F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > WTB East Coast 340i xDrive
ARMA SPEED

11-20-2023, 01:10 PM   #1
ninethree7
Rep
Drives: ISO F30 340i

WTB East Coast 340i xDrive

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey folks.

In the market for a 340i xDrive.

Must haves:
xDrive AWD
East Coast (located in OH, but willing to travel)
M-Sport Package
Under 70k miles

Wants:
MPPSK
Executive Package* (would REALLY want this. I am aware I could get a 6WB cluster and have it coded, but would prefer if it already had this)
Put back to stock/not tuned (understand this is difficult, not a dealbreaker but would prefer to not be jumping into someone's setup)

My budget is flexible based on the car. Willing to take time to find the right one/spec.

Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 02:43 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Just an fyi to be sure you are aware. xDrive means no 10mm lowered 704 M Sport suspension. Period. Even if you get the adaptive suspension. In fact, the xDrive suspension is raised by 10mm over the standard suspension. Also, the vast majority of xDrives you will find will have come from the factory with a square, all season tire setup and will thus have the lower 130 mph speed limiter rather than the raised 155 mph limiter. I realize that’s mostly a moot point in the U.S., but just so you know. I drive a rwd 340i in Chicago and have a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires and I get around better than an xDrive with all seasons. Just a little fyi.

Good luck with your search!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

11-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #3
ninethree7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Just an fyi to be sure you are aware. xDrive means no 10mm lowered 704 M Sport suspension. Period. Even if you get the adaptive suspension. In fact, the xDrive suspension is raised by 10mm over the standard suspension. Also, the vast majority of xDrives you will find will have come from the factory with a square, all season tire setup and will thus have the lower 130 mph speed limiter rather than the raised 155 mph limiter. I realize that’s mostly a moot point in the U.S., but just so you know. I drive a rwd 340i in Chicago and have a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires and I get around better than an xDrive with all seasons. Just a little fyi.

Good luck with your search!
Thanks for the heads up!!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 11:17 PM   #4
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
No Executive pkg. For me personally it’s at least $3,000 more than I would pay, but the manual transmission may have enough value for you to make it worthwhile. It’s a two owner.
https://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/us...d1f96d3209.htm

The price has come down $400 - $500 in the last couple of weeks. https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series...619/?radius=25

https://bimmer.work/vin/ad1523083dfc...782d3/options/

It has the adaptive suspension. It is a square wheel/all season tire setup.

I have the Executive pkg with the 6WB cluster and to be honest I’d rather not have it. I haven’t had any problems with it in the four months I’ve had this car and the previous owner told me he never had any problems, but in the 21 months I had my previous F30 340i with the Executive pkg and the 6WB the display went black either three or four times. It’s always disconcerting, but it was especially so when it happened at night. It was always very briefly, but, obviously, it is not confidence inspiring. I fully expect one day the display on my current car will die and not recover. I’m hopeful when that happens I can replace it with the standard 6WA cluster.

In July I paid $32k for my automatic with the Executive pkg, 46k miles, and a little bit of CPO warranty left and I bought from a private party.

If you download the MyBMW app you can add the car just like you own it and then you can click on Warranty and Preventative Maintenance link and it will take you to the MyGarage and you can choose Vehicle Profile, which will let you look at “Features and Options” or “Warranty and Maintenance” and you can get a lot of details about the car.
Attached Images

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-23-2023 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 04:42 PM   #5
ninethree7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
No Executive pkg. For me personally it’s at least $3,000 more than I would pay, but the manual transmission may have enough value for you to make it worthwhile. It’s a two owner.
https://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/us...d1f96d3209.htm

The price has come down $400 - $500 in the last couple of weeks. https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series...619/?radius=25

https://bimmer.work/vin/ad1523083dfc...782d3/options/

It has the adaptive suspension. It is a square wheel/all season tire setup.

I have the Executive pkg with the 6WB cluster and to be honest I’d rather not have it. I haven’t had any problems with it in the four months I’ve had this car and the previous owner told me he never had any problems, but in the 21 months I had my previous F30 340i with the Executive pkg and the 6WB the display went black either three or four times. It’s always disconcerting, but it was especially so when it happened at night. It was always very briefly, but, obviously, it is not confidence inspiring. I fully expect one day the display on my current car will die and not recover. I’m hopeful when that happens I can replace it with the standard 6WA cluster.

In July I paid $32k for my automatic with the Executive pkg, 46k miles, and a little bit of CPO warranty left and I bought from a private party.

If you download the MyBMW app you can add the car just like you own it and then you can click on Warranty and Preventative Maintenance link and it will take you to the MyGarage and you can choose Vehicle Profile, which will let you look at “Features and Options” or “Warranty and Maintenance” and you can get a lot of details about the car.
Thanks a ton for sharing!!

I agree, a bit over what I am looking for all things considered, but good to have it as a backpocket option. Given what you paid for yours in July, looking to buy one privately may be the best option.

I haven't heard of that many issues with the 6WB, so thanks for that heads up, never even thought of that/possibility it could happen. The search continues!!

Last edited by ninethree7; 11-24-2023 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0