F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Squeaky M brakes on 430D GC..
GetBMWParts

12-11-2018, 04:44 AM   #45
openside
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d touring

Every other squeak and rattle on my car annoys me to the point of insanity but the squealing brakes really don't bother me! It's all about mental conditioning; to my mind they squeal because they are fast road / track brakes. They are certainly way over-specced for normal road driving.
I changed my discs and pads when I got a front brake pad warning recently; discs were worn to the limit after 60k miles and as far as I know the pads had lasted this long from new.
The brakes don't squeal anymore but I'm sure it will come back and when it does I will tell myself it's because they're race brakes and enjoy it to the point of holding them at the squeal point for as long as possible when stopping.
      12-11-2018, 05:01 AM   #46
movietub
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d M-Sport Touring, Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by openside View Post
Every other squeak and rattle on my car annoys me to the point of insanity but the squealing brakes really don't bother me! It's all about mental conditioning; to my mind they squeal because they are fast road / track brakes. They are certainly way over-specced for normal road driving.
I changed my discs and pads when I got a front brake pad warning recently; discs were worn to the limit after 60k miles and as far as I know the pads had lasted this long from new.
The brakes don't squeal anymore but I'm sure it will come back and when it does I will tell myself it's because they're race brakes and enjoy it to the point of holding them at the squeal point for as long as possible when stopping.
Just so you know.. No one else that hears them squeak as you pull up will think "Nice car, must have race brakes"

And even if we can start to convince ourselves it's a mark of a good machine, how am I to convince my wife?? She is already starting to talk of it being intolerable and the car needing to go
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #47
openside
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub View Post
Just so you know.. No one else that hears them squeak as you pull up will think "Nice car, must have race brakes"
Luckily I don't care what other people think, especially those outside of my car.