F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > 2016 318d Touring Interior Care
ARMA SPEED

03-08-2019, 02:48 AM   #1
Matpan
Rep
Drives: Bmw

2016 318d Touring Interior Care

So, I was looking at options to cover the floors. Since I live in an area that gets snow and have two small daughters... maybe something to replace the stock floor mats? any experience / recommendation? I rather spend a little more and put something that is made to fit...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:56 AM   #2
ShavingChimps
Banned
Rep
Drives: RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matpan View Post
So, I was looking at options to cover the floors. Since I live in an area that gets snow and have two small daughters... maybe something to replace the stock floor mats? any experience / recommendation? I rather spend a little more and put something that is made to fit...
BMW make their own rubber fitted mats which are excellent. Alternatively there are copies but I have no experience of them. I'm sure someone will be along to give you an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
Matpan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavingChimps View Post
BMW make their own rubber fitted mats which are excellent. Alternatively there are copies but I have no experience of them. I'm sure someone will be along to give you an alternative.
Oh... silly me I did not first look there. I shall get the original ones then if the quality is good.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

WeatherTech floor liners. I expect they're not sold in Slovenia, but the re-branded BMW version may be.
https://www.weathertech.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
Matpan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
WeatherTech floor liners. I expect they're not sold in Slovenia, but the re-branded BMW version may be.
https://www.weathertech.com/
They look really good! I finally went for the original ones, just drove by the bmw dealership and got the ones for my model. But these actually seem to reach a bit higher... maybe next winter...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #6
D1gg3r
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 318i

I had both BMWs rubber and cloth(stock) floor mats, and well, I live in Russia, so lots of snow. It turned out that cloth mats worked betted as with rubber you always have a pond of dirt water inside a mat after snow is melted. From the other hand, cloth mats will be a bit wet, but they have rubber bottom and will dry out pretty quick.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #7
Matpan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1gg3r View Post
I had both BMWs rubber and cloth(stock) floor mats, and well, I live in Russia, so lots of snow. It turned out that cloth mats worked betted as with rubber you always have a pond of dirt water inside a mat after snow is melted. From the other hand, cloth mats will be a bit wet, but they have rubber bottom and will dry out pretty quick.
Yes! thanks! I went for the BMW original ones, perfect fit (of course) and they look nice and do the job. Also got the one for the trunk.
Appreciate 0