F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Selfish cunt parking
GetBMWParts

09-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #67
Craig-SM
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport - F30

Watsey, we had been up and down the street and no one admitted it was their car. The police and council weren’t interested as it was taxed.
The couple who’s driveway was blocked either got neighbours to move their car in and out which took a lot of shunting or had to get a taxi if no one was about. The owner of the car had witnessed all this but done nothing. I don’t condone what was done to her car but at the same time I wonder how long she would have left them to struggle had her car not been vandalised.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 06:37 AM   #68
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Imagine poor LobB coming back to find his car covered in diesel. Sorry light heated for me.

This story is carnage. These thins often escalate at crazy speed. Next night some psycho relative of the lady is putting fireworks through the old folks letterbox, just to scare them.

Next thing there's a heart attack or an arson murder rap.

09-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #69
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride View Post
Just to throw a spanner in the works, my job requires me to regularly visit residential developments to assess drainage and as I am not visiting anybody in particular I’ll park wherever I please.

You can always spot the curtain twitchers debating weather to come out and complain I’ve parked in front of their house. To which I will telll them politely to go shite.

I also quite often park on pavements to allow more space in the road should a bin lorry etc need to get through.

There is no harm in somebody taking a push chair onto the road on a quiet street. I must point out that I would never do that on a road with anything more than the occasional car going past.
Agree, sometimes you have to park where you can (although I personally never block the pavement completely or someone's drive).

If someone complains to me about parking legally on a public highway near their house, I would politely tell them to go back into Their house and stick their head up their own arse.

Last edited by Hooded; 09-20-2018 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #70
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-SM View Post
I think I know who did it and yes they took it too far. At the same time the women denied it was her car when asked because she couldn’t be bothered to move it, instead let an elderly couple struggle to get in and out of their drive for days. Two wrongs do not make a right and all that but she had learned a lesson on being considerate, albeit an expensive one.
Parking across a drop kerb is a parking offence so not just inconsiderate.
Always a risk though vandalising someone's car that's parked in your own street ...it could belong to a person prepared to Retaliate in a similar manor but more severely.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #71
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

We had a problem with people parking on path half blocking drives etc, I live near a hospital where there are 2 big car parks also park and ride but no, people just parked in the street opposite half blocking drives on both sides.
This was solved by the council made the area residents parking and the problem was gone, ok I have to pay for a permit once a year small price to pay for being able to park outside my door without problems.

At the other end of the street there is a school and people were parking blocking drives without any consideration to the residents, these people are too lazy to park 150 yards away and walk. One Lady who does not bother with the restriction has been fined 3 times in less than 2 weeks must have plenty of cash, but this shows how some people don't give a monkeys where the park but I think she will learn eventually.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #72
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

One day I was running late to go to a football match desperately looking for a parking space. I was chuffed to find a spot eventually and was able to just squeeze in with a perfect parallel park.

After the match I got back and only then did I notice that I'd parked across someone's drive, and their car was in the drive!

I've never been so mortified and embarrassed in my life, and felt like an absolute knob. There was no note or anything, and quite frankly I was amazed there wasn't damage to the car...I'd have deserved it.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #73
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

This was selfish.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1341660
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #74
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
One day I was running late to go to a football match desperately looking for a parking space. I was chuffed to find a spot eventually and was able to just squeeze in with a perfect parallel park.

After the match I got back and only then did I notice that I'd parked across someone's drive, and their car was in the drive!

I've never been so mortified and embarrassed in my life, and felt like an absolute knob. There was no note or anything, and quite frankly I was amazed there wasn't damage to the car...I'd have deserved it.
That’s the most mortified and embarrassed you’ve ever been, really?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #75
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Damaging a car for no reason is punishable by death.

HOWEVER... block the pavement for no reason, while I'm moving a pushchair = you're going to notice it when you get back to your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 04:02 AM   #76
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
That’s the most mortified and embarrassed you’ve ever been, really?
Yeah, that I can think of right now. Maybe there's something worse that I've blocked out though...

There was this one time I sent a text message to colleague moaning about how our manager was late to meet me yet again, as she almost always was. Except I sent that to my manager by accident instead. I think she was more mortified than me though and stopped being late all the time after that.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #77
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

I remember a good few years back when I'd just moved into the house being woken up by 2 fire engines putting out a fire on a low loader in the street.

Turns out a neighbour who "moved" a few months later had an argument with his next door neighbour about all of his cars (minimum 5, maximum 12 I've counted) littering the street whilst he is working on them. The argument so I'm led to believe ended with the guy who owned all of the cars telling the guy to "fuck off" followed by "what you gonna do about it then?"

At 3am that question was answered. He used all of the oil and rags and crap the guy leaves around, put them in and around the pickup and set it on fire.

The guys nickname was "stabber" and was known to be wrong in the head. When he "moved" i'm not sure if it was into a house or he was staying at her majesty's pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #78
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
I remember a good few years back when I'd just moved into the house being woken up by 2 fire engines putting out a fire on a low loader in the street.

Turns out a neighbour who "moved" a few months later had an argument with his next door neighbour about all of his cars (minimum 5, maximum 12 I've counted) littering the street whilst he is working on them. The argument so I'm led to believe ended with the guy who owned all of the cars telling the guy to "fuck off" followed by "what you gonna do about it then?"

At 3am that question was answered. He used all of the oil and rags and crap the guy leaves around, put them in and around the pickup and set it on fire.

The guys nickname was "stabber" and was known to be wrong in the head. When he "moved" i'm not sure if it was into a house or he was staying at her majesty's pleasure.
Yep there's a lot of those types about .. I know a few characters myself from my younger days when I was the local pirate radio king
That situation with the woman's car covered in diesel mentioned earlier in the thread would probably have ended with all the cars in that street covered in paint stripper at the very least during the middle of the night as retailiation if it had belonged to one of the characters I'm thinking of. They'd probably come back 6 months later and do the same again too after all cars where repaired. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but you need to be carful who's car your fucking with if you don't like how/where it's parked up and decide to be a coward and mess with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #79
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Yeah, that I can think of right now. Maybe there's something worse that I've blocked out though...

There was this one time I sent a text message to colleague moaning about how our manager was late to meet me yet again, as she almost always was. Except I sent that to my manager by accident instead. I think she was more mortified than me though and stopped being late all the time after that.
Could be worse I was out for a nice country blast in my S2000 roof off, passed a cyclist who shouted “go on ignore me then”, I thought it was some stroppy 2 wheeler complaining about not giving enough room, so I shouted fuck you dick head or something similar, got to the next junction he pulled up, I was ready to give him more shit, it was one of the senior managers from work who thought I hadn’t recognised him
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #80
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Could be worse I was out for a nice country blast in my S2000 roof off, passed a cyclist who shouted “go on ignore me then”, I thought it was some stroppy 2 wheeler complaining about not giving enough room, so I shouted fuck you dick head or something similar, got to the next junction he pulled up, I was ready to give him more shit, it was one of the senior managers from work who thought I hadn’t recognised him
I did something like that aged 7, walking to school. Got beeped by a car for walking on a grass verge, rather than the pavement on the other side of the road. I did a big Vs. Turns out it was teacher!
Appreciate 0