F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > 2016 F10 530D M Sport Plus
GetBMWParts

03-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #23
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Well after all of my research I bottled it and decided that the F10 30D was just too good to sell, it suits pretty much all of my requirements both business and personal and has more than enough power and refinement. It's also been mine from new so has no secrets and I own it.

I still want an M5 and until September it wouldn't be a problem. However if I get a permanent job and take a car allowance then the pence per mile I would claim on fuel from whoever could be as low as 12p a mile.

This would mean that for every mile I drive on business it would cost me, about £2.50 a gallon which I know would really grate on me, especially covering 18,000 miles a year, I appreciate that I could claim back the tax element up to 45p but it's still a faf.

So it came down to keep mine that averages 43mpg and delivers everything I need, £340 insurance and £150 tax or sell it and spend an additional £23K to but a low mileage fully specced M5 which would be amazing but costly once I put 18'000 miles a year on it.

Tax, insurance, fuel etc etc was just too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #24
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

I have to say Jon, I think you're making the right decision. You've made a few (very tasteful) mods to the 530d, got it looking even better than when new - and with additional performance as well.
It's got a great spec, and I seem to recall you got it for a very keen price.

To me, it'd be a keeper for another couple of years at least.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #25
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Well after all of my research I bottled it and decided that the F10 30D was just too good to sell, it suits pretty much all of my requirements both business and personal and has more than enough power and refinement. It's also been mine from new so has no secrets and I own it.

I still want an M5 and until September it wouldn't be a problem. However if I get a permanent job and take a car allowance then the pence per mile I would claim on fuel from whoever could be as low as 12p a mile.

This would mean that for every mile I drive on business it would cost me, about £2.50 a gallon which I know would really grate on me, especially covering 18,000 miles a year, I appreciate that I could claim back the tax element up to 45p but it's still a faf.

So it came down to keep mine that averages 43mpg and delivers everything I need, £340 insurance and £150 tax or sell it and spend an additional £23K to but a low mileage fully specced M5 which would be amazing but costly once I put 18'000 miles a year on it.

Tax, insurance, fuel etc etc was just too much.
IMO, thats a good decision. That car looks immaculate and you may as well get the benefits of the hard work that you have put into it. Also, you could park it almost anywhere and there would be a good chance that when you return to it, the car hasn't been pinched/scratched/keyed by some jealous tow-rag.

An M5 is a different proposition altogether.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #26
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
I have to say Jon, I think you're making the right decision. You've made a few (very tasteful) mods to the 530d, got it looking even better than when new - and with additional performance as well.
It's got a great spec, and I seem to recall you got it for a very keen price.

To me, it'd be a keeper for another couple of years at least.
Thanks mate, appreciated.

I will try and keep it for a few more years as it will probably be a tidy then as it is now.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #27
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff123 View Post
IMO, thats a good decision. That car looks immaculate and you may as well get the benefits of the hard work that you have put into it. Also, you could park it almost anywhere and there would be a good chance that when you return to it, the car hasn't been pinched/scratched/keyed by some jealous tow-rag.

An M5 is a different proposition altogether.
That was another one of the reasons, my car is pretty plain as far as cars go but anything with an M badge is a real target.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #28
jrfouche
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d

Love it
Appreciate 0