F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmertech pp82dsp harness/channel documentation
ARMA SPEED

03-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
raf1hh
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Bimmertech pp82dsp harness/channel documentation

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of audio upgrade on my 2019 F36. Already replaced stock amp with pp82dsp and now waiting for sub and second amp to arrive. One question has been on my mind as I plan for the sub amp wiring: which channels on the 82dsp actually go to which speakers?

The manual sucks and does not represent state of things. As far as I can tell here is how the harness is wired:

Channel A: Front 4" mid and tweeter (most likely there is a passive 6db or 12db crossover inline). Don't know if left or right.

Channel B: Front 4" mid and tweeter (most likely there is a passive 6db or 12db inline crossover). Don't know if left or right.

Channel C: Rear 4" mid. Don't know if left or right.

Channel D: Rear 4" mid. Don't know if left or right.

Channel E: Center speaker

Channel F: Unused?

Channel G: Underseat 8" sub. Don't know if left or right.

Channel H: Underseat 8" sub. Don't know if left or right.

The above could be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure the amp does not use a separate channel for the tweeters and instead uses it for center speaker.

Secondary question: if channels G and H are used for underseat subs, is the line out on channel G & H also working so I can power the external sub amp? Manual says OR but like I said, manual sucks.

Thanks a bunch.

Rafael
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

I believe if you connect laptop running the AudioTech-Fisher tuning software that will answer your questions. Each channel is identified and you can turn each on/off via software to double check.

Subs are mono, right? So L/R not a concern
Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

You can use the Balance and the Fader in the iDrive, or mute channels in the PP82DSP to determine which speaker is powered by which channel. And you can always contact BimmerTech to answer your questions as your seller. No drama required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf1hh View Post
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of audio upgrade on my 2019 F36. Already replaced stock amp with pp82dsp and now waiting for sub and second amp to arrive. One question has been on my mind as I plan for the sub amp wiring: which channels on the 82dsp actually go to which speakers?

The manual sucks and does not represent state of things. As far as I can tell here is how the harness is wired:

Channel A: Front 4" mid and tweeter (most likely there is a passive 6db or 12db crossover inline). Don't know if left or right.

Channel B: Front 4" mid and tweeter (most likely there is a passive 6db or 12db inline crossover). Don't know if left or right.

Channel C: Rear 4" mid. Don't know if left or right.

Channel D: Rear 4" mid. Don't know if left or right.

Channel E: Center speaker

Channel F: Unused? If you look at the harness wires then you will realize that there are wires in this channel...

Channel G: Underseat 8" sub. Don't know if left or right.

Channel H: Underseat 8" sub. Don't know if left or right. ... and no wires in this channel.

The above could be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure the amp does not use a separate channel for the tweeters and instead uses it for center speaker.

Secondary question: if channels G and H are used for underseat subs, is the line out on channel G & H also working so I can power the external sub amp? Manual says OR but like I said, manual sucks.

Thanks a bunch.

Rafael
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
raf1hh
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
You can use the Balance and the Fader in the iDrive, or mute channels in the PP82DSP to determine which speaker is powered by which channel. And you can always contact BimmerTech to answer your questions as your seller. No drama required.
No drama intended. I just looked for diagrams and pinouts for the amp and have not found any and thought, with the amount of these amps in circulation, that somebody might have the info ready. In any case, thanks for the left/right indicators and I will try to reverse engineer the rest like what the hell is channel F used for.

Thanks again.

Raf

Last edited by raf1hh; 03-24-2019 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0