F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Low beam help question
ARMA SPEED

02-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #23
efrancis1409
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328I F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggieback View Post
So you tested everything including the bulb and the ballast? all of those components work fine on the other "working" side?. Your easiest way to tell if its an electrical issue, is to buy a multimeter, and check to see if you are getting 12v at the socket. Worst case scenario, get a harness, connect it to the working side and you have light again.
Sorry to bump an old Post but how do you go about connecting this harness and what is the purpose? Does it somehow use power from the other headlight to power the side that doesn't work? I'm having the same issue only it's in the left side and I used LEDs instead of hids.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #24
lifeofbimmer718
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive

The harness is to route power from the working side to the bad side

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrancis1409 View Post
Sorry to bump an old Post but how do you go about connecting this harness and what is the purpose? Does it somehow use power from the other headlight to power the side that doesn't work? I'm having the same issue only it's in the left side and I used LEDs instead of hids.
The harness routes power from the good side to the bad side.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #25
lifeofbimmer718
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive

Any one tried using a relay for the HID

I think i am gonna try to use a relay to power the HID too see if the car will accept. I had the same issue, after using HID on my 2014 328I my right low beam went out. Check with multi meter and only about 5v was coming out. All other lights worked fine and i tested the OEM wiring harness for any faults and routed power from another source and it worked fine. It was the Front Electric Module\footwell Module. For some reason it was not pushing power to the right low beam. The Part cost $800 not costing labor and must be installed by BMW because it requires coding. Unless you find someone with the $3000 computer to recode a FEM, BMW are usually the only ones that can do it. I Think something melted on the FEM or the Junction wire connected to it. I will look at those next.
Appreciate 0