F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > European delivery, how much does it cost to ship?
GetBMWParts

10-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
ghostchili
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive

European delivery, how much does it cost to ship?

My car is almost on the boat. I was wondering what you pay to get you car home once it gets to the US port? I ordered my car from a dealer in California but I live in Wisconsin. The BMW is dropping the car off in the NJ port.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Depends on what delivery you take advantage of. You could take advantage of performance center delivery in South Carolina (free of charge) then drive it home from there or you could ship it from there at a cost via truck. You could do a courtesy delivery which is when you pick up your car from a local dealership (price varies from free to sometimes $500) or you can ship it from whatever state the car is sent to (California in your situation) to where at a cost (500-1600$ range)

Lots of options, however all of these options would of been locked in and decided on before the car got on the boat. You may be able to change it last minute however I am not sure, something David would know. So if you are looking at shipping it from CA to milwaukee if I had to guess I would say 1200-1500 range but that is just a guess. Could be more could be less. Depends on covered transport or non covered transport as well.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
ghostchili
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Depends on what delivery you take advantage of. You could take advantage of performance center delivery in South Carolina (free of charge) then drive it home from there or you could ship it from there at a cost via truck. You could do a courtesy delivery which is when you pick up your car from a local dealership (price varies from free to sometimes $500) or you can ship it from whatever state the car is sent to (California in your situation) to where at a cost (500-1600$ range)

Lots of options, however all of these options would of been locked in and decided on before the car got on the boat. You may be able to change it last minute however I am not sure, something David would know. So if you are looking at shipping it from CA to milwaukee if I had to guess I would say 1200-1500 range but that is just a guess. Could be more could be less. Depends on covered transport or non covered transport as well.
David has it going to NJ port. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I should fly there then drive it home or if I should have it shipped to my house.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^hmm yea thats a tough one. May want to talk to David and see what he would recommend. I believe in NJ you have a few hurdles you have to jump through with DMV if you take delivery there, but I am not 100% on that.

If you are working with David thats great bc he is VERY well versed in all this stuff so he can better go over all the options with you. Feel free to pm me if you need any assistance.

How was your ED trip? Did you post a thread with pics yet? I would love to check it out!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
ghostchili
Private First Class
Rep

The trip was great, but the ED was so last minute on my end that David had to scramble to get everything done on time. I left Europe the day the car was done. So instead of driving the BMW in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, and Italy I drove a 9 passenger van We were there to visit my wives family and help on the farm with the wine, apple harvest. The BMW ED was a last minute impulsive thing made possible by Steve Thomas BMW. David, Quinn, and Brie have been top notch! I told David the next ED with be better planned so I can get on the Ring, the next car will start with an M
Appreciate 0