F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > failed to get CAF for SWE "swfl_0000f61-001_024_001"
ARMA SPEED

05-13-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i GT xdrive and 20

failed to get CAF for SWE "swfl_0000f61-001_024_001"

I am trying to install/retrofit an OEM alarm in my 2015 328i and I got the parts installed but when I try to code it I’m stuck. I was able to add option 302 to the FA and activate it, but when I follow the instructions to add the Cafd files I get an error message when I click “detect CAF for SWE.” I was able to successfully identify the istep, but when I click Expert mode>coding>Read ECU and then click on FZD from the list>detect CAF for SWE I get this... failed to get CAF for SWE "swfl_0000f61-001_024_001"
I’m using esys 3.27 and I’ve installed the premium version with a token, edited my computer date, and installed the pdzdata files. I’ve followed the directions I was given when I bought the software but I can’t make it work after spending most of Mother’s Day in tears over this mess that I can’t figure out. My husband and teenager couldn’t figure it out either and I’ve searched but the only people I find with this problem either don’t say how they fixed it or they are trying to code something different than me and their solution doesn’t work for my coding. I’m so frustrated and don’t know what to do at this point. Any suggestions or solutions? Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 03:20 AM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Normally you have to update your psdzdata if this message appears.
So now you can download newer psdzdata or here i uploaded the missing files for you.
https://mega.nz/#!ReQQDYrQ!c4CqYZ20N...PpJ6K7na4BJ6xs

Download the package and unpack the files in the folder C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd

You will need only 2 files of this package but i wasn't shure which files exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
So now you can download newer psdzdata or here i uploaded the missing files for you.

Download the package and unpack the files in the folder C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd

You will need only 2 files of this package but i wasn't shure which files exactly.
Thank you so very much!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ok, I just downloaded, unzipped, and added them to C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd
and I got the same or similar error message. 😭
Failed to get CAFs for SWE “swfl_00000f61-001_024_001” [C111]
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #5
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

OK, then the only way to solve your problem is to flash the FZD ecu.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/at...6&d=1417265707

Read everything carefully and do it on your own responsibility.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Yikes, that looks intense. Thank you so much for your help. So let me ask you this, what causes it to have to be flashed rather than just coded normally? I bought the roof module on eBay and it said it could be returned if it was faulty. Does it mean that it’s not working properly? Or does something else cause it to need to be flashed? Thank you again for all of your help.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #7
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

I don't know exactly why this happens, i only know this happens sometimes.
Then the ecu has installed a software to which the program does not find a CAFD.
After you flash the ecu it gets a new software (+ swfl) and the program should find the properly CAFD.
For flashing you need the Full psdzdata:
https://mega.nz/#!QlB2lKBS!HtPXRCLxx...nsn1WX14r2Wx0c
For this ecu you don't need a charger because the flash process only takes 2-3min.

But i still got another idea.
Is this the only error message when you try to detect the CAFD or is there another message?
Do you know from which car series the ecu comes from?

Maybe you can try this again what I wrote here:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=544
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

This is the only error message that I’ve seen up to this point. I did notice that when I click on the other choices in the list other than FDZ it can detect CAFs just fine, but the roof module is the only part I replaced.
I was told the roof console is from the same series (part #61316826924 and I have a 2015 328i).
Thank you so much for all of your help. I will be trying this today.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #9
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't know exactly why this happens, i only know this happens sometimes.
Then the ecu has installed a software to which the program does not find a CAFD.
After you flash the ecu it gets a new software (+ swfl) and the program should find the properly CAFD.
For flashing you need the Full psdzdata:
https://mega.nz/#!QlB2lKBS!HtPXRCLxx...nsn1WX14r2Wx0c
For this ecu you don't need a charger because the flash process only takes 2-3min.

But i still got another idea.
Is this the only error message when you try to detect the CAFD or is there another message?
Do you know from which car series the ecu comes from?

Maybe you can try this again what I wrote here:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=544
Ok so it took me awhile to get everything together. My best friend passed away unexpectedly and I've been really out of sorts for the past few weeks. I did finally get the full PSdZData files downloaded and I attempted to flash the roof module tonight without success. I couldn't even get past connecting via URL and I tried several different URLs I had seen in posts. It says "Connection Check Failed Gateway/ECUs are not correctly connected or not responding." Do you know how to find the correct URL for my 2015 328i or what the problem might be if the URL is correct? [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 12:18 AM   #10
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

There‘s no need to connect via URL.
Connect via VIN.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 12:22 AM   #11
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There‘s no need to connect via URL.
Connect via VIN.
Ok. I was using the instructions you sent via the link https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/at...8;d=1417265707 and it said to connect via URL for flashing. Do I still use these same flash ECU instructions except for using the VIN instead of the URL?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 01:40 AM   #12
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Ah yes, you're right, that's written there in the instruction.
But it is not necessary to connect via URL for your purpose.
Otherwise, you can use this instruction.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2019, 02:20 AM   #13
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah yes, you're right, that's written there in the instruction.
But it is not necessary to connect via URL for your purpose.
Otherwise, you can use this instruction.
Just when I think I've finally gotten it, I hit another snag. I got almost to the end but when I go to check software availability for FZD 56 for blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, and ibaDeploy I get the error message "Missing SWEs in PSdZData directory." When I click on details it says it is missing
FZD_0x56
swfl_00000f61-001_023_002
I am using the ginormous full PSdZData file from the link you sent. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I was so close to the end. 😭 I'm so sorry that I keep having to bug you with all of my problems that I keep having. Thank you so much for helping me get this done.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 02:45 AM   #14
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

You do not need to apologize for your questions. For such questions the forum is there.
Can you possibly search the psdzdata for the swfl_00000f61-001_023_002?
I'm at work right now and can not search psdzdata now.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #15
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsparker View Post
Just when I think I've finally gotten it, I hit another snag. I got almost to the end but when I go to check software availability for FZD 56 for blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, and ibaDeploy I get the error message "Missing SWEs in PSdZData directory." When I click on details it says it is missing
FZD_0x56
I am using the ginormous full PSdZData file from the link you sent. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I was so close to the end. 😭 I'm so sorry that I keep having to bug you with all of my problems that I keep having. Thank you so much for helping me get this done.
OK, i just checked this at home.
The swfl_00000f61-001_023_002 should be included in your Full-psdzdata, because i found this in older and newer psdzdata.
But swfl-files can only be found in Full-psdzdata.
So are you sure that you loaded the Full-psdzdata or maybe by mistake the psdzdata-Lite?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 02:44 AM   #16
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
FZD_0x56
OK, i just checked this at home.
The swfl_00000f61-001_023_002 should be included in your Full-psdzdata, because i found this in older and newer psdzdata.
But swfl-files can only be found in Full-psdzdata.
So are you sure that you loaded the Full-psdzdata or maybe by mistake the psdzdata-Lite?
It's the full version, but when I searched it said the file wasn't found. It's the version I downloaded from the link you sent via MEGAsync. It took days to download because it would only download a small amount every 6 hours with the free version of the program. It's like 73 GB. I did notice something weird though. I unzipped the program (it took forever) and it created a whole other string of folders in the cafd folder. But when I go back to the place where the original zipped file is (PSDzData Full) it still looks zipped. I've unzipped it twice with two different unzip programs though. I will download another unzip program and try to unzip it again tomorrow. Right now I'd like to bash my computer in. Actually it's my college daughter's computer and it's acting squirrelly because the hard drive is almost full I think. It's our only non-Mac computer though. I will try to get it to work again after I get some sleep. Thank you for all of your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:27 AM   #17
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
It took days to download because it would only download a small amount every 6 hours with the free version of the program. It's like 73 GB.
If you pause the download before 5/10/15/20... GB are reached and restart or connect your internet router he gets a new IP-adress and you can download the hole package at once.

Quote:
But when I go back to the place where the original zipped file is (PSDzData Full) it still looks zipped.
That's normal because the Original zipped file remains and can be deleted or moved to another place later when all is working.

Quote:
I've unzipped it twice with two different unzip programs though. I will download another unzip program and try to unzip it again tomorrow.
I'm using Winrar since many years.
https://www.win-rar.com/download.html

If the Full psdzdata are unpacked it has to be moved to C:/Data/psdzdata.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #18
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It took days to download because it would only download a small amount every 6 hours with the free version of the program. It's like 73 GB.
If you pause the download before 5/10/15/20... GB are reached and restart or connect your internet router he gets a new IP-adress and you can download the hole package at once.

Quote:
But when I go back to the place where the original zipped file is (PSDzData Full) it still looks zipped.
That's normal because the Original zipped file remains and can be deleted or moved to another place later when all is working.

Quote:
I've unzipped it twice with two different unzip programs though. I will download another unzip program and try to unzip it again tomorrow.
I'm using Winrar since many years.
https://www.win-rar.com/download.html

If the Full psdzdata are unpacked it has to be moved to C:/Data/psdzdata.
Ok I will move the file now. I just searched again and I find a file that has .xml. in the middle of what I'm trying to use. Is that the same file with something extra in the file name? I just also noticed there's one with .bin. in the middle too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #19
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Yes, that‘s exactly the file the program is looking for.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #20
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that‘s exactly the file the program is looking for.
Ok I'm out here trying to flash it again and I'm getting the same error message. I just verified again that it is in the PSdZData folder. The only difference is the xml and the bin being in the middle of the file name.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #21
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ok I'm out here trying to flash it again and I'm getting the same error message. I just verified again that it is in the PSdZData folder. The only difference is the xml and the bin being in the middle of the file name.
Sorry, I think I explained something wrong.
The files must remain in their original folder.
The files belong to the folder C:/Data/psdzdata/swe/swfl
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #22
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, I think I explained something wrong.
The files must remain in their original folder.
The files belong to the folder C:/Data/psdzdata/swe/swfl
Ok. I will put them there. Thank you so much for being so patient with me!
Appreciate 0