F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Door Ding On Loaner, Question
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #45
IK6SPEED
Major General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1328
Rep
7,015
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalien34 View Post
Why would a comprehensive claim increase your premium?
Donít believe me....read the NBC article I linked. And there are others.

Why would it increase your premium? Because clearly the roads/area you take are leading to more damage than standard making where you drive a higher risk.

Iíve never had an incident that would be covered by comprehensive in my life. Much less 2 in a 12 month period.

Different rates for different risks. Thatís what Insurance is all about. Itís not 1 size fits all.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 02:39 PM   #46
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
623
Rep
3,470
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW 440  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Because the loaner car is part of the service.
Do I get a discount in my service charge if I don't take a loaner?

Quote:
BMWNA is not involved with loaners.
Pretty sure the service agreement was written by BMW lawyers not the dealer.

Quote:
Thats entirely on the local level.
When you take the lender you give up your insurance card to be photocopied along with your license. Might be a big clue as to who is the responsible party. No insurance no lender.

If you make a claim against the lender's policy, the lenders insurance company could subrogate the cost by asking your auto insurance to pay for some or all of the claim.

Quote:

You can always not take a loaner if you do not want to be responsible and do not agree to their terms.

If it was your car, bet you’d feel different.
Yeah & ask for a service discount while you are at it.
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #47
IK6SPEED
Major General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1328
Rep
7,015
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Do I get a discount in my service charge if I don't take a loaner?



Pretty sure the service agreement was written by BMW lawyers not the dealer.



When you take the lender you give up your insurance card to be photocopied along with your license. Might be a big clue as to who is the responsible party. No insurance no lender.

If you make a claim against the lender's policy, the lenders insurance company could subrogate the cost by asking your auto insurance to pay for some or all of the claim.



Yeah & ask for a service discount while you are at it.
Would you be given a loaner from the Dealership while your car was in an Independent Shop? Obviously not. Using your free logic, they should. So it’s not free.

I do know 1 thing for a fact.

If you don’t try and push for it, you 100% will not get it covered by your Credit Card Company.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #48
hollandog
Major
hollandog's Avatar
United_States
425
Rep
1,033
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
I’m surprised those were covered under comprehensive - hitting the deer in particular sounds like collision. Rule of thumb I was told is that if you were in the car and it was moving, then it’s collision.
I hit a deer before with Geico. It fell under comprehensive.

Got hit & run while parked (I wasn't in the car) once and it was collision.

Last edited by hollandog; 12-11-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #49
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
623
Rep
3,470
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW 440  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Would you be given a loaner from the Dealership while your car was in an Independent Shop? Obviously not. Using your free logic, they should. So it’s not free.

I do know 1 thing for a fact.

If you don’t try and push for it, you 100% will not get it covered by your Credit Card Company.
Its a marketing expense to the dealer just like the donuts, coffee & WiFi to get you to use the dealer's shop. What was the line item price on your bill for both the lender & first oil & filter change?

Easy test has anyone on this site gotten their credit card company to eat loaner damage starting with you?

Did you give them your credit card, insurance card & drivers license when you took a loaner?
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #50
IK6SPEED
Major General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1328
Rep
7,015
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Would you be given a loaner from the Dealership while your car was in an Independent Shop? Obviously not. Using your free logic, they should. So it's not free.

I do know 1 thing for a fact.

If you don't try and push for it, you 100% will not get it covered by your Credit Card Company.
Its a marketing expense to the dealer just like the donuts, coffee & WiFi to get you to use the dealer's shop. What was the line item price on your bill for both the lender & first oil & filter change?

Easy test has anyone on this site gotten their credit card company to eat loaner damage starting with you?

Did you give them your credit card, insurance card & drivers license when you took a loaner?
I clearly take better care of cars (mine or not) than some others here....so I have not needed it. I treat loaners as if they were my own.

When given a car, yes, they require Drivers License and Insurance Card that they photocopy.

As for marketing cost, I always grab snacks in Dealership whether I spent anything at all. Again, if a loaner was just a marketing cost, they should give me one whenever I needed, whether car was in their shop or not.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #51
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
623
Rep
3,470
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW 440  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I clearly take better care of cars (mine or not) than some others here....so I have not needed it. I treat loaners as if they were my own.

When given a car, yes, they require Drivers License and Insurance Card that they photocopy.

As for marketing cost, I always grab snacks in Dealership whether I spent anything at all. Again, if a loaner was just a marketing cost, they should give me one whenever I needed, whether car was in their shop or not.
Whoa is that a major league reach. Since you like hanging around the dealership for no reason eating their snacks maybe they should let you have a car to ride around in when you get bored with the snacks.

I suppose they copy you insurance card because they get a volume discount on printer paper?

Bottom line:

You claim give them your documents including your insurance info because you are a nice guy not that they will hold your insurance policy hostage if you screw up their car.

Your advising people to take an action that you have no clue as to its validity because you have zero experience with the issue.

Wonderful.

"BMW spokesman Kenn Sparks declined to say how much the loaner program helped sales, but these vehicles ďare an important part of BMWís customer-satisfaction and marketing plan,Ē and the company does periodically give dealers incentives to put new cars in their fleets, "
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #52
IK6SPEED
Major General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1328
Rep
7,015
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I clearly take better care of cars (mine or not) than some others here....so I have not needed it. I treat loaners as if they were my own.

When given a car, yes, they require Drivers License and Insurance Card that they photocopy.

As for marketing cost, I always grab snacks in Dealership whether I spent anything at all. [COLOR="Red"]Again, if a loaner was just a marketing cost, they should give me one whenever I needed, whether car was in their shop or not[/color].
Whoa is that a major league reach. Since you like hanging around the dealership for no reason eating their snacks maybe they should let you have a car to ride around in when you get bored with the snacks.

I suppose they copy you insurance card because they get a volume discount on printer paper?

Bottom line:

You claim give them your documents including your insurance info because you are a nice guy not that they will hold your insurance policy hostage if you screw up their car.

Your advising people to take an action that you have no clue as to its validity because you have zero experience with the issue.

Wonderful.

"BMW spokesman Kenn Sparks declined to say how much the loaner program helped sales, [COLOR="Red"]but these vehicles “are an important part of BMW’s customer-satisfaction and marketing plan,” [/color]and the company does periodically give dealers incentives to put new cars in their fleets, "
I'll make a point to bring up your post for every piece of advice you post that you have not personally tried.

Then again, lemmings such as yourself with no experience in this matter being turned down sure are convinced they are right with no proof. Obviously, you are also advising people not to try and fight for it. That's a guarantee you will not be covered.

I have had experience with a number of credit card benefits, from warranties to price protection to travel insurance and luggage protection, and yes, even rental car protection, so I have had good experiences with card benefits. Not all were paid at first blush, but all were eventually covered.

So I'd try. You can roll over and take it.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #53
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
623
Rep
3,470
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW 440  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I'll make a point to bring up your post for every piece of advice you post that you have not personally tried.

Then again, lemmings such as yourself with no experience in this matter being turned down sure are convinced they are right with no proof. Obviously, you are also advising people not to try and fight for it. That's a guarantee you will not be covered.

I have had experience with a number of credit card benefits, from warranties to price protection to travel insurance and luggage protection, and yes, even rental car protection, so I have had good experiences with card benefits. Not all were paid at first blush, but all were eventually covered.

So I'd try. You can roll over and take it.
So you claim but its not a rental its a BMW marketing customer feel good freeB. You have no true knowledge of the OP's issue or anyone else with the same issue having it paid for them. Its just your opinion & you want some one else to try it out for you to see if it will work.

The OP damaged someone else car he is on the hook for it unless he can prove he did not put the dent in it.

Must really be tough being the smartest person in the room but what part of marketing plan don't you understand. Enjoy your free BMW candy bars, donuts, coffee & loaners.

"BMW spokesman Kenn Sparks declined to say how much the loaner program helped sales, but these vehicles “are an important part of BMW’s customer-satisfaction and marketing plan,” and the company does periodically give dealers incentives to put new cars in their fleets, "

BTW enjoy the search of my posts
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST