F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 12.8 1/4 mile - what’s left to upgrade?
Studio RSR

06-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
slof30
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

12.8 1/4 mile - what’s left to upgrade?

If you look at my older posts, you’d know that I’ve always had issues with my cars trap times and overall performance.

I couldn’t get into 4.xx 0-60 times for the life of me even on Stage 2, using LC, 13.5 1/4 miles, and the car dynoed at 266 on Stage 2 E30.

Time jump to now, and after going with a custom E60 Tune by Cary Jordan the car is finally performing right.

Linked in the Imgur are 1/4 mile passes all consist at 12.8x. Definitely a number that I am happy with. I know a few guys are getting 12.7x & 12.6x, but I’m happy with mine.

View post on imgur.com

The car is pretty much at the most power it can handle tune wise, so I’m wondering if any other upgrades that are a) help with power but b) safe for the stock block.

I’ve considered Meth Injection but I haven’t found enough results on how safe it really is on these cars.

No plans for turbo upgrade, not worth it for my personally.

Mod list:
ER Chargepipe
VRSF Intercooler
Catless Downpipe
Muffler & Res Delete
GFB DV+
Injen air intake

I’ll take any suggestions, thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
Mikereese
Rep
Drives: 15 328ix drive

That’s dope dude! I don’t have any suggestions to give lol but I’m wondering is your fuel system completely stock? I’ve been running lean for so long and I have all the same upgrades you have except for the muffler res delete.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
slof30
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikereese View Post
That’s dope dude! I don’t have any suggestions to give lol but I’m wondering is your fuel system completely stock? I’ve been running lean for so long and I have all the same upgrades you have except for the muffler res delete.
Yes, my fuel system is completely stock. That was my initial worry when doing this tune, but CJ assured me that my fuel system will be fine with the way he does it. I’ll likely upgrade my LPFP just to do it, but I’ve been running the tune at least once a week for about 3 months now with no issues and no signs of fuel system failure.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 05:05 AM   #4
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by slof30 View Post
If you look at my older posts, you'd know that I've always had issues with my cars trap times and overall performance.

I couldn't get into 4.xx 0-60 times for the life of me even on Stage 2, using LC, 13.5 1/4 miles, and the car dynoed at 266 on Stage 2 E30.

Time jump to now, and after going with a custom E60 Tune by Cary Jordan the car is finally performing right.

Linked in the Imgur are 1/4 mile passes all consist at 12.8x. Definitely a number that I am happy with. I know a few guys are getting 12.7x & 12.6x, but I'm happy with mine.

View post on imgur.com

The car is pretty much at the most power it can handle tune wise, so I'm wondering if any other upgrades that are a) help with power but b) safe for the stock block.

I've considered Meth Injection but I haven't found enough results on how safe it really is on these cars.

No plans for turbo upgrade, not worth it for my personally.

Mod list:
ER Chargepipe
VRSF Intercooler
Catless Downpipe
Muffler & Res Delete
GFB DV+
Injen air intake

I'll take any suggestions, thanks
I ran meth on my 428 for about a year. Fbo custom e50 by halim on upgraded fueling. Car is fine. The only issue with meth is when it comes to tuning strictly on it that's how kabooms happen. A single meth injection bung is literally only for cooling and night net a few Whp but honestly nothing for me to write home about. If your contemplating another mod. I'd say go with an upgraded turbo. But you'll lose the fun factor of where this car really shines and that's under 100mph. But if you want top end Whp then it's totally worth it just keep boost under 24psi. 23psi should be a nice peak. Bigger turbo will make the car safer as well. Less instant torque load so it might be more worth it. On the meth side if you really want to run it be prepared to remove the nozzle every 1k miles to clean the injector as it gets clogged fast. I mixed my own meth with distilled water and that's only good if you have access to racing fuels. The 50/50 boost juice will be your best bet but clogs like no tomorrow. Use a number #2 nozzle. Otherwise you will most likely lose power.

Bigger turbo however will net the same affect. Cooler temps and safer motor. But do as you wish. I'd say upgraded turbo is totally worth it. If your worried about the car upgrade to the ARP rod bolts as thats the weak point of the internals and you can safely run about 350 worry free with those in. A real 350 not dyno jet 350