F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Weird car crushes.
Studio RSR

06-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #89
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Excellent - another expensive thread! Which model and care to share any pics?
will do shortly, and given it cost less than a mppsk install (£1500), it was actually surprisingly cheap.

Its a 170 2.0 tdi 4x4 elegance 6 speed manual with a fair few options ticked, including park assist (parallel parks between cars). Mechanically sound car, with all the nice options to have. A bit rough bodywork - most of which will polish out. Bonus of full dealer history with recent tyres and brakes all round along with cambelt change, haldex service so all big maintenance has been done. Aircon blows ice cold, xenons all function correctly, as does the heated seats and so forth.

early opinions: Very easy to drive, great seating position, people actually let you out of junctions, drives smoothly across all roads, the engine suits the car well.

Appreciate the average owner age is 68, so I'm still a good 40 years away from that club, but can see the appeal of it. Its got very familiar controls being similar to the vw golf.

Its spacious inside, and small outside. So really easy to park and maneuver. Its liberating having a car you can park at the front of the supermarket and not worry about dings or dents. Also has been useful for trips to the recycling center.

Rear seats fold forwards, fold inwards, and can be taken by unclipping, thanks to the variofold seating skoda implemented. Very useful considering my 340i doesn't have folding rear seats!

Belgian Shepard fits in the back with no problems. Really useful car to add to the current lineup.

The other bonus is, it doesn't wake up half the neighborhood doing a cold start. Power is reasonable, obviously its not a 480bhp 340i, but the 170bhp does pull smoothly and well.

At £1500 I really can't complain, it does everything it should and more.
Appreciate 1
JD64270.50
      06-14-2021, 08:38 AM   #90
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars111 View Post
will do shortly, and given it cost less than a mppsk install (£1500), it was actually surprisingly cheap.

Its a 170 2.0 tdi 4x4 elegance 6 speed manual with a fair few options ticked, including park assist (parallel parks between cars). Mechanically sound car, with all the nice options to have. A bit rough bodywork - most of which will polish out. Bonus of full dealer history with recent tyres and brakes all round along with cambelt change, haldex service so all big maintenance has been done. Aircon blows ice cold, xenons all function correctly, as does the heated seats and so forth.

early opinions: Very easy to drive, great seating position, people actually let you out of junctions, drives smoothly across all roads, the engine suits the car well.

Appreciate the average owner age is 68, so I'm still a good 40 years away from that club, but can see the appeal of it. Its got very familiar controls being similar to the vw golf.

Its spacious inside, and small outside. So really easy to park and maneuver. Its liberating having a car you can park at the front of the supermarket and not worry about dings or dents. Also has been useful for trips to the recycling center.

Rear seats fold forwards, fold inwards, and can be taken by unclipping, thanks to the variofold seating skoda implemented. Very useful considering my 340i doesn't have folding rear seats!

Belgian Shepard fits in the back with no problems. Really useful car to add to the current lineup.

The other bonus is, it doesn't wake up half the neighborhood doing a cold start. Power is reasonable, obviously its not a 480bhp 340i, but the 170bhp does pull smoothly and well.

At £1500 I really can't complain, it does everything it should and more.
Great summary. There is definitely something pleasing about smaller, older cars that you drive and dont care so much about...
Appreciate 1
MY340i719.50
      06-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #91
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Not sure my half-handed photo technique helped, including mainly floor in the frame. Shopping in phone hand, daughter hauling at the other
you could have got in a bit closer and lost the foreground floor, but really the thing you needed to do to improve the photo was lose the car sitting in the background hurting everyone's eyes....

Attached Images

Last edited by isleaiw1; 06-14-2021 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 1