F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Flashing order!
European Auto Source (EAS)

Today, 11:25 AM   #1
yungf30
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i xdrive

Flashing order!

This might be a known fact but today I just discovered that you need to flash your TCU first then your EC you maybe I have just always been wrong in the head but I was constantly getting issues with second gear and just a very jittery shift nothing felt right I played with it a lot on SHP to make the transmission feel right but never had any success then I finally started messing around with the order of flashing and that's when I found the issue

P.S. I am going to feel really dumb if everybody knows they should do it in this order but I just feel like it should be known
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:50 PM   #2
mcintoshf30
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungf30 View Post
This might be a known fact but today I just discovered that you need to flash your TCU first then your EC you maybe I have just always been wrong in the head but I was constantly getting issues with second gear and just a very jittery shift nothing felt right I played with it a lot on SHP to make the transmission feel right but never had any success then I finally started messing around with the order of flashing and that's when I found the issue

P.S. I am going to feel really dumb if everybody knows they should do it in this order but I just feel like it should be known
So you should get xHP before any tune?? I've never heard of this but who knows
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:58 PM   #3
Tpriest7893
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55

First time I'm hearing this.. most people that flash have no issue with trans
      Today, 01:01 PM   #4
yungf30
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungf30 View Post

So you should get xHP before any tune?? I've never heard of this but who knows
It may be different for your car but for mine it got rid of a lot of shifting issues by flashing with XHP first then BM3 2nd
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:02 PM   #5
yungf30
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
First time I'm hearing this.. most people that flash have no issue with trans
Yeah that's what I thought.. I haven't seen anyone having this issue but this has fixed it so I figure if anyone else is having odd shifts it might not be a bad idea just to suggest changing the order
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:04 PM   #6
thejeremyman9
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I was actually going to pose a question about this soon because i just removed MHD to go in for service, and i plan to get XHP for the first time afterwards.

When you flash MHD you have the option to select if you have the XHP flash enabled already. Because of that, i was thinking about flashing XHP first, then flashing MHD. I suppose you could also flash MHD and not select the XHP option, then install XHP, then reflash a MHD map by just changing that selection for having XHP installed... Now I'm not sure.

Can anyone who has flashed both XHP and MHD comment on the order they did things?
Appreciate 0