F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New to the forum - quick retrofit question
GetBMWParts

10-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
Bayliss02
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 F34

New to the forum - quick retrofit question

Hi all,

New to the forum so firstly hello all! I’ve been reading through lots of threads for NBT retrofits over the last month or so and have finally decided to bite the bullet and do the fit! from not understanding even what an NBT was this forum has managed to build up my knowledge so much!

I have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to anywhere. Currently my car has HU_entry with no combox so install should be fairly straightforward. My car has the reversing camera that was on from new (not a retrofit). My question is do I need to change any wiring in the quad lock when plugging it into the NBT so my reversing camera still works? Or is it wired correctly already? I’m not going to use an emulator for the nav, I have someone who is going to do the coding for me and provide FSC codes.

Thanks in advance hoping someone can shed some light for me!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 02:20 AM   #2
Hugrov
Captain
Rep
Drives: F36 LCI

Welcome to the forum

I'm no expert when it comes to NBT and the different versions, however, I retrofitted the OEM reversing camera kit to my 65 plate HU_entry Nav equipped F30 and also did the same to my 17 plate F36 LCI which I'm thinking is maybe NBT Evo ID6, I can confirm the pin-outs at the quad-lock were identical.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 02:30 AM   #3
Hugrov
Captain
Rep

I do remember that the pin out schedule was different for earlier CIC equipped cars but the attached pictures show the NBT pin outs, you can just confirm your current wiring matches this at the quad-lock.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
Bayliss02
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 F34

Thank you Hugrove! Appreciate you taking the time to reply, reassuring then hopefully I won’t need to change any wires
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Hugrov
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss02 View Post
Thank you Hugrove! Appreciate you taking the time to reply, reassuring then hopefully I won't need to change any wires
No problem at all, happy to help. Yeah you should be all good if your existing HU wiring is as per the pics
Appreciate 0