian Auto
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #761
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
You have to buy Y Cable from Bavarian Auto
I think i will, thanks ya Osman

Btw, i contacted BimmerTech and told me that i have to have NBT to be able to bluetooth music :/ w whole process will cost me over 2000 Euro, as you said

guess the only way is to pay, i will save from now ba2a hahaha

Best
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #762
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think i will, thanks ya Osman

Btw, i contacted BimmerTech and told me that i have to have NBT to be able to bluetooth music :/ w whole process will cost me over 2000 Euro, as you said

guess the only way is to pay, i will save from now ba2a hahaha

Best
Did you check Viseoo, It looks like a good product
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #763
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Did you check Viseoo, It looks like a good product
I did.. and it does look great but then i thought.. (i know i might be wrong)

i just bought an expensive car.. i will buy smth else to make the music work? maybe later when i get bored from the USB/AUX

i will buy the Y-Cable for now.. later ba2a inshallah

you received it or still waiting?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #764
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I did.. and it does look great but then i thought.. (i know i might be wrong)

i just bought an expensive car.. i will buy smth else to make the music work? maybe later when i get bored from the USB/AUX

i will buy the Y-Cable for now.. later ba2a inshallah

you received it or still waiting?
Not yet... will share my experience when i get it
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 02:07 AM   #765
NileGate
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Hi everyone,
I am an Egyptian living in Dubai.
I've been following this forum for sometime now. Pretty useful discussion in here. Last month I sold my Dodge caliber and bought a new white 316i 2015 model with production date of 7 March 2014.
I wanna know if I can activate enhanced bluetooth, nav, online apps and maybe tweak it a little bit. My VIN is J612823.
I don't have front fog lights but I will add them next month. They cost around 700 dirhams from the agency without the wiring or console fit out.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #766
mehana
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileGate View Post
Hi everyone,
I am an Egyptian living in Dubai.
I've been following this forum for sometime now. Pretty useful discussion in here. Last month I sold my Dodge caliber and bought a new white 316i 2015 model with production date of 7 March 2014.
I wanna know if I can activate enhanced bluetooth, nav, online apps and maybe tweak it a little bit. My VIN is J612823.
I don't have front fog lights but I will add them next month. They cost around 700 dirhams from the agency without the wiring or console fit out.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Hello Nile,

Welcome to mother land forum.

I checked your vin and you can activate bluetooth music through coding, change 6NH hands free to 6NK enhanced bluetooth.
For other options you cant add nav nor apps, you have the old idrive, the new one released on 10 March 2014, which is 3 days difference.

Good news that your car have two more options:
S6ACA Intelligent emergency SOS call
S6AEA TELESERVICES TELESERVICES
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #767
NileGate
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Thanks Mehana. How can I start coding then? Where can i get that code token from?
The SOS function is already programmed to call Dubai police emergency services. I have also used the teleservice once and BMW dubai drivers service answered the call. It was nice and useful.
Now, say I have acquired the coding capability, would that have any effect on the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 02:24 AM   #768
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Hey guys

Forum Mat leeh??

How was ent5baat ?

Best
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #769
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Ok guys so after doing the oil change I decided to take the OCC to clean it and here is what came out, not a lot of oil as I expected since I only made 7k since installing it but what I've seen it filtered small particles which was A LOT & I think this would have made damage on the long run, eventually I am happy about it & I would recommend it for anyone who wants a prolong engine life.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #770
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys

Forum Mat leeh??

How was ent5baat ?

Best
Happens once in a while everyone gets busy with their life you know..
Appreciate 0