F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Hoses to replace with waterpump and thermostat
ARMA SPEED

11-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #1
rallas
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Hoses to replace with waterpump and thermostat

I am planning some major preventative maintenance as I approach 75k miles on my 2016 435i. I don't know if I will replace the waterpump and thermostat yet (might wait till 100k for these), but I am collecting the parts needed since it will be a lot easier to do while I have the subframe dropped as part of replacing the oil pan gasket.

Which hoses associated with the waterpump and thermostat are prone to failure and should be replaced when replacing the waterpump and thermostat? I already have all the upper hoses and lines on the list as part of changing the OFHG. I was hoping to find some guidance or a complete hose kit for my car, but havn't had any luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

IIRC BMW only recommends every 6 yrs replacing the hoses which connect to the water pump and thermostat.

That being said I've never heard of these hoses failing.

The F-series cooling system is rather robust other than the upper connector "aka monkey ears" to the block and the hose which runs from the expansion tank across the top of the radiator into the opposite side

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
rallas
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

I have only found the two hoses and mikey mouse flange you mentioned in my searches. I had those on my list to replace already. I will plan on re-using the other waterpump and thermostat hoses. I come from the VW world where I have learned to replace pretty much every hose with a plastic fitting.
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3570.00
      12-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallas View Post
I have only found the two hoses and mikey mouse flange you mentioned in my searches. I had those on my list to replace already. I will plan on re-using the other waterpump and thermostat hoses. I come from the VW world where I have learned to replace pretty much every hose with a plastic fitting.
Based on my experience, you're not wrong to expect to replace hoses.

I've broken the plastic fitting on at least one hose every time I've replaced the water pump and thermostat.
Appreciate 0