F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Question about FBO / Tuning
Studio RSR

01-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
BuefordTjustice
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 435 Gran Coupe xdrive

Question about FBO / Tuning

So i'm going to buy almost FBO (intercooler, charge pipe, tune) but have a couple questions...

Will the bootmod3 tune include trans tune? If not, is it worth it to also flash the transmission with stage2 bootmod3?

If I choose the 1 map deal with bootmod3, does that include updates to the same map? Or do 1 flash on a dated map and i'm stuck with that version?

Skipping the downpipe because I don't want the car to be any louder. Am I sacrificing significant horsepower gains by keeping this bottleneck?

Any recommendations for front mount/charge pipe as far as brands are concerned? I'm looking at XHP website if that helps (or if XHP is watching and has a bundle deal without the downpipe )

Last edited by BuefordTjustice; 01-19-2020 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuefordTjustice View Post
So i'm going to buy almost FBO (intercooler, charge pipe, tune) but have a couple questions...

Will the bootmod3 tune include trans tune? If not, is it worth it to also flash the transmission with stage2 bootmod3?

If I choose the 1 map deal with bootmod3, does that include updates to the same map? Or do 1 flash on a dated map and i'm stuck with that version?

Skipping the downpipe because I don't want the car to be any louder. Am I sacrificing significant horsepower gains by keeping this bottleneck?

Any recommendations for front mount/charge pipe as far as brands are concerned? I'm looking at XHP website if that helps (or if XHP is watching and has a bundle deal without the downpipe )
Bootmod3 tune include transmission flash. If your planning to go FBO with keep stock downpipe, I guess stage 1 ots map it is. And map updates depends with PTF... if they get enough feedback or complains and made an update available, you are free to download the updated version and flash your car.

As far as intercooler that will depends if you want to track or DD. Charge pipe people will chime in here. I don't have them cause I got N26 and bm3 stage 1.

Good luck. Have fun
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
BuefordTjustice
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 435 Gran Coupe xdrive

what's the worst that can happen with stage 2 and stock downpipe? burn my stock cats? I'm fine with that.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what's the worst that can happen with stage 2 and stock downpipe? burn my stock cats? I'm fine with that.
It's your decision... stage 1 or 2 .... once you pick the map you can't get the other without paying ...I think $50 for all maps
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
senseTech
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, E46 M3

Its all dependent how you drive it. You can most certainly go stage 2 with stock DP, but you wont get the full benefit.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 10:35 PM   #6
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yup...my friend run stage 2 on stock car.... he just remove the burble...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 08:25 AM   #7
4dirty5
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

The car won't be much louder if you go with a downpipe. You'll not gain as much power as with a downpipe but if you do decide to go FBO with downpipe, FMIC, chargepipe, go with stage 2 bm3. PM me if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Hi,
You mean us correct?

flash tune included

you get all the updates of the same map

about 20 whp

check your inbox

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0