F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 1F0526 DME error. Drivetrain Malfunction
Studio RSR

01-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
defrakt619
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328i m sport stage 2

1F0526 DME error. Drivetrain Malfunction

The fully qualified error
1F0526: DME, internal error, safety function: torque comparison

The error logs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B58...1W1Cc-XyB/view

Car history
74,000 km, stage 1 tune done by some shop. Recently bought from private dealer. The car does fine on WOT for short stints, even launch control and everything works fine and goes pretty quick.

Symptoms
Driving "spiritedly" on highway/road, touch of WOT accelerating on and off a few times. While powering on the car suddenly threw the "Drivetrain Malfunction" error, went into limp mode. I pulled over, cleared the message from screen and restarted car perfectly. There was no engine rattle, no loss of power before or after. This happened to me twice in 2 weeks or so.

From what I read it could be a dodgy tune? I'll run more diagnostics and try to replicate the error again. I'm using bimmerlink to get codes.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
atpenney
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrakt619 View Post
The fully qualified error
1F0526: DME, internal error, safety function: torque comparison

The error logs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B58...1W1Cc-XyB/view

Car history
74,000 km, stage 1 tune done by some shop. Recently bought from private dealer. The car does fine on WOT for short stints, even launch control and everything works fine and goes pretty quick.

Symptoms
Driving "spiritedly" on highway/road, touch of WOT accelerating on and off a few times. While powering on the car suddenly threw the "Drivetrain Malfunction" error, went into limp mode. I pulled over, cleared the message from screen and restarted car perfectly. There was no engine rattle, no loss of power before or after. This happened to me twice in 2 weeks or so.

From what I read it could be a dodgy tune? I'll run more diagnostics and try to replicate the error again. I'm using bimmerlink to get codes.
I would say the tune is to blame. Try reflashing if possible that should clear it up. I got drivetrain malfunction codes after flashing and did an online recode to clear it
Appreciate 0