F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > trying to fix outer side of seat (says airbag inside)
Studio RSR

03-17-2024, 11:24 PM   #1
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

trying to fix outer side of seat (says airbag inside)

So long story long, i bought a new to me 2017 440i (vert) and i love it. it was in near mint condition and the only thing i can see visually wrong with it is the drivers side (RHD) right side seat bolster and adjourning seat trim. i had brought the car to the only little bmw dealer on island and they ordered me the parts for like $200 (which comes with install). fast forward a month and now i have some aftermarket parts on my car (i did when i ordered them too actually but i guess they didn't notice) and a dumb japan rule out here is that a dealership won't touch your car if you have anything aftermarket. -- i was refused an oil change at a toyo dealership near my house the other day in my lex LS (with my own purchased oil and oil filter) since i had window tint on the car

so anyways i did what any american would do and gave them a large serving of attitude as i left the dealership. but i still want to fix the damn side seat trim piece that is somewhat lose and not clipping tightly to the seat and you can see inside of what looks like an airbag or something. I think i know the part number 52-10-7-261-792 but was just curious how easy or difficult of a piece is this to remove and reinstall? i was about to do it myself before realizing that it has an airbag inside, so now i'm a bit paranoid.

i'm trying to NOT have to put factory wheels and taillights back on just to get them to do the work (plus i'm getting DP and lowering springs done this weekend). Plus there is the whole principle thing about not wanting to ever set foot back in their dealership again unless i really need something from them
Attached Images