F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > MPPSK in-bound!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #23
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1894 View Post
Turns out they couldn't complete the programming for the MPPSK ... BMW will now be paying for a replacement Head Unit as their policy is to retry the programming 3 times, after which a head unit replacement should sort the problem.

Entered Rybrook Warwick at 9 with a 440i, expected to leave around 2 with a 440i MPPSK.. ended up leaving at 4 with a 520d touring.
Ahh man I feel for you
Just been told the head unit will only come in on Monday so should be done then.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #24
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixerste View Post
Quote:

Next two questions now, how hard is it to fit a non-OEM rear diffuser and what are the options for tuning boxes, on top of the MPPSK?
The rear diffuser is easy to fit 15-20 min tops (none OEM) and on my car MPPSK = 363 bhp MPPSK and a JB+ = 422 bhp on a rolling road
Where did you get the JB4 fitted?
Same question as Rusty... where did you get this fitted?

Also have you guys explored the Racechip or DTUK options ( they do have options for cars with MPPSK)??
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #25
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixerste View Post
Quote:

Next two questions now, how hard is it to fit a non-OEM rear diffuser and what are the options for tuning boxes, on top of the MPPSK?
The rear diffuser is easy to fit 15-20 min tops (none OEM) and on my car MPPSK = 363 bhp MPPSK and a JB+ = 422 bhp on a rolling road
Same question as Rusty... where did you get this fitted?

Also have you guys explored the Racechip or DTUK options ( they do have options for cars with MPPSK)??
DTUK with MPPSK not a bad price.
Attached Images

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 07:24 AM   #26
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Racechip MPPSK images below

DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 with MPPSK 426 HP, 463 In-ft (627Nm) of torque
Unfortunately only available in the US
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...36-440i-mppsk/
Attached Images

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #27
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Racechip MPPSK images below

DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 with MPPSK 426 HP, 463 In-ft (627Nm) of torque
Unfortunately only available in the US
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...36-440i-mppsk/
Yeah that's what I've been checking out. Racechip warranties the engine for £4000 with their most expensive box, which has similar gains to the DTUK for £200 more.

Basically paying £200 for the warranty which I would be happy to do, for the peace of mind. Not sure where the JB4 sits around these.

I believe the JB4 is £500ish and has a lot more to it. More customisation on the variables as well as logging and all that!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #28
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

The thing is if you pay an extra 200 for a warranty do you really think it would be a simple task to claim against it? There would be months of arguing with bmw saying it was the tuning box, them saying it's nothing to do with them for a particular part etc etc

Jb4 is definitely the more advance product but drilling holes in the firewall and in ability to remove quickly put me off.

The dtuk box I have has taken a bit of playing around to find the map which suits me and the engine but was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #29
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
The thing is if you pay an extra 200 for a warranty do you really think it would be a simple task to claim against it? There would be months of arguing with bmw saying it was the tuning box, them saying it's nothing to do with them for a particular part etc etc

Jb4 is definitely the more advance product but drilling holes in the firewall and in ability to remove quickly put me off.

The dtuk box I have has taken a bit of playing around to find the map which suits me and the engine but was worth it.
I would go down your route with the DTUK box, they have great reputation for the diesels and it's now showing on petrols

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
Gixerste
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430D m sport, 340i m sport

Quote:
Not a JB4 its a JB+ and I got it from the Performance Centre in Sunderland.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #31
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

@RustyBitz, moff or anyone else who have had their MPPSK fitted, did you guys have any coding done to the car before the kit was installed?

If yes, I presume there were no issues and it all just worked fine?

I've just been told the replacement Head Unit hasn't fixed the problem and now BMW need to get someone to remote code it and see what's wrong!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #32
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
@RustyBitz, moff or anyone else who have had their MPPSK fitted, did you guys have any coding done to the car before the kit was installed?

I've just been told the replacement Head Unit hasn't fixed the problem and now BMW need to get someone to remote code it and see what's wrong!
Hey, do you mean self-coding such as Bimmercode etc?

The MPPSK install went fine I believe the coding was the longest part when speaking to Tom at the dealership.

Have they got an estimated time when the car will be fixed?

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #33
Mike_H
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:

Yes, I had my car coded before I had the MPPSK fitted, also at Rybrook Warwick and had no issues with the software update during the install.

You do lose all your coding though, so I have since gone down the Bimmercode route to get back what I lost during the MPSSK software update.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #34
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey, do you mean self-coding such as Bimmercode etc?

The MPPSK install went fine I believe the coding was the longest part when speaking to Tom at the dealership.

Have they got an estimated time when the car will be fixed?
Yeah, so any coding such as Bimmercode or just fiddling yourself?

Yup, Jodi, the service advisor I'm dealing with there was saying the install of the exhaust is a couple of hour job, while the programming can take anything between an hour to a day!

He also let me know that it's now in BMW's hands so no estimate at all on time. Hopefully will be sorted tomorrow but really not sure what to realistically expect.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #35
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_H View Post
Quote:

Yes, I had my car coded before I had the MPPSK fitted, also at Rybrook Warwick and had no issues with the software update during the install.

You do lose all your coding though, so I have since gone down the Bimmercode route to get back what I lost during the MPSSK software update.
Thanks Mike. Was just wondering coding was the reason there are issues but since yours was fine I'm not sure what it could be.

Guess I gotta wait and see what BMW say the problem is...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #36
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post

You don't need to drill through the firewall as there's a gap. Install guide from YouTube:

The advantage over the JB4 over both DTUK and RaceChip is the configurable nature of the chip. That means with the help of Burger etc you can tailor the chip to your car based on the feedback from via the ODB port.

You need to run SUL for decent gains too.

I wouldn't touch Diann either, very expensive and yes they offer a warranty but in the US only.

Also, someone mentioned they installed the JB+. Interesting that it works, but I was specifically told by Burger Tuning to avoid it with the MPPSK and go for JB4 only.

I've laboured over making a decision and will ultimately get the JB4 (£484 now) once a few other expenses out of the way like new non runflats.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #37
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Finally got the car after all the nonsense was sorted! It's been a week but this has made me fall in love with my car even more.

As for the MPPSK, all I can say is that I knew to expect louder, just not this loud! It sounds like everything I hoped for and more.

The increased power is definitely more noticeable at higher speeds where the car just feels like it wants to keep going, more so than before.

Thank you to everyone on here who's been shouting about theirs! So glad I've finally got this done.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #38
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Finally got the car after all the nonsense was sorted! It's been a week but this has made me fall in love with my car even more.

As for the MPPSK, all I can say is that I knew to expect louder, just not this loud! It sounds like everything I hoped for and more.

The increased power is definitely more noticeable at higher speeds where the car just feels like it wants to keep going, more so than before.

Thank you to everyone on here who's been shouting about theirs! So glad I've finally got this done.
Great news! Now find a multi story car park and let it rip

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #39
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Great news! Now find a multi story car park and let it rip
Already done! Absolutely in love!

The best thing to me is the fact that I can actually hear a proper noise even from low revs! Can't get enough of it!
Appreciate 0