F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Perth WA - DEPO Headlights
Studio RSR

11-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
Chromeo
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i M-Sport

Garage List
Perth WA - DEPO Headlights

Hi All,
currently in the process of finalising the purchase of a 2014 328i and extremely excited to be joining the community! Been going through lots of the posts here and looks like a wealth of information!

Just wanted to ask if there are any fellow members in Perth WA who have done the halogen conversion to DEPO headlights? My headlights have arrived and I am looking to have them changed over - was wondering if anyone has the tools/expertise. Willing to do the grunt work but lack the necessary equipment and could really do with some assistance.
Maybe someone about to do theirs as well and want to tag team and help each other out?

Last edited by Chromeo; 01-29-2019 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
Bimmby2.0
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Hi Mate, how'd you go with the headlights? did you installed them yourself? how much did you paid for it? I want to upgrade mine too. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #3
Chromeo
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Hi Bimmby2.0,

yeah I did end up doing it myself. I got them when they were on sale from Unique Style Racing when there was a 10% sale around November last year (Black Friday sale). Shipping is quite fast and the result makes such a difference to the car.

It's a pretty intensive task. Below are some points I thought are important:
1. You definitely want to jack up the car (be sure to use stands to support) and perhaps remove the tyres.
2. Taking off the plastic wheel well/ guard will help heaps too.
3. Bumper needs to come off so give yourself at least 3-5 hours to do it if you're attempting it yourself.
4. Another thing to note is it is quite difficult to get the adjustment to sit flush between bonnet and top of the bumper (section above the grills). Be sure to push the headlights up when re-bolting the bottom torx screws on the headlight.
5. My advise is do 1 side at a time (don't dismantle both) so you have a reference point if you need to check something. Maybe even mark your side fender and bumper wit painters tape and a pen to know where you alignment should sit.

If you want a good job the first time around, get a professional installer to do it for you. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, more than happy to provide info.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #4
combivan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Hi Chromeo,
Are the headlights electronically adjustable ?
Also did level the beam?
Headlights is $1000+ AUS delivered right?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by combivan View Post
Hi Chromeo,
Are the headlights electronically adjustable ?
Also did level the beam?
Headlights is $1000+ AUS delivered right?
Simple answer Is :

YES
YES
And YES
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
Chromeo
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Hi combivan ,
1. Not electronically (unless you mean the motor self adjustments then yes it still works) headlights are adjustable via Philips head screwdriver; see this youtube video:

2. dont know what you mean, but I assume you mean did I level the beams. The beams are already leveled, besides what you do in 1. above.

3. Yes it will be; still (HEAPS) cheaper than OEM lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
combivan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Sorry for the confusing questions - was half awake.
Thanks for the replies!
I was just wondering if the lights were electronically connected to the dial inside the car where you can choose the angle of your beam depending on weight of your car - looks like it is.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
Chromeo
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by combivan View Post
Sorry for the confusing questions - was half awake.
Thanks for the replies!
I was just wondering if the lights were electronically connected to the dial inside the car where you can choose the angle of your beam depending on weight of your car - looks like it is.
Yes they are connected to the inside to adjust the height. But I will point out not to play around with it too much as it seems to throw an error like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0