F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Group buy - TTFS XDI-35 Series N55 High Performance Fuel Pump
GetBMWParts

12-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #45
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanio View Post
Well, it seems like Alex Choi decided to go for the TTFS/ XDI fuel pump. I guess the stock HPFP bottle neck catches everyone at some point.
More fuel...more power and a lot of rubber to waste.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...40264646204391

His opinion on the fuel pump from his Instagram:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Did he get in on the group buy? If not, why us this in this thread?
      12-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #46
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F30 335 2014 Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Well, it seems like Alex Choi decided to go for the TTFS/ XDI fuel pump. I guess the stock HPFP bottle neck catches everyone at some point.

I guess he used the discount that was meant for you and bought it...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #47
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Before you throw me under the bus ...I wanted you guys to have an independent take on the fuel pump so you know what to expect. Anyway ...have a good one.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #48
aturk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Alex Choi also was claiming 600whp+ before the fuel pump....and we all know how ridiculous that claim is.

Guessing "someone" sent him a fuel pump and asked him to talk about it. Pretty self explanatory.
      12-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #49
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

that huge wing is so ridiculous looking on a street car

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 4
Stanio67.00
IK6SPEED4486.00
Krelle90.00
      12-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #50
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
that huge wing is so ridiculous looking on a street car
Ultimate explorer...bike rack in the back.....picnic table up top

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      12-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #51
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Or was given it to hype it....as it seems not to have done much for his horsepower compared to his past claims.

Stupid move. As real unbiased posts from those of us willing to put down their own cash would have been far more valuable to the PR.
Appreciate 2
ronanz1819.50
ceedawg467.50
      12-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #52
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Or was given it to hype it....as it seems not to have done much for his horsepower compared to his past claims.

Stupid move. As real unbiased posts from those of us willing to put down their own cash would have been far more valuable to the PR.

100%

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #53
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, I was sharing what I could find online. Anyone trying to obtain higher horsepower runs into the hpfp bottleneck issue.
I hope soon we will get results from different people and tuners..but what will happen when they get to 480-500 whp on a PS2 on pump gas only ???
Protuningfreaks got their hands on it recently and they are working on a tune...I look forward the the results.
MHD will hopefully come out with something on their end as well.
The more information we have...the better for us the end consumers.
If you take it as a PR ... it's your problem not mine.

As I am shopping for a turbo I want to know all the details in regards to the product I go for. Same goes for anything else...at least that's they way I see things.
I'm pretty sure the numbers will speak for themselves.. and I would like to see 60-130 times too....if Anyone has some info... please share.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #54
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I was sharing what I could find online. Anyone trying to obtain higher horsepower runs into the hpfp bottleneck issue.
I hope soon we will get results from different people and tuners..but what will happen when they get to 480-500 whp on a PS2 on pump gas only ???
Protuningfreaks got their hands on it recently and they are working on a tune...I look forward the the results.

As I am shopping for a turbo I want to know all the details in regards to the product I go for. Same goes for anything else...at least that's they way I see things.
I'm pretty sure the numbers will speak for themselves.. and I would like to see 60-130 times too....if Anyone has some info... please share.

Ahem.....

HPFP has been a known issue for several years (this is why PI exists).

Speaking for myself, I decided not to go the PI route as I was waiting for a HPFP solution to be released (cleaner install/tuning options)...just not interested in paying a "BMW tax"

Appreciate 2
ceedawg467.50
      12-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #55
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You didn’t get it from the thread topic. You didn’t get it the 2nd time. And obviously you haven’t gotten it the 3rd time.

This thread does not give a shit about you thoughts and questions.

This thread is posters who, unlike you, have decided buy if a group buy is offered and want an easy way to sign up for TTFS to see what they can have with a group buy.

If you want to talk performance or question performance or turbo questions, take it to one of the other 3+ current threads talking about the XDI performance.
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50
      12-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #56
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You didn't get it from the thread topic. You didn't get it the 2nd time. And obviously you haven't gotten it the 3rd time.

This thread does not give a shit about you thoughts and questions.

This thread is posters who, unlike you, have decided buy if a group buy is offered and want an easy way to sign up for TTFS to see what they can have with a group buy.

If you want to talk performance or question performance or turbo questions, take it to one of the other 3+ current threads talking about the XDI performance.
As much as I like the funky sign waiving emojis.. how about you calm down.... it's not a di*k to take it so hard.
Believe me...I don't give a fuck about your opinion too but you are not speaking for everyone here.
Useful information that people could know.
Point taken and I will likely create a separate thread for the performance aspect of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #57
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As much as I like the funky sign waiving emojis.. how about you calm down.... it's not a di*k to take it so hard.
Believe me...I don't give a fuck about your opinion too but you are not speaking for everyone here.
Useful information that people could know.
Point taken and I will likely create a separate thread for the performance aspect of it.

But yes this thread was made for those wanting to get in on the group buy or questions about the group by...nothing more and nothing less!!
      12-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #58
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Given the responses and appreciates, you are wrong again.
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50
      12-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #59
Marlinman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Ahem.....

HPFP has been a known issue for several years (this is why PI exists).

Speaking for myself, I decided not to go the PI route as I was waiting for a HPFP solution to be released (cleaner install/tuning options)...just not interested in paying a "BMW tax"

same here...although I think the market will soon level out the price. If it drops below 2K I think it is more reasonable. 1500 more like it. It'd be nice if they sold the tune separately LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #60
valve float
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: b6 a4 avant 6sp, e90 M3 6sp

sales must've dropped off in addition to TT's development and pending release of their HPFP solution...but it would seem you have be sleeping with bootrod...

https://www.facebook.com/protuningfr...type=3&theater
Appreciate 2
ceedawg467.50
      01-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #61
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valve float View Post
sales must've dropped off in addition to TT's development and pending release of their HPFP solution...but it would seem you have be sleeping with bootrod...

https://www.facebook.com/protuningfr...type=3&theater
Yeah I noticed that BM3 users are getting a decent discount but i wonder if in order to get that discount you need to prove you have BM3???!!

They clearly state on that link that they will not include the tune parameters needed to use the upgraded HPFP since BM3 has it offered in the OTS/Custom maps.... so my thoughts would be that maybe i can just order the discounted HPFP and use MHD for a custom tune
      01-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #62
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that BM3 users are getting a decent discount but i wonder if in order to get that discount you need to prove you have BM3???!!

They clearly state on that link that they will not include the tune parameters needed to use the upgraded HPFP since BM3 has it offered in the OTS/Custom maps.... so my thoughts would be that maybe i can just order the discounted HPFP and use MHD for a custom tune
Have to prove BM3 ownership to qualify.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #63
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have to prove BM3 ownership to qualify.
damn that sucks

EDIT:

I dont see where they would verify it since i added it to cart and got all the way to checkout with out any kind of pop up or verification process...

anyone willing to test this out and purchase the HPFP?

Last edited by Munchi435i; 01-28-2019 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:21 PM   #64
Beyond Help
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins

Quote:
damn that sucks

EDIT:

I dont see where they would verify it since i added it to cart and got all the way to checkout with out any kind of pop up or verification process...

anyone willing to test this out and purchase the HPFP?
I don't own BM3 yet and just ordered the pump @ a discount. All it says is that you need to have BM3 to flash the correct parameters. Ill be purchasing BM3 once ps2 & xdi-35 are installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #65
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Help View Post
I don't own BM3 yet and just ordered the pump @ a discount. All it says is that you need to have BM3 to flash the correct parameters. Ill be purchasing BM3 once ps2 & xdi-35 are installed.
Yeah, i figured that you didn't need to prove you have BM3 to get the discounted price!!!

Especially since they state very clearly that they will not supply tuning parameters with the pump!!
      01-31-2019, 01:15 AM   #66
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

I'm in for a group buy if the price is reasonable and if it ever happens.

VIS Motorsport are about to release a n55 hpfp upgrade to compete against the xdi units which should help create a more competitive pricing market.

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0