F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F33 radio base update pp86dsp + Alpha one set help me
proTUNING Freaks

02-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
albertopetit
Rep
Drives: f33

F33 radio base update pp86dsp + Alpha one set help me

hello friends, a long time ago I read your post which has been very helpful, I have a f33 of 2018, I recently bought a pp86dsp and also bought a full set of Alpha one speakers 4 media 2 tuiwter 2 subwoofer purchased at BimmerTech my car brings radio base, We installed in yesterday and managed to leave almost everything perfect and I am very happy the sound is clean and powerful and I could not play much with the equalization since there were many hours of work, but I was very satisfied, the only problem that I found and today I will try to solve is that I connect a separate subwoofer box that I had in my other car
a subwoofer of 10 brand JL of very good quality and high sensitivity, the pp86 dsp match amplifier has a passive subwoofer output from channel E to H in which according to the manual can connect a dual coil subwoofer match or 2 speaker subwoofer double coil, bone is 4 channels, my subwoofer is 1 coil so occupy 1 channel, the E channel, but I can not get it power sounds as if it worked at 20% and did not achieve anything else I went up and played with the gains of the amplifier but nothing still require help I will be very grateful
Now whoever wants to consult reference on the rest will gladly answer, all my life and had some kind of audio amplification in my car I have enough experience in hearing good sound, to decide what to install in my Bmw f33 investigate a lot, in my country it does not arrive so much variety for this range of cars and only 2 people sell very precise equipment that would be amplifier Mosconi which I like a lot and speakers graden which are not my taste in any case I say it was bad but it does not convince me, finally I brought everything out from my country .
sorry for the long text but I preferred to place as much information as possible greetings from Chile
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Ask BimmerTech or use a separate sub amp via RCA output.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
albertopetit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Ask BimmerTech or use a separate sub amp via RCA output.
that would be a solution, but I wonder then how these subwoofer work like in the photo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I don’t think that the PP86DSP output channels can be bridged.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
albertopetit
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that the PP86DSP output channels can be bridged.
so I could investigate, that can not be done!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #6
albertopetit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej@BimmerTech View Post
Hello Alberto,

What speaker exactly is installed in your JL subwoofer? One output channel of our PP86 can deliver 70W RMS @ 2 Ohms. Even if the gain structure would be perfect and all of the 70W were used - 70W will not be enough to get a solid 10" speaker moving. If your JL is dual voice coil you can drive it with two channels from the PP86 and essentially push 140W RMS into the speaker. 140W RMS is getting there. How much power did your old amplifier have?

You're welcome to open a support ticket with us so that we don't spam the forum - our e-mail is support@bimmer-tech.net

Personally I think it makes the most sense to drive the external sub with a dedicated amplifier.

If you're into car audio you could always use the two additional PP86 channels to run the front speakers in a 3-way active configuration by adding a bit of wiring. I think that would be a much better way to utilize them .
Hello, today I did not have much time to get my hands on to solve the problem, what I did was what recommended me and take the output and place an amplifier for the big subwoofer today I bought a digital amplifier with 2 channels of 240 watts in bridge and I could not make it work either, tomorrow I will try again because there is no signal for the auxiliary out tomorrow morning I will take it to the workshop, there is some option that I have to activate before in the PC-Tool program so that the output works, I hope respond soon, greetings from Chile and excuse the translation into English
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 08:22 AM   #7
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertopetit View Post
Hello, today I did not have much time to get my hands on to solve the problem, what I did was what recommended me and take the output and place an amplifier for the big subwoofer today I bought a digital amplifier with 2 channels of 240 watts in bridge and I could not make it work either, tomorrow I will try again because there is no signal for the auxiliary out tomorrow morning I will take it to the workshop, there is some option that I have to activate before in the PC-Tool program so that the output works, I hope respond soon, greetings from Chile and excuse the translation into English
You must assign inputs to the CH7 and CH8 at the PC-Tool so there is an output thru the RCA.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #8
albertopetit
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You must assign inputs to the CH7 and CH8 at the PC-Tool so there is an output thru the RCA.
finally today all solved apparently something was modified in the software the first time and there was no case reset the amplifier and appeared the sound of out line, after 3 hours we finished configuring and it was fantastic more than satisfied with these 2 products pp86dsp + Alpha one + Jl additional subwoofer, thanks to those who tried to give me a hand greetings. the other week I will give my opinion of an android screen of 10.25 that I will install in the bmw greetings.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2022, 06:56 PM   #9
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Quote:
finally today all solved apparently something was modified in the software the first time and there was no case reset the amplifier and appeared the sound of out line, after 3 hours we finished configuring and it was fantastic more than satisfied with these 2 products pp86dsp + Alpha one + Jl additional subwoofer, thanks to those who tried to give me a hand greetings. the other week I will give my opinion of an android screen of 10.25 that I will install in the bmw greetings.
so you solved the problem by adding digital amplifier with 2 channels of 240 watts in bridge? and then assigning channels to trunk subwoofer?
Appreciate 0