F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Well i did it..
ARMA SPEED

05-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #67
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
Im not massively concerned. The point was that on a car that has a crazy expensive drive train with the DCT, Diff, M Engine id rather have some peace and mind that is afforded by the consumer credit act.

It was argued on here that basically you dont need any consumer protection if you are nice to the dealer. they will fix it for free no matter if you are outside of warranty or not. Because they are just really nice people and not interested in protecting their bottom line.
That wasnt what was argued, what was said was you are much more likely to get somewhere if you keep the dealer onside rather than trying to engage a third party finance company that dont really care...

And a goodwill gesture is paid for by the MANUFACTURER not the DEALER so it doesnt hurt the dealers bottom line - in fact, its warranty work so some business and if they look after you you might just buy another from them...

God, your understanding of life is a bit poor....
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #68
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
when you rejected the car they didnt take it back because they liked you. They took it back because they are legally obligated to and probably wanted to sell you a replacement.
No, it was a Jeep, and it had multiple different faults. It would have been a battle. Dealer helped and got me (well, my wife) out of the Jeep and into a Volvo (that they also sold) on a great deal with no hassle to me - apart from return the loan car and collect the new one and hand over my bank card...

And yes, I have an email that says they helped because despite all the issues with the Jeep, I never blamed them, never lost my rag or acted like a know it all arrogant c*nt, and worked with them not against them.

Oh, and my wife had 4 Volvos after that, same dealer. Wonder why....

All about their legal obligation, absolutely...you must have been there to be so confident in your assertion. Oh wait, you werent, you are just assuming you know (which seems to be your way...)
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #69
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
That wasnt what was argued, what was said was you are much more likely to get somewhere if you keep the dealer onside rather than trying to engage a third party finance company that dont really care...

And a goodwill gesture is paid for by the MANUFACTURER not the DEALER so it doesnt hurt the dealers bottom line - in fact, its warranty work so some business and if they look after you you might just buy another from them...

God, your understanding of life is a bit poor....
WHERE DID I SAY ANY OF THIS? I never said that i would throw the dealer under the bus to begin with so your understanding is actually a bit poor isnt it?

All i said is that i wanted the consumer protection from the finance! So you post your insults in my thread when you cannot even comprehend what is being said. You are as bad as Sixtyseconds who claims that upping the miles on a PCP puts the interest up and then trys to take the piss saying im claiming to be a PCP genius.

Unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #70
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:

you don’t get the protection of the GFV to the same extent, for a very small interest saving. Poor call.
Oh look more things you are wrong about.

you dont need the protection with the GFV as you can VT anyway! So if the market tanks as you say you walk away from the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #71
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:

you dont need the protection with the GFV as you can VT anyway! So if the market tanks as you say you walk away from the car.
What's the mileage allowance on the deal you had done with the 3rd party finance company out of interest? Do they set one and you then change it if needed?

Ignore me, saw it was 20k per annum. Is that over 48 months? So 80k expected mileage?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #72
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
WHERE DID I SAY ANY OF THIS? I never said that i would throw the dealer under the bus to begin with so your understanding is actually a bit poor isnt it?

All i said is that i wanted the consumer protection from the finance! So you post your insults in my thread when you cannot even comprehend what is being said. You are as bad as Sixtyseconds who claims that upping the miles on a PCP puts the interest up and then trys to take the piss saying im claiming to be a PCP genius.

Unbelievable
You said being nice to a dealer wouldnt work, you needed the finance company in support....

and yep, everyone is bad but it is YOU that seems to manage to offend and annoy LOTS of people on here - even less argumentative ones like MashinBenzin. But its still everyone else that is wrong....

I stand by what I said - a dealer is much more help if the shit hits the fan than a finance company...
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #73
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

ah, so you are going to put down a deposit, overpay each month (by payng for excess mileage you won't use) and then walk away early. Good plan.

Plus the VT get out may be closed in the next 4 years as the government clamp down on people (and BMW taking the piss and using it for a reason it was not intended to cover). Then you will be even more shagged than your logic....

Over and zero fucked out!

Edit: please can no one quote his content, if you get what I mean
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #74
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Its funny how you totally ignored the fact you were factually wrong. You said it increases interest. Please dont sit here and reframe your argument to me like your new advice is any better than your previous advice. The only reason you would assume this is because you think by having a bigger balloon then you dont pay the interest on that element. Which is laughable because its totally the opposite.

without getting in to the details it works for me in more ways than one. It really isnt much different than a HP at that point with just a small balloon payment to keep the payments sensible.
No, if you can read, in the text you actually quoted, I said you were right. But you obviously can't read, because you ignored that.

I actually ran the figures, did you?

Increasing the mileage from 20,000 to 25,000 saved a life changing £190 over the whole cost of the car, including buying it at the end. Way to go finance genius.

The difference between 10,000 miles and 25,000 miles is significant in cost per month and GFV. The difference from 20,000 to 25,000 is two parts of bugger all.

You only pay around £30 a month more and your GFV and only drops by about £1500.

Hardly life changing numbers. If you're deluded enough to think that those numbers transform your deal from a PCP into something like an HP, you are thicker than I thought, and that's saying something.

And you've still got to be sure of the accuracy of the GFV in 2023 for it to be worth doing anyway if you're counting on it for equity. And it's obvious you think you know everything, despite been proven wrong over and over again, but you can't possibly know if the GFV is going to work in your favour in 4 years time. You can only guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #75
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

You think you're the bees knees at understanding the pros and cons of car finance.

But, you don't actually ever get around to taking delivery of one. Ironic.

You keep talking up this amazing low priced car you're going to get, on the best finance deal ever, and we'll keep yawning until you actually buy a fucking car.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #76
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Are you being serious? In this example what happens to the extra money you chose to put in, for no good reason, through manipulated higher monthlies?

How does VTing protect that exactly?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #77
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Are you being serious? In this example what happens to the extra money you chose to put in, for no good reason, through manipulated higher monthlies?

I have found life is so much less annoying when you find that little button that magically prevents shit being visible.... let him talk to himself, he might be right then, although no doubt he will argue with himself and tell him he is wrong and an idiot (save us doing it!)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #78
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

I am still not sure I understand quite how the Consumer Credit Act would protect somebody who is financing a car on a PCP if the car's engine (for instance) failed when it was out of warranty...

As soon as you leave the dealership, you'd be on your own... (this is why many 2nd hand Porsche buyers, for instance, have the dealers read out and print off things like the "over revs" in the mgmt system brain so they can factor into purchasing decisions)

Don't you undertake to maintain the car when you are in a PCP..?

You would still have to meet the finance obligations and, if it was a PCP, eventually give the car back to the finance house in a fair condition (which, I can guess, would not be a condition without the engine all working)...

... and so, if there was not warranty in place, then you'd just have to fork out... (unlike if you had an unsecured personal loan, where you could scrap the car and start again)

CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #79
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I have found life is so much less annoying when you find that little button that magically prevents shit being visible.... let him talk to himself, he might be right then, although no doubt he will argue with himself and tell him he is wrong and an idiot (save us doing it!)
Can you block somebody's posts from being visible to you...? I never knew that... How..?
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #80
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Can you block somebody's posts from being visible to you...? I never knew that... How..?
click on their name, go to public profile.... when that comes up there is something about user lists under the name which allows you to block user....

it comes in handy sometimes...
Appreciate 1
TiredGeek360.50
      05-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #81
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
I am still not sure I understand quite how the Consumer Credit Act would protect somebody who is financing a car on a PCP if the car's engine (for instance) failed when it was out of warranty...

As soon as you leave the dealership, you'd be on your own... (this is why many 2nd hand Porsche buyers, for instance, have the dealers read out and print off things like the "over revs" in the mgmt system brain so they can factor into purchasing decisions)

Don't you undertake to maintain the car when you are in a PCP..?

You would still have to meet the finance obligations and, if it was a PCP, eventually give the car back to the finance house in a fair condition (which, I can guess, would not be a condition without the engine all working)...

... and so, if there was not warranty in place, then you'd just have to fork out... (unlike if you had an unsecured personal loan, where you could scrap the car and start again)

The same way if you buy things on your credit card you have more protection against faulty goods than if you paid in cash.

Also faulty goods outside of warranty are protected even if warranty has expired under the "goods should last a reasonable time and be fit for purpose" Which used to be 5 years but now has no restriction on time limit.

Its a lot of hassle for a small repair but for something like a new ZF gearbox or a DCT then its worth using.

The finance element comes in because under the consumer credit act the finance company is jointly liable so the repair can be funded by either party.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #82
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:

You are confusing multiple possible scenarios which cannot happen all at the same time.

I dont know what my milage will be over 4 years. It could be 15k, 20k or 25k pa.

It is cheaper to play it safe and up the limit as any money i pay in just goes off the balloon anyway. The mile penalties are always more and if i do less than the car will be worth more so there is nothing to lose other than higher monthly payments. As someone worked out earlier its only £30 a month difference.

The only reason i would VT is if for some reason the market tanked but then at that point id get out at month 40 of 48 and start over again and the car is the finance companies problem.

I dont see what the issue is with this?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:56 PM   #83
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You are confusing multiple possible scenarios which cannot happen all at the same time.

I dont know what my milage will be over 4 years. It could be 15k, 20k or 25k pa.

It is cheaper to play it safe and up the limit as any money i pay in just goes off the balloon anyway. The mile penalties are always more and if i do less than the car will be worth more so there is nothing to lose other than higher monthly payments. As someone worked out earlier its only £30 a month difference.

The only reason i would VT is if for some reason the market tanked but then at that point id get out at month 40 of 48 and start over again and the car is the finance companies problem.

I dont see what the issue is with this?
I'm not confusing anything. You're all over the place man.

You clearly said you were upping your payments to make it more like an HP, over pay intentionally to build up equity. You spent several pages explaining why it made sense.

Now you've added extra information and completely changed your story. Which you do quite a lot, as already pointed out several times by others.

And you're always assuming, but not checking. For example, do you even know what your mileage penalties are on a 20,000 mile pcp? They're not the same as an 8,000 mile one. I doubt you do know given your comment above. Mine are just over 6p with BMW finance.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #84
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyway, I'm having a night off from these ridiculous conversations.

A nice 45 minute walk to the pub, 4 pints and the quiz.

Shame you're not coming, you'd know all the answers before he even read the questions!
Appreciate 2
Wills28647.00
Russbmw680.00
      05-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #85
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The same way if you buy things on your credit card you have more protection against faulty goods than if you paid in cash.

Also faulty goods outside of warranty are protected even if warranty has expired under the "goods should last a reasonable time and be fit for purpose" Which used to be 5 years but now has no restriction on time limit.

Its a lot of hassle for a small repair but for something like a new ZF gearbox or a DCT then its worth using.

The finance element comes in because under the consumer credit act the finance company is jointly liable so the repair can be funded by either party.
Hey, best of luck to ya... (You've not actually done this, have you..?)

Reading up on this, it sounds a rather complicated (and possibly flawed) alternative to simply buying a warranty extension on a used vehicle... I still cannot find mention of the finance companies liabilities as you describe...

I referred to these in order to understand better...

https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/sga

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-rights-act

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...th-a-used-car/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #86
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
A nice 45 minute walk to the pub, 4 pints and the quiz.
Do the answers come more easily as the pints go down...????
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #87
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Nope. Since I turned 40 several years ago, the answers that I know I know, that used to come in a few minutes, now never come before the answers are read. So I just keep drinking.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #88
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm not confusing anything. You're all over the place man.

You clearly said you were upping your payments to make it more like an HP, over pay intentionally to build up equity. You spent several pages explaining why it made sense.

Now you've added extra information and completely changed your story. Which you do quite a lot, as already pointed out several times by others.

And you're always assuming, but not checking. For example, do you even know what your mileage penalties are on a 20,000 mile pcp? They're not the same as an 8,000 mile one. I doubt you do know given your comment above. Mine are just over 6p with BMW finance.
They are 15p a mile same as BMWFS on that car.

Do you know there is a product called a HP with balloon payment? Or Lease Purchase where you have a balloon with no GFV?

Basically if you over state the PCP miles you effectively get the above product with a GFV also.

I have had extensive conversations with the lender running different scenarios and the pros and cons of all options.
Appreciate 0