F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel Spacers - Good or Bad?
Studio RSR

06-02-2022, 04:18 PM   #89
WagonHo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Sport Wagon

Garage List
Yes, the IS is the same as the ET values (offset in mm).

I'm not an expert and got some very good advice myself for the specific wheels I have. So don't take my advice to the bank, but . . . .

Your offsets are not much different than my summer tires. Oddly, based on your pics, it looks like your wheels are more inboard than mine; the math tells me that shouldn't be and my head is beginning to hurt <grin>. Might be the angle.

As far as rubbing is concerned, on a factory MSport suspension, I doubt you need to worry. I run Dinan springs that lower my car about 20-25mm all around and have no rubbing issues front or rear. Although looking at it you might think I would. With the summers to add spacers on mine in the rear would make me worry about rubbing on the lip of the wheelwell.

Pics attached to show my summers on the lowered springs - no spacers. Any pics in my profile/garage on Bimmerpost since the beginning of May will give you other views of the same.

You're in EU, obviously, but I've found the guys at Bimmerworld in the U.S. to be extremely helpful with this kind of question if no one else shows up with better advice. Lots of good data/info about wheels and spacers and suspension on their website. I don't work for them or with them in any capacity except as a (too regular and) satisfied customer.

Other things you raised - MSport suspension (according to the F30 tech manual) is stiffer than standard and 10mm lower. Adaptive and MSport are same ride height, but Adaptive integrates the damper control.

Comfort/Sport/Sport+ progressively increases throttle response and adjusts the dampers a bit (together or separately - see the iDrive menu). This is the real difference. Adjustable damping, just not automatic/integrated in MSport.

Great looking car, by the way. I love the color.
Attached Images

2004 B5.5 Volkswagen Passat GLS Wagon | Northern Green | 5-Speed Manual (sold - 2016)
BMW CCA | National Capital Chapter since 2019 - SCCA | Washington DC Region since 2021
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 05:15 PM   #90
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320dgrey View Post
Hi guys,
I have 2014 320d M package with M suspension. How do I know if it is adaptive? I have the comfort and sport mode button. Does that do anything with the suspension? From the iDrive settings it looks like it does.
Is it true that the M suspension is 10mm lowered than without?
And what is the best/max spacer size for 403M 19” staggered setup rims without rubbing, rolling fenders, adjust liners or whatsoever ? Originally it has 8J front and 8,5J in the back.

These are the option I have according to vin decoder on internet:
S337 M Sports Package
S704 M Sports Suspension
S715 M Aerodynamics Package

Thanks for any advise!
The adaptive suspension is an explicit option. If you had it, it would say "Adaptive" suspension.
      11-06-2023, 05:15 PM   #91
GPhilly
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 330i Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonHo View Post
Yes, the IS is the same as the ET values (offset in mm).

I'm not an expert and got some very good advice myself for the specific wheels I have. So don't take my advice to the bank, but . . . .

Your offsets are not much different than my summer tires. Oddly, based on your pics, it looks like your wheels are more inboard than mine; the math tells me that shouldn't be and my head is beginning to hurt <grin>. Might be the angle.

As far as rubbing is concerned, on a factory MSport suspension, I doubt you need to worry. I run Dinan springs that lower my car about 20-25mm all around and have no rubbing issues front or rear. Although looking at it you might think I would. With the summers to add spacers on mine in the rear would make me worry about rubbing on the lip of the wheelwell.

Pics attached to show my summers on the lowered springs - no spacers. Any pics in my profile/garage on Bimmerpost since the beginning of May will give you other views of the same.

You're in EU, obviously, but I've found the guys at Bimmerworld in the U.S. to be extremely helpful with this kind of question if no one else shows up with better advice. Lots of good data/info about wheels and spacers and suspension on their website. I don't work for them or with them in any capacity except as a (too regular and) satisfied customer.

Other things you raised - MSport suspension (according to the F30 tech manual) is stiffer than standard and 10mm lower. Adaptive and MSport are same ride height, but Adaptive integrates the damper control.

Comfort/Sport/Sport+ progressively increases throttle response and adjusts the dampers a bit (together or separately - see the iDrive menu). This is the real difference. Adjustable damping, just not automatic/integrated in MSport.

Great looking car, by the way. I love the color.

Do you know if putting rubber spacers to lift the suspension will affect the adaptive system? I want to do this with my wagon for more of a "rally" setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 12:57 PM   #92
WagonHo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Sport Wagon

Garage List
I don't have adaptive suspension in mine, but that being said, the 10mm rubber spacers are an OEM part - in fact it's called the "bad roads kit." I think checking on RealOEM or GetBMWParts would show whether the part is listed for cars with adaptive. I cannot imagine why they would have any impact, though.

My $0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhilly View Post
Do you know if putting rubber spacers to lift the suspension will affect the adaptive system? I want to do this with my wagon for more of a "rally" setup.
2004 B5.5 Volkswagen Passat GLS Wagon | Northern Green | 5-Speed Manual (sold - 2016)
BMW CCA | National Capital Chapter since 2019 - SCCA | Washington DC Region since 2021
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 12:51 AM   #93
LUX3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Front hubs protrusion 11.5mm and rear hub protrusion is 13mm.
Only options for hubcentric spacers available are 12 front /15 rear.
That's flush with the guards, pretty aggressive at the rear on my previous F30, due to the baggy 255 tyre width on skinny stock 8 1/2" rims

Last edited by LUX3; 02-14-2024 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 07:46 PM   #94
LUX3
Private
Australia
Rep

Wait WHAT!!!!

Last edited by LUX3; 02-14-2024 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 07:50 PM   #95
LUX3
Private
Australia
Rep

You got 13mm hub on the rear!
Just grind off 1.5 mm from the end length and voila!
In five minutes work you can now safely fit 12mm spacers all round front & rear
The perfect adjustment for the F30.

Last edited by LUX3; 02-11-2024 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:13 AM   #96
Beat_Em_DoubleYou
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xdrive

Depends

It depends on what wheels you’re running, and also your location. I wouldn’t run them if your areas streets are messed up. But they do look beautiful
Appreciate 0