F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 335d XD Shadow Edition Journey - One Year On.
Studio RSR

05-12-2021, 05:10 AM   #89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XD

72 530 Miles Oil change

I have never bought into the extended servicing on any car, and as such I have been servicing this car midway through each service period or about every 10k.

So its now had 7 oil changes, and I DIY'd this one again, its so easy its unreal to be honest.

I bought a genuine filter and I opted for some Smith and Allan 5w30 LL04 oil, in a 20 litre drum, the reasoning behind this choice of oil is this car now isn't doing the same sort of journeys it was, and I believe this showed in the old oil, it was very dirty and smelt very strongly of dirty diesel oil, albeit the filter looks in pretty good shape. Post service the engine felt as silky as ever but this is likely psychosomatic as a reward for messing about for 45 minutes with the car.

Because my mileage is due to plummet I will be reducing my service interval periods to 6 months regardless of mileage but no more than 5k as I will be doing less than 20 miles a day on average down from the 120 plus and I will be keeping the car long term for sure and oil and filters are significantly cheaper than turbos and DPF's.

Anyway, safe driving all.

PS - Steinbauer box is still brilliant.

PPS - The bill for fitting the box and doing the brakes was only £320 which I considered a result.
      07-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XD

And the Journey has ended

Afternoon All

Just to close off this thread I wanted to do a final update.

I sold the car about a month ago to forum member, I'm vert grateful for a straightforward sale. Total mileage was just under 75k when it went.

It was a sad day for me but also the start of a new period of my life where I no longer am wedded to a stupid commute and a change in direction career wise.

Although I wanted to keep the car, a number of factors have changed in my life in the last 15 months or so, and it was no longer needed for the tool / weapon it is.

So I have gone old school for a bit and have gone back to a Disco 3 for a bit, I wanted something newer but given the market and my current decision to be finance free I decided against a Disco 5 and I couldn't get any certainty from manufactures on spec and lead time and cost so happy to be old school for a year or two.

Anyway, I hope this serves historically to help someone at some point, It never made it to the 160K under my command but have no doubt it will continue to perform well for its new owner.

Thanks again for all the help and advice and you never know, I might be back in an BMW one day.

Safe driving all.
Londoner168.00
g9icy340.50
ar68149.00
Sennen1733.50
Dcs10036.00
McBeemer261.00
      08-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #91
Blowback
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
All sounds good, Saving grace is I have HUD so don't have to look at the dated cluster!, would definitely had added the LCD dash had it been an option when I ordered.

What dash cam you go for? I hard wired a D650s 2ch with cellink B battery. It was very easy with the BMW fuse board being so easy to access in the boot.

I read your update about the LTE being switched by ignition, would be handy for the cloud functionality of a dash cam. Maybe it's something that could be bypassed/coded?.
You are thorough
Appreciate 0