F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Vacuum hose Tee snapped
Studio RSR

07-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
nickmarvin01
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Vacuum hose Tee snapped

I was replacing my air filter underneath the hood of my N20, and when i was tightening one of the clamps, I snapped the white Tee for my vacuum line. I texted my garage guy and he said it's fine to drive without it, but I read some conflicting things online, and was wondering if i could get some opinions. Below are attached pictures. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You might be able to glue that back together with UV cure glue.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

That vacuum line goes back into the air box I'm assuming? If it is jut a vacuum line, you could just drill out the center and get a plastic nipple and glue it in there, then cut the vacuum line and push it over the nipple, then clamp it back down. I too have broken many plastic vacuum lines that I subsequently fixed with some items I found in the house.

You could try gluing it back on as Billfitz said, but you are going to need to be careful not to glue the hole shut. I'd say carefully drill it out and glue in a fresh nipple and call it done.
2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Using UV glue you wouldn't glue the mating surfaces, as the UV light wouldn't reach the glue. I'd first get it very clean with alcohol, hold the two pieces together with one hand, with the other put a good sized glob of glue on the outside of the joint, then hit it with a UV flashlight, The advantage to UV glue is that it sets up in a minute or two, making it practical to hold the joint together until it sets.
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2021, 03:22 PM   #5
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Using UV glue you wouldn't glue the mating surfaces, as the UV light wouldn't reach the glue. I'd first get it very clean with alcohol, hold the two pieces together with one hand, with the other put a good sized glob of glue on the outside of the joint, then hit it with a UV flashlight, The advantage to UV glue is that it sets up in a minute or two, making it practical to hold the joint together until it sets.
That's a great way to approach it. I need to get some UV glue and a UV light for future repairs! Thanks for sharing!
2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

UV glue is something you seldom need, but when you do you're glad to have it. Don't bother with the little pen style, get a bottle of glue and a real UV flashlight, which you'll eventually need for tracing the inevitable BMW oil leaks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 1