F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Looking at Pilot Sport 4S Tires - Any Feedack?
GetBMWParts

07-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #23
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Again, I have them. I know several others Forum members that do as well.

Available at any tire place in EU.

So much for fairy tales.

Using your logic, AntiDazzle headlights and Laser Headlights are a fairytale as well.

The difference is SC6 tires are actually DOT approved.
Not available in the US and OP is in Pennsylvania... so it's a fairy tale for the OP.

So it sounds like you, along with a "few forum members", and the US DOT were sent a few tires by Continental. Great. *golf clap*.
Nope.

Purchased them.

Only you "assume" they are not available, and pretty naive to assume anything is unavailable that is sold all over the world in this day and age.

Just because you haven't spent any effort getting them, to assume that everyone else is that lazy is just another error on this thread you have made.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Nope.

Purchased them.

Only you "assume" they are not available, and pretty naive to assume anything is unavailable that is sold all over the world in this day and age.

Just because you haven't spent any effort getting them, to assume that everyone else is that lazy is just another error on this thread you have made.
I've checked with DiscountTire and TireRack. They are not available. I've also checked Continental Tire's site and they don't have them for my sizing which is either the OEM 225/45/18 front and 255/40/18 rear or my square track setup of 255/40/18. It's pretty hard to prove a negative - that they are not available. The burden of proof is on the person who claims they are, in fact, readily available and mass produced.

Continental makes them in 5 sizes (only 19" diameter) according to their website:

http://www.continentaltire.com/produ...-24535zr19-93y

A tire only available in 5 sizes per the manufacturer! Lol. It's a fairy tale tire. Stop peddling this bullshit Continental salesman! No one cares about what's available for you in the EU.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've checked with DiscountTire and TireRack. They are not available. I've also checked Continental Tire's site and they don't have them for my sizing. It's pretty hard to prove a negative - that they are not available. The burden of proof is on the person who claims they are, in fact, readily available and mass produced.

Continental makes them in 5 sizes (only 19" diameter) according to their website:

A tire only available in 5 sizes per the manufacturer! Lol. It's a fairy tale tire. Stop peddling this bullshit Continental salesman!
Right back at ya.

So much for only 5 sizes.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #26
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Right back at ya.
No one, including the OP, cares about what is available in the EU.

Quote:
I've checked with DiscountTire and TireRack. They are not available. I've also checked Continental Tire's site and they don't have them for my sizing which is either the OEM 225/45/18 front and 255/40/18 rear or my square track setup of 255/40/18. It's pretty hard to prove a negative - that they are not available. The burden of proof is on the person who claims they are, in fact, readily available and mass produced.

A tire only available in 5 sizes per the manufacturer! Lol. It's a fairy tale tire. Stop peddling this bullshit Continental salesman! No one cares about what's available for you in the EU.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #27
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No one, including the OP, cares about what is available in the EU.
Love your flip flops. You are all over the road.

I can order the PS4S from TireRack and they arrive shipped in several days for $1150 plus TAX.

I order the Top Rated SC6 for 778€ and they show up in 4 days.

BTW, did you ever think of checking the Continental EU SITE FOR SIZING

Next you’ll tell me I had the sizes custom made. Comical.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #28
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Lol...all this for a tire...that no one will ever use to its full potention😂
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #29
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

To recap

1) First you claimed SC6 were not available anywhere and essentially only a few were made for tire tests. PROVEN WRONG

2) You then implied that Continental sent me a set. PROVEN WRONG

3) You imply they are not obtainable on USA. PROVEN WRONG

4) You have stated they are only available in a handful of sizes. PROVEN WRONG

5) You have implied I am a Continental Salesman. Laughable. I wouldn’t buy at retail if I were.

Actually, YOU seem to be the Michelin Salesman posting on forum every chance you can to bash the SC6. In fact you even called the Michelin Press Release a “review”.

Quote:
That result seems to conflict with other reviews that say the Michelin PS4S is superior.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...ss-Release.htm

And availability in the US for PS4S is much better than SC6.
You seem to be the one determined to undermine the SC6 in every post you can instead of taking the information and learning from it.

And BTW, why are you looking for FCP-EURO site if items sold in EU “don’t exist” and are “fairy tales”?

Quote:
Do you have a link on it for the FCP Euro site?
Finally, if I ordered tires from TireRack on a Friday night, when would I recieve them? By Wednesday Morning?
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #30
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
To recap

1) First you claimed SC6 were not available anywhere and essentially only a few were made for tire tests. PROVEN WRONG

2) You then implied that Continental sent me a set. PROVEN WRONG

3) You imply they are not obtainable on USA. PROVEN WRONG

4) You have stated they are only available in a handful of sizes. PROVEN WRONG

5) You have implied I am a Continental Salesman. Laughable. I wouldn’t buy at retail if I were.

Actually, YOU seem to be the Michelin Salesman posting on forum every chance you can to bash the SC6. In fact you even called the Michelin Press Release a “review”.

You seem to be the one determined to undermine the SC6 in every post you can instead of taking the information and learning from it.

And BTW, why are you looking for FCP-EURO site if items sold in EU “don’t exist” and are “fairy tales”?

Finally, if I ordered tires from TireRack on a Friday night, when would I recieve them? By Wednesday Morning?
1. Proven CORRECT per Continental's own website. (Again, the OP who is located in Pennsylvania does not live in Europe or Canada, or whatever far corner of the Earth you think matters.)

2. Who cares about your photo shopped European receipt. IRRELEVANT.

3. Proven CORRECT, see #1 (above).

4. Proven CORRECT, same as above, see #1 and attached screenshot. It's only available in 5 sizes in the United States.

5. See #2. Who cares, IRRELEVANT.

If I was a Michelin salesman, I wouldn't suggest just purchasing the 240 treadwear rating Bridgestone S007A tire which was just very recently available and doesn't yet have any survey results in TireRack. But wait, it's available in a total 16", 17", 18", 19", and 20" diameters for at least 35 different sizes on TireRack alone. Clearly, Continental is not interested in selling their fairy tale SC6 tire in the US market. Therefore, they (and your opinion of them) are IRRELEVANT.

Quote:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...ay.jsp?type=MP

PS4S is 1st and MPSS is 2nd in TireRack survey results. I've had both and I can attest to those ratings. I rarely if ever see SC6 being run at HPDEs. I've had decent success with the PS4S and PSS at HPDEs.

The problem with SC6 is that they are pretty much unavailable. There are no 18" tire offerings. So they pretty much are this mythical tire offering that the vast majority won't be able to procure.

Another thing to factor in is that they are 240 tread wear rating tires. The PS4S and the PSS are in the 300 treadwear rating so they most directly compete with the Extreme Contact Sport. Bridgestone has a new S007A in the 240 treadwear rating that I would consider because at least they are available in 18".
IK6SPEED , we get it. You're a Continental fanboi.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #31
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. Proven CORRECT per Continental's own website. (Again, the OP who is located in Pennsylvania does not live in Europe or Canada, or whatever far corner of the Earth you think matters.)

2. Who cares about your photo shopped European receipt. IRRELEVANT.

3. Proven CORRECT, see #1 (above).

4. Proven CORRECT, same as above, see #1 and attached screenshot. It's only available in 5 sizes in the United States.

5. See #2. Who cares, IRRELEVANT.

If I was a Michelin salesman, I wouldn't suggest just purchasing the 240 treadwear rating Bridgestone S007A tire which was just very recently available and doesn't yet have any survey results in TireRack. But wait, it's available in a total 16", 17", 18", 19", and 20" diameters for at least 35 different sizes on TireRack alone. Clearly, Continental is not interested in selling their fairy tale SC6 tire in the US market. Therefore, they (and your opinion of them) are IRRELEVANT.

IK6SPEED , we get it. You're a Continental fanboi.
I guess I also photoshopped this PayPal receipt?

And these 136 Sc6 on eBay are imaginary in sizes not in your pic?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...p2045573.m1684

You really are a deliousional psycho who won’t admit when he’s wrong and such a Michelin Fanboi you just cannot accept your tires are a good tire, but not #1.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #32
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I guess I also photoshopped this PayPal receipt?

And these 136 Sc6 on eBay are imaginary in sizes not in your pic?

You really are a deliousional psycho who won’t admit when he’s wrong and such a Michelin Fanboi you just cannot accept your tires are a good tire, but not #1.
You buy your tires from eBay?

Look, I could care less about Michelin - they are simply the best street summer tire that are actually available. For track tires, they are much too expensive (PSC2) which is why I would consider Bridgestone either RE71R (if you're okay with very quick wear) or potentially the S007A.

We've already established that it doesn't matter if a tire is rated #1 by some European publication, if it's not readily available in the US. It's irrelevant. Read: No one cares because the SC6 is a fairy tale tire.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #33
zinner
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

I would consider the Bridgestone S04, they are a good tire and a bit less money. I am on my 3rd set of them for the street. The wear well and are nice a quiet.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #34
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Look, I could care less about Michelin - they are simply the best street summer tire that are actually available. For track tires, they are much too expensive (PSC2) which is why I would consider Bridgestone either RE71R (if you're okay with very quick wear) or potentially the S007A.

We've already established that it doesn't matter if a tire is rated #1 by some European publication, if it's not readily available in the US. It's irrelevant. Read: No one cares because the SC6 is a fairy tale tire.
Nope

If you want to go there...

As the multiple tests show the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 just as good as the Michelin PS4S and $400 cheaper at Tiretrack, if one wants to use your “BS” criteria, Hankook would come out on top.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #35
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

I've had the OEM Bridgestone Run Flats, Hankook V12 Evo 2, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and now Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. The 4S are hands down my favorite and the best street performance tire that money can buy right now. Miles better than the OEMs and the Hankooks, and an improvement over the previous MPSS. I absolutely recommend them!
      07-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #36
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Which cherry-picked publication are you talking about this time with regard to the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2? The prevailing consensus at the track and in forums is that the Hankook tires are probably fine for commuter purposes but not even close to the Michelins from a performance perspective.

Look, we know you're butthurt about the fact that the SC6 has been made out to be a fairy tale tire that's basically not available in the US barring five 19" sizes.

Quote:
Nope

As the multiple tests show the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 just as good as the Michelin PS4S and $400 cheaper at Tiretrack, if one wants to use your “BS” criteria, Hankook would come out on top.
Say what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post
I've had the OEM Bridestone Run Flats, Hankook V12 Evo 2, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and now Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. The 4S are hands down my favorite and the best street performance tire that money can buy right now. Miles better than the OEMs and the Hankooks, and an improvement over the previous MPSS. I absolutely recommend them!
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #37
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nope

As the multiple tests show the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 just as good as the Michelin PS4S and $400 cheaper at Tiretrack, if one wants to use your "BS" criteria, Hankook would come out on top.
Say what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post
I've had the OEM Bridestone Run Flats, Hankook V12 Evo 2, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and now Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. The 4S are hands down my favorite and the best street performance tire that money can buy right now. Miles better than the OEMs and the Hankooks, and an improvement over the previous MPSS. I absolutely recommend them!
Which cherry-picked publication are you talking about this time with regard to the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2? The prevailing consensus at the track and in forums is that the Hankook tires are probably fine for commuter purposes but not even close to the Michelins from a performance perspective.

Look, we know you're butthurt about the fact that the SC6 has been made out to be a fairy tale tire that's basically not available in the US barring five 19" sizes.
Thanks for proving you are a Michelin Fan Boi

AutoBild is the most prestigious Automobile Publication in Europe and possibly the world.

But again, we've seen how you post a site that reprinted the Michelin PR Release and then you called it a reputable "test", lol.

You really are proving your lack of World Knowledge.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #38
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for proving you are a Michelin Fan Boi

AutoBild is the most prestigious Automobile Publication in Europe and possibly the world.

But again, we've seen how you post a site that reprinted the Michelin PR Release and then you called it a reputable "test", lol.

You really are proving your lack of World Knowledge.
Yes, AutoBild must be the Haaaaavard of automotive publications in *drum roll* Europe. (sarcasm).

No one cares about your European persuasion. No one. No one cares about the Continental SC6 because it's simply not readily available. That shit isn't even in English. Toss it over the wall and forget it.

SC6 = fairy tale tire from Continental.

Accept defeat.

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #39
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Tirerack usually delivers next business day in my personal experience... Heck just this past week I ordered Wednesday at lunch, and received the tires less than 24hrs later.

Quote:
I buy tires from eBay... Most of the big tire shops (simple tire, tire rack, discount tire, tire buyer, ect.) sell on eBay. Combine an eBay sale event with those vendors' pretty decent pricing, and manufacturer's rebates, and you can get tires pretty darn cheap. I've done it plenty of times.
Appreciate 2
IK6SPEED4488.00
DG20966.50
      07-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #40
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, AutoBild must be the Haaaaavard of automotive publications in *drum roll* Europe. (sarcasm).

No one cares about your European persuasion. No one. No one cares about the Continental SC6 because it's simply not readily available. That shit isn't even in English. Toss it over the wall and forget it.

SC6 = fairy tale tire from Continental.

Accept defeat.
BMW Coding isn’t in English either.

You really have your head stuck up your ass.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #41
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckz06 View Post
Hey all, I'm getting ready to replace my Bridgestone Potenzas (S001 RFTs) as they are pretty much at the wear bars. Leaning towards the non-RFT MPS 4Ss. Anyone have any experience with these?

The one thing I like about RFTs is the crisp turn-in you get due to a very stiff sidewall. So, I'm a bit concerned that I will lose some of that with the 4Ss. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated!
I have mixed feelings about my PS4S. You will lose road feel and the crispness. PS4S grips the road, is more durable, corners and communicates better but get ready for a much bouncier ride. Because of this, I am in the market for coilovers and sways.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 05:13 AM   #42
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
BMW Coding isn’t in English either.

You really have your head stuck up your ass.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #43
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

So, buy tire from Europe, get a non repairable flat and cannot find a local replacement. Is that you you are suggesting the OP do?
      07-15-2018, 06:30 AM   #44
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

Quote:
The difference is SC6 tires are actually DOT approved.
So if you get into an accident within the USA and the tires might be part of the situation.... you're SOL with insurance.... or just sue the company that mounted the tires... unless they smartly had you sign a waiver about it being illegal to use non-DOT approved tires on public roadways.

Look, i could care less about the argument going on here, yet DOT approval is a real factor that could have serious consequences. Now if this is ONLY for track use, then slicks would be a far better option in the dry to maximize grip potential.

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.
Appreciate 0