F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Muffler Delete vs Resonator Delete anyone in SoCal?
GetBMWParts

06-23-2020, 05:09 PM   #23
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecph View Post
Hmm and what's the cost to do resonator delete there and hows the after service ?
oops sorry just saw this - Steve is a great guy to work with - whether you are having resonators deleted or added back (for whatever reason) / many many people here have gone there for / work is spot on and price is reasonable (sorry forgot how much) / I have recommended him to family, friends and strangers from the board here

Hope this helps
Lol no worries. What's it called? And you remember how long it took for resonator delete?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #24
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm and what's the cost to do resonator delete there and hows the after service ?
oops sorry just saw this - Steve is a great guy to work with - whether you are having resonators deleted or added back (for whatever reason) / many many people here have gone there for / work is spot on and price is reasonable (sorry forgot how much) / I have recommended him to family, friends and strangers from the board here

Hope this helps
Lol no worries. What's it called? And you remember how long it took for resonator delete?
B.R.O. muffler in Huntington Beach / maybe 30 mins
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #25
DarkF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff80m3 View Post
Quote:
Oh what!
so it is from the first resonator to the second resonator.
That's exactly what the shop showed but quoted me 4-500$
They better be welding in titanium at that price
Lmao tell me about it. That's why I'm trying to find if there are shop recommendations in SD
I got my resonator deleted at Jesses Muffler in lemon grove cost less than 100 solid work no issues a year later
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #26
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps
B.R.O. muffler in Huntington Beach / maybe 30 mins
Sounds good. It's close to where Imma stay. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:07 PM   #27
watermannc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i xdrive

I have a 330i with my secondary cat and resonator taken off. It isnt loud but when you do rev it, it definitely sounds deeper and a bit more aggressive. Just the resonator by itself makes barely any difference, i would recommend taking off both secondary cat and resonator. As for the muffler, I would rather buy a proper axle back exhaust instead of getting rid of your muffler. Fyi, the place i got mine done was at 3cPerformance by Luis for 125. Very clean welds
Appreciate 0