F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

11-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #5391
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Trust me... you do this enough times it becomes like second nature. Case in point
Attachment 2468503

Did this and buttoned back up within a couple hours.
😀🤣

Yeah guess so.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #5392
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Well now the unit just died and went black. Was just testing, installed the official latest update on the unit via usb. All seemed good. Android auto wouldn't connect at all and work. I finally had to upgrade to the latest official carlinkit firmware on page 1, rebooted and AA connected and worked, but had the screen stretch issue. Well, before I started to decide if I need to pull the glovebox I was doing more testing, power off/on, unplugged the battery again and reconnected it, the carlinkit bot no longer boots.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

Can you clarify which files you flashed? You mentioned the "official latest update" but AA wouldn't connect then flashed to the latest official Carlinkit firmware?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:48 AM   #5393
Porteman
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20

So i’m following this thread for some time now.
I stumbled upon the andream website, who sells the mmi now for 235€ minus 25€
I also found ewaying website, who seems to have 2 different units on there website.
Anyone who knows the difference between the 2
https://www.ewaying.de/collections/b...nbt-muitimedia

And

https://www.ewaying.de/collections/b...18-f06-f12-f13
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:07 AM   #5394
johnerg
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 Xdrive35d X5 2015

Just joined the club! I was searching for an adapter for my car and it seems like I landed in the right place.

I have a 2016 328d wagon, F31 (K458601) and need some help with ordering the right adapter for my car. I read some of the previous posts and started checking some options on Aliexpress based on previous comments.

It looks like 'carsara MT Store' has some positive feedback from previous posts and they have shipping available to California, US?

But, I am confused on which adapter to order. The following link seems to be best fit but I just want to double check with you guys?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...c00iq1Qxn&mp=1

I am also not sure if I need to order a screen or should I be able to control everything with the idrive knob? Please let me know if there are anything else that I need to be aware of.
Many thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:11 AM   #5395
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteman View Post
So i’m following this thread for some time now.
I stumbled upon the andream website, who sells the mmi now for 235€ minus 25€
I also found ewaying website, who seems to have 2 different units on there website.
Anyone who knows the difference between the 2
https://www.ewaying.de/collections/b...nbt-muitimedia

And

https://www.ewaying.de/collections/b...18-f06-f12-f13
it's the same device, and by the way it's the exactly same device Andream sells. They told me "we are the same company, but not the same department".
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:18 AM   #5396
Porteman
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
it's the same device, and by the way it's the exactly same device Andream sells. They told me "we are the same company, but not the same department".
Thanks. I noticed a price difference between the 2 listed.
One was 218-20€ so 198€, but now they changed the price to 231€-20€
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 06:22 AM   #5397
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

Can you clarify which files you flashed? You mentioned the "official latest update" but AA wouldn't connect then flashed to the latest official Carlinkit firmware?
Was trying to flash the various updates, and wanted to get on the latest Custom that is supposed to work like Bimmertech's version.

It was already on the 2nd to latest official Carlinkit software, which obviously sucks still since AA wouldn't even connect wired and the screen stretch issues still isn't fixed. I would plug the phone it, it would start charging and AA would launch on the phone...but the Carlinkit would just sit at the "Connect your Device" screen. Updated to the latest below, and magically it started to work normally...except the stretched screen crap with AA.

v9.2.8.yl.b (PIN: 4091) (Not cross compatible)
-NEW v9.2.9.yl.b (PIN: 4091) (Not cross compatible) This one I flashed and all worked except stretch screen issue.

I was going to then flash the Custom firmware that is supposed to fix that which is cross compatible, but didn't make it that far.

Software is fine and they all updated and worked as advertised with the apparently known issues. I will never know if the Custom software resolved anything. But still think it doesn't route audio properly, people's replies are not specific and mixed often on the thread.

I just forget the exact sequences that happened after that, I believe I had gone and taken the battery terminal off again since mostly things were working and was planning on how to hide/where to put the unit, which involved likely taking the glovebox out and unplugging and cabling everything again.

It was after that at some point when I put the battery back on and had things connected the thing just stopped clicking and the screen never came on. Like it just electronically kind of died or bricked itself.

Another thing to watch out for...don't flash any MCUs on this Carlinkit unit. Several people I read several pages back noted when they flashed the MCU and it bricked and blacked out the screen making it useless. Whether that was the MCU or it just died like mine..who knows.

I just think these units are flaky, cheaply made..whether Bimmertech's is the same unit or not isn't relevant. I believe Bimmertech is at least testing these and likely burning them in on the bench after putting their custom software on the units. They write their own firmware and provide technical support and that is why they are 2x more expensive. And all the features work without any guy you rely on the forums to make a custom build to pray it resolves your issues on the other units.

Another reason to buy from Amazon, they will take it back no matter what. Buying off Aliexpress is a nightmare, don't ever buy anything directly from China.

I have 15yrs experience dealing with them and direct sales with resellers/manufacturers...it is a complete nightmare trying to ship/return and get refunds often with them. Communications always are terrible, the time change, Chinese New Years and holidays where they shut down for weeks at at time when the rest of the World is stilling chugging along and you are sitting wondering what is going on. Not worth it...trust me.

I'm just going with the Bimmertech unit....everything works as it is supposed to including BT and proper audio routing, plus they give you support.

And another rant, think about how you are saving a few hundreds bucks, but the counter point to this is, you are dealing with some reseller and foreign business which has messed up software from the start. You are then relying on some Bimmerpost forum guy who could just quit/leave and sell his BMW at anytime and never provide anymore custom updates that are posted here to try and fix all the problems these other units have compared to Bimmertech. The extra price is worth it...Bimmertech likely isn't going anywhere...forum users/contributors and these other companies come and go and you will be left hanging...just my rant, some may disagree.

Good luck....sorry for the long post. Could have been good and saved money, but think the unit just bricked itself for whatever reason across battery terminal connects/disconnects for some reason. Lastly, just read back through the posts quickly going back to January, the same old problems with the Carlinkit/Andream haven't been resolved or they said "we are working on it", and it took them 8 months to fix a simple screen stretch issue or only somebody's custom firmware has resolved issues more recently. And they still have problems. Just saying.

I have no affiliation with Bimmertech, their price is crazy and their warranty and return policy, especially if you transfer/sell to somebody else is pathetic....but I think they know people are flashing them with custom firmware, they watch the forums, they aren't dumb...so they provide only a 14-day return if it is new and never installed. It is a 1yr warranty, or you can purchase a longer one for more $$$. And....they won't provide support/warranty if somebody sold you a used one. So they are worthless except to the original buyer.

Last edited by techlogik; 11-25-2020 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
rcaso26331.00
      11-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #5398
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Was trying to flash the various updates, and wanted to get on the latest Custom that is supposed to work like Bimmertech's version.

It was already on the 2nd to latest official Carlinkit software, which obviously sucks still since AA wouldn't even connect wired and the screen stretch issues still isn't fixed. I would plug the phone it, it would start charging and AA would launch on the phone...but the Carlinkit would just sit at the "Connect your Device" screen. Updated to the latest below, and magically it started to work normally...except the stretched screen crap with AA.

v9.2.8.yl.b (PIN: 4091) (Not cross compatible)
-NEW v9.2.9.yl.b (PIN: 4091) (Not cross compatible) This one I flashed and all worked except stretch screen issue.

I was going to then flash the Custom firmware that is supposed to fix that which is cross compatible, but didn't make it that far.

Software is fine and they all updated and worked as advertised with the apparently known issues. I will never know if the Custom software resolved anything. But still think it doesn't route audio properly, people's replies are not specific and mixed often on the thread.

I just forget the exact sequences that happened after that, I believe I had gone and taken the battery terminal off again since mostly things were working and was planning on how to hide/where to put the unit, which involved likely taking the glovebox out and unplugging and cabling everything again.

It was after that at some point when I put the battery back on and had things connected the thing just stopped clicking and the screen never came on. Like it just electronically kind of died or bricked itself.

Another thing to watch out for...don't flash any MCUs on this Carlinkit unit. Several people I read several pages back noted when they flashed the MCU and it bricked and blacked out the screen making it useless. Whether that was the MCU or it just died like mine..who knows.

I just think these units are flaky, cheaply made..whether Bimmertech's is the same unit or not isn't relevant. I believe Bimmertech is at least testing these and likely burning them in on the bench after putting their custom software on the units. They write their own firmware and provide technical support and that is why they are 2x more expensive. And all the features work without any guy you rely on the forums to make a custom build to pray it resolves your issues on the other units.

Another reason to buy from Amazon, they will take it back no matter what. Buying off Aliexpress is a nightmare, don't ever buy anything directly from China.

I have 15yrs experience dealing with them and direct sales with resellers/manufacturers...it is a complete nightmare trying to ship/return and get refunds often with them. Communications always are terrible, the time change, Chinese New Years and holidays where they shut down for weeks at at time when the rest of the World is stilling chugging along and you are sitting wondering what is going on. Not worth it...trust me.

I'm just going with the Bimmertech unit....everything works as it is supposed to including BT and proper audio routing, plus they give you support.

And another rant, think about how you are saving a few hundreds bucks, but the counter point to this is, you are dealing with some reseller and foreign business which has messed up software from the start. You are then relying on some Bimmerpost forum guy who could just quit/leave and sell his BMW at anytime and never provide anymore custom updates that are posted here to try and fix all the problems these other units have compared to Bimmertech. The extra price is worth it...Bimmertech likely isn't going anywhere...forum users/contributors and these other companies come and go and you will be left hanging...just my rant, some may disagree.

Good luck....sorry for the long post. Could have been good and saved money, but think the unit just bricked itself for whatever reason across battery terminal connects/disconnects for some reason. Lastly, just read back through the posts quickly going back to January, the same old problems with the Carlinkit/Andream haven't been resolved or they said "we are working on it", and it took them 8 months to fix a simple screen stretch issue or only somebody's custom firmware has resolved issues more recently. And they still have problems. Just saying.

I have no affiliation with Bimmertech, their price is crazy and their warranty and return policy, especially if you transfer/sell to somebody else is pathetic....but I think they know people are flashing them with custom firmware, they watch the forums, they aren't dumb...so they provide only a 14-day return if it is new and never installed. It is a 1yr warranty, or you can purchase a longer one for more $$$. And....they won't provide support/warranty if somebody sold you a used one. So they are worthless except to the original buyer.
I thought that maybe you flashed the wrong mcu which may have caused a softbrick after a reboot. But it sounds like possibly the power surge after reconnecting the battery may have hard bricked the unit.

Anyway, I agree these units all use cheap components, including the Bimmertech units, and the software is sloppy. Buying from China is also risky. I was seriously considering selling my Carlinkit and paying the premium and buying from Bimmertech. Then fortunately the custom v2 firmware was available and that solved all of my problems.

Also for anyone considering buying a Carlinkit unit, I bought mine from this eBay seller. He is in AZ and keeps stock in the U.S. I received my unit in two days: https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-Wi...sAAOSwQgxfJGIs
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #5399
zeus_1903
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.20d f30

hi everyone, there is such option in carlinkit settings, does anyone know what this is for?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #5400
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

OK, so I paid someone to install my Andream MMI unit. I bought this thing back in March and it sat in my office all summer.

I have to sit and read all the pages unless these are common issues. You can roast me but although I am tech savvy outside of cars, this field is GREEK and I am not.

Couple items I am experiencing right out of the gate:
-No sound or announcements from WAZE, have not tried to plug in a destination yet. Just normal around town map usage is not announcing accidents or red light cameras etc
-I can select music options (Spotify, iheart, etc) and its playing my last played radio station through the speakers but the display is whatever I selected on the MMI
-I havent figured out how to get to the menu with screen mirroring without just breaking the Wi-fi connection

I am using iphone 11, selecting the bluetooth connection for Carplay, and disconnecting bluetooth to the car itself. Also have wi-fi for the Carplay connected.

I printed out the install manual for bathroom reading but if anyone has simple methods for me...cool, then I can use it on my commute home.

Last edited by Tommy-G; 11-25-2020 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #5401
Marlowe
Rep
Drives: 2017 M140 (F20)

Quote:
Yes hard reset. Check back one page page by r_muniz
Probably the same instructions as on page 1 tbh
If it helps you can perform a full module reset by holding right on idrive for 30 seconds (the carlinkit customer services taught me this - it may be a left rather than a right on older units).

Mine appears dead for video so it looks like I can get a refund - but will have to pay £28 to ship back. The perils of purchasing from China.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 09:04 PM   #5402
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
OK, so I paid someone to install my Andream MMI unit. I bought this thing back in March and it sat in my office all summer.

I have to sit and read all the pages unless these are common issues. You can roast me but although I am tech savvy outside of cars, this field is GREEK and I am not.

Couple items I am experiencing right out of the gate:
-No sound or announcements from WAZE, have not tried to plug in a destination yet. Just normal around town map usage is not announcing accidents or red light cameras etc
-I can select music options (Spotify, iheart, etc) and its playing my last played radio station through the speakers but the display is whatever I selected on the MMI
-I havent figured out how to get to the menu with screen mirroring without just breaking the Wi-fi connection

I am using iphone 11, selecting the bluetooth connection for Carplay, and disconnecting bluetooth to the car itself. Also have wi-fi for the Carplay connected.

I printed out the install manual for bathroom reading but if anyone has simple methods for me...cool, then I can use it on my commute home.
#1 and #2 sound like the same issue. I believe your car might not be set to AUX hence no announcements from Waze, and your radio station is the one from the car not your phone so MMI is displaying something else.

Go into your BMW audio settings and make sure you are playing from AUX, not the radio and let me know how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:25 AM   #5403
jayq85
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Steering Controls

Hi guys! I just installed the Andream unit for CIC but have some issues with steering controls.

(1) The call button and voice command button activates both iDrive and Android Auto functions at the same time (e.g. pressing the call button brings up the AA call interface but also the call function on the instrument cluster comes up. Same for voice button bringing up both Google Assistant and iDrive Voice Command).

(2) My steering scroll button also does not work, whether to scroll or select AA options. The only thing it does is bring up a message on the instrument cluster, along the lines of steering controls not working in AUX mode.

Tried updating the software, MCU and using the custom software, but issue remains. Grateful for any advice!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:33 AM   #5404
t0d
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Quote:
Yes hard reset. Check back one page page by r_muniz
Probably the same instructions as on page 1 tbh
If it helps you can perform a full module reset by holding right on idrive for 30 seconds (the carlinkit customer services taught me this - it may be a left rather than a right on older units).

Mine appears dead for video so it looks like I can get a refund - but will have to pay £28 to ship back. The perils of purchasing from China.

Thanks
Try DPD. I had the same thing and it cost me £15.50 to return to the seller. I then paid $29 to get a replacement. Annoying but hey ho.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #5405
mabastro
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (f30/n20)

Don't expect miracles going with BT. Their prime is the exact same hardware just their branding and mostly the same firmware available here. Yes, you will may get a better customer experience, but as stated some people are expecting good results and really shouldn't need the "better customer service". So ultimately, the money you spend is your choice. For many, it's fun exploring and tinkering to learn what works best to save some money.

I got my Carlinkit from the same AZ seller (and live also in AZ) so I got my unit immediately also. I didn't like AA on the firmware it came with and flashed the latest v2 custom. It worked like a charm ,and really woke up AA on my car.

None of that took a long time. I was careful and followed the directions to ensure I installed the correct version of the software the right way.

I've also had several whats-app exchanges with Carlinkit support and they have been responsive and helpful answering my questions (they prefer little videos to be sent) - and actually they sent me their latest MCU and firmware, but I haven't used. I chose the custom version because it's based off the popular BT one and aside from some minor annoyances it worked great. I suspect I would have had almost the same experience if I had spent 3x more.

I did switch from AA to Carplay. My phone had an upgrade available, and I really just thought Carplay was more refined and matured than AA. It solved my only real issue with SirusXM working and playlists not fully loading and doesn't seem to need as much configuration change. It's easier for me to navigate and looks nice. Doesn't always open automatically or auto play music - but I think there are reasons for it (like shifting into reverse while it loads, and the fact that I use my phone for music outside the car and probably confuse the unit upon re-entry. But at worst it's a button press to hit play, or a long press of menu and I'm up and running.

I really just bought it because I wanted a backup camera. This was cheaper than BT by a long shot. And it does exactly what I want. The music interface is a bonus!

But I do understand that everyone's experience can be different. Too bad it's not it's not just plug and play. But keep in mind, it is aftermarket and retrofit. I didn't spend $75k on a brand new model year BMW, so I was just thrilled to get some modern abilities and mostly wanted to add backup camera, which also works perfectly on my Carlinkit.

Quote:
Also for anyone considering buying a Carlinkit unit, I bought mine from this eBay seller. He is in AZ and keeps stock in the U.S. I received my unit in two days: https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-Wi...sAAOSwQgxfJGIs
Appreciate 1
liam7752.50
      11-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #5406
IvanK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

My Carlinkit NBT unit is on it's way, shipped yesterday from China and arrived one day later in Germany. Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Some previous posts got me a bit worried though. First thing is the battery. I was planning on disconnecting it while installing the MMI unit, but now I have a concern while reading what happened to @techlogik. I asked some people who already installed the MMI if they disconnected the battery before installing and they all said that they didn't.

My question is how risky could it be not disconnecting the battery? Maybe I'll avoid bricking the MMI but could I cause more serious problems to the HU?

Another worrisome issue I have is flashing. Should I upgrade the MCU? what tells me that I should do it? or is it more safe and only necessary to upgrade the software? and if it's only the software that I should upgrade can I immediately install the custom firmware (I need AA and this is the reason why I bought Carlinkit) even if the device came with a much older software version? or should I install first the latest official firmware and then the custom one?

Many questions and doubts, but I would like to clear them before I attempt to install the device and probably screw something up.

Any help/advice with the battery and flashing process would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #5407
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
My Carlinkit NBT unit is on it's way, shipped yesterday from China and arrived one day later in Germany. Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Some previous posts got me a bit worried though. First thing is the battery. I was planning on disconnecting it while installing the MMI unit, but now I have a concern while reading what happened to @techlogik. I asked some people who already installed the MMI if they disconnected the battery before installing and they all said that they didn't.

My question is how risky could it be not disconnecting the battery? Maybe I'll avoid bricking the MMI but could I cause more serious problems to the HU?

Another worrisome issue I have is flashing. Should I upgrade the MCU? what tells me that I should do it? or is it more safe and only necessary to upgrade the software? and if it's only the software that I should upgrade can I immediately install the custom firmware (I need AA and this is the reason why I bought Carlinkit) even if the device came with a much older software version? or should I install first the latest official firmware and then the custom one?

Many questions and doubts, but I would like to clear them before I attempt to install the device and probably screw something up.

Any help/advice with the battery and flashing process would be greatly appreciated!
It's always advisable to disconnect the battery whenever working on the car electronics. We don't know for certain what happened with the other users unit but I still advise to disconnect the battery.

And yes, you can just flash the custom v2 system firmware.

Your unit will likely have a current mcu. You can post the mcu version here to confirm once you receive and install the unit. But there usually is no need to flash an mcu unless there are bugs to resolve.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #5408
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Small win...I was able to get the BMW exit button icon in AA:
Attached Images

Last edited by muniz_ri; 11-29-2020 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      11-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #5409
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabastro View Post
Don't expect miracles going with BT. Their prime is the exact same hardware just their branding and mostly the same firmware available here. Yes, you will may get a better customer experience, but as stated some people are expecting good results and really shouldn't need the "better customer service". So ultimately, the money you spend is your choice. For many, it's fun exploring and tinkering to learn what works best to save some money.

I got my Carlinkit from the same AZ seller (and live also in AZ) so I got my unit immediately also. I didn't like AA on the firmware it came with and flashed the latest v2 custom. It worked like a charm ,and really woke up AA on my car.

None of that took a long time. I was careful and followed the directions to ensure I installed the correct version of the software the right way.

I've also had several whats-app exchanges with Carlinkit support and they have been responsive and helpful answering my questions (they prefer little videos to be sent) - and actually they sent me their latest MCU and firmware, but I haven't used. I chose the custom version because it's based off the popular BT one and aside from some minor annoyances it worked great. I suspect I would have had almost the same experience if I had spent 3x more.

I did switch from AA to Carplay. My phone had an upgrade available, and I really just thought Carplay was more refined and matured than AA. It solved my only real issue with SirusXM working and playlists not fully loading and doesn't seem to need as much configuration change. It's easier for me to navigate and looks nice. Doesn't always open automatically or auto play music - but I think there are reasons for it (like shifting into reverse while it loads, and the fact that I use my phone for music outside the car and probably confuse the unit upon re-entry. But at worst it's a button press to hit play, or a long press of menu and I'm up and running.

I really just bought it because I wanted a backup camera. This was cheaper than BT by a long shot. And it does exactly what I want. The music interface is a bonus!

But I do understand that everyone's experience can be different. Too bad it's not it's not just plug and play. But keep in mind, it is aftermarket and retrofit. I didn't spend $75k on a brand new model year BMW, so I was just thrilled to get some modern abilities and mostly wanted to add backup camera, which also works perfectly on my Carlinkit.
Nicely stated 👍
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #5410
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flausatu View Post
Wow! Nice. How did u get that.
Guys, seeing the new update for bimmertech units, will there be any new update for custom firmware for ANDREAM A units??
I messaged Firefly1337 and he mentioned he may have some time over the holidays to work on it.

The new firmware adds a separate volume control for the navigation prompts and it also fixes the auto-aux toggle. Both of these things are relatively minor but helpful nonetheless.

As for adding the BMW icon to the exit button...I had been trying to do that for a long time and finally figured out that the AA phone app contains all of the car OEM icons built in. What's needed is to modify the AA .xml config files in the mmi firmware and simply add "BMW" to the car make and model fields. Hopefully FireFly can include the icon in the next custom firmware.
Appreciate 2
liam7752.50
Frrr6.00
      11-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #5411
Lolo_14
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flausatu View Post
Wow! Nice. How did u get that.
Guys, seeing the new update for bimmertech units, will there be any new update for custom firmware for ANDREAM A units??
I messaged Firefly1337 and he mentioned he may have some time over the holidays to work on it.

The new firmware adds a separate volume control for the navigation prompts and it also fixes the auto-aux toggle. Both of these things are relatively minor but helpful nonetheless.

As for adding the BMW icon to the exit button...I had been trying to do that for a long time and finally figured out that the AA phone app contains all of the car OEM icons built in. What's needed is to modify the AA .xml config files in the mmi firmware and simply add "BMW" to the car make and model fields. Hopefully FireFly can include the icon in the next custom firmware.
Great ! Looking forward to test the new custom firmware
With this two fixes we will get a perfect box.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #5412
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

No please for the people with the new Carlinkit...I want to know if an MCU or software update bricks it. Maybe I had bad luck. Great if it works....

Bad luck for me I guess and another win for Bimmertech. I know I won't be relying on some random internet person to write some custom firmware to fix all the other Andream and Carlinkit problems. Do what you want...just passing on my experience with my Carlinkit and recommend the $330 on the Amazon seller so if it fails you have 30 days to ship it back no cost via Amazon and try something else.

My time is more valuable than saving 250 bucks in my world. To each there own. I love Technology and tinkering etc...but this just needs to work and serve a simple function....see how the MMI Prime install and unit works when I get it.

Last edited by techlogik; 11-26-2020 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
rcaso26331.00