F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *** bootmod3 *** New Feature Release - Map Configuration options for ALL maps
proTUNING Freaks

11-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

*** bootmod3 *** New Feature Release - Map Configuration options for ALL maps

Hey guys, we've pushed out a new release Friday enabling end users to configure map configuration settings not just for OTS maps but all maps including stock as well as custom maps

This has been requested in the past for people that would like to create for example a Stock Tune with just CEL, VMAX and burble overrides and run with that during winter months for example. In some cases people wanted to try customizing burble themselves using the config screen on their own maps as well as custom tunes they've worked on in the past which is now a possibility as well.

Original map settings are always kept in tact as well so you can go back to them if needed.

Version 0.10.039 of the system is already up on the Web at www.bootmod3.net. iOS and Android app updates are on the way out and should be available very soon as well.

In the attached screenshots we're showing a sample stock map with the config button and options on it.

Have a great rest of your Sunday, all the best
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
rjd_F301997.00
Diegov209163.50
Solidjake945.00
      11-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys, we've pushed out a new release Friday enabling end users to configure map configuration settings not just for OTS maps but all maps including stock as well as custom maps

This has been requested in the past for people that would like to create for example a Stock Tune with just CEL, VMAX and burble overrides and run with that during winter months for example. In some cases people wanted to try customizing burble themselves using the config screen on their own maps as well as custom tunes they've worked on in the past which is now a possibility as well.

Original map settings are always kept in tact as well so you can go back to them if needed.

Version 0.10.039 of the system is already up on the Web at www.bootmod3.net. iOS and Android app updates are on the way out and should be available very soon as well.

In the attached screenshots we're showing a sample stock map with the config button and options on it.

Used it on my custom map it works

Previous:F30 328i 2012 PWG: FBO Vrsf 6 stepped fmic, Afe intake, Catless DP ER, FTP CP's, FTP turbo inlet, GFB DV+, Gplus oil cooler, BM3 stg 2 tune, Cary Jordan E50 tuned stock fuel system.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Quote:

You guys Rock...Thanks for always improving our experience!
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301997.00
      11-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Hi all!

I have a question, I am currently working with a Stage 1 N20 engine, in a BMW 428i GC (F36), I have a little doubt.

My idea is not to move to a Stage 2, since I will not install neither downpipe nor high flow catalyst, but I love the Pops And Bangs, in the following picture, which is my current configuration.

My fear is this: What aggressiveness do you advise me not to damage my catalyst oem? Is it very high now?

What would you advise me to be the right one? both in time, as in aggressiveness, thank you very much!

A greeting!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #5
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit3d88 View Post
Hi all!

I have a question, I am currently working with a Stage 1 N20 engine, in a BMW 428i GC (F36), I have a little doubt.

My idea is not to move to a Stage 2, since I will not install neither downpipe nor high flow catalyst, but I love the Pops And Bangs, in the following picture, which is my current configuration.

My fear is this: What aggressiveness do you advise me not to damage my catalyst oem? Is it very high now?

What would you advise me to be the right one? both in time, as in aggressiveness, thank you very much!

A greeting!
I would keep the aggression low (much lower than you have it at now) and the duration low as well. It won't instantly hurt the cat, but prolonged burble exposure will damage the cat over time. I'm not sure exactly what settings start damaging the cat, but if I had to give you an estimate, I would say keep both aggression and duration under 2.
      11-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #6
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
I would keep the aggression low (much lower than you have it at now) and the duration low as well. It won't instantly hurt the cat, but prolonged burble exposure will damage the cat over time. I'm not sure exactly what settings start damaging the cat, but if I had to give you an estimate, I would say keep both aggression and duration under 2.
Thank you very much for answering!

That's why I want to try to get an optimal configuration trying not to damage the catalyst.

The pops and bangs OEM are very lights for my taste, I recognize that the current ones are quite strong and forceful.

I currently have Turbo-Back remus and M Performance sports exhaust modified internally to increase its sound.

I know I have to re-flash again and I want to leave it already good so I do not keep flashing continuously.

I hope someone will guide me a little along this path to know how to leave it well.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
M2Rush
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i x-drive

Quote:
:
Great update! However, I have a very annoying issue I hope you can fix in a future update. Whenever we go to adjust the settings in map config, it does not show the actual values, it wont show you until you touch the little circle adjusters. Every single time you touch one of those circle adjusters, it would change your settings and jump to a different value immediately, I tested with an iPhone, iPad and computer(a lot easier to work with but still happens). Is it possible to make the values appear with first press instead of being immediately adjustable or the second(or hold/long touch) touch to unlock the adjuster? Maybe I'm the only one with this fat finger issue but I hope this is important enough to look into, I really look forward to a fix.
Keep up the great work!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #8
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much for answering!

That's why I want to try to get an optimal configuration trying not to damage the catalyst.

The pops and bangs OEM are very lights for my taste, I recognize that the current ones are quite strong and forceful.

I currently have Turbo-Back remus and M Performance sports exhaust modified internally to increase its sound.

I know I have to re-flash again and I want to leave it already good so I do not keep flashing continuously.

I hope someone will guide me a little along this path to know how to leave it well.
All sounds good! I don't know that anyone will be able to tell you exactly what will be ok for that cat and what won't, but use your own good judgement as to what's too aggressive and what isn't. If you're getting gunshots, you've gone too far

Good luck
      11-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #9
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
All sounds good! I don't know that anyone will be able to tell you exactly what will be ok for that cat and what won't, but use your own good judgement as to what's too aggressive and what isn't. If you're getting gunshots, you've gone too far

Good luck
Jajjajaja, something tells me that you have to lower a bit the aggression ajajaja.

It does not always make shots type AK47, only in strong reductions where the engine exceeds 4,600 rpm, if you drive normally and release the pedal at about 3,400 rpm, there are loud detonations without getting the shots.

Attached a video of shots with the programming of STOCK and Burbles in Stock

In stopped with the Sport or Sport + mode if you always do it but it is because of the configuration of the turbo that opens the electric westgate and ... better to get rid of behind is not going to mess someone jejej.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #10
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jajjajaja, something tells me that you have to lower a bit the aggression ajajaja.

It does not always make shots type AK47, only in strong reductions where the engine exceeds 4,600 rpm, if you drive normally and release the pedal at about 3,400 rpm, there are loud detonations without getting the shots.

Attached a video of shots with the programming of STOCK and Burbles in Stock

In stopped with the Sport or Sport + mode if you always do it but it is because of the configuration of the turbo that opens the electric westgate and ... better to get rid of behind is not going to mess someone jejej.
Yah, that seems a bit aggressive for the stock cat, but sounds good
      11-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #11
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yah, that seems a bit aggressive for the stock cat, but sounds good
Here I spend 2 last videos that I made of him.

In this all modes I say, here was not made the flashing of BM3 is completely stock.

And in this other is in aggressiveness 4, 0.2s - Comfort, 1.3s - Sport

What do you think ?, if of Stock you hear shots jajajaja, that's why I'm a mess. ashamed0002:

Last edited by spirit3d88; 11-16-2018 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #12
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here I spend 2 last videos that I made of him.

In this all modes I say, here was not made the flashing of BM3 is completely stock.

And in this other is in aggressiveness 4, 0.2s - Comfort, 1.3s - Sport

What do you think ?, if of Stock you hear shots jajajaja, that's why I'm a mess. ashamed0002:
Damn sport mode really makes a difference in your car... Having the MPE with the flap coded open, my car sounds the same in all modes, except the burbles are more aggressive in sport. But yah I would tone those burbles down for the stock cat for sure.
      11-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #13
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Damn sport mode really makes a difference in your car... Having the MPE with the flap coded open, my car sounds the same in all modes, except the burbles are more aggressive in sport. But yah I would tone those burbles down for the stock cat for sure.
jaajaj, is your engine an N20? If so, upgrade your engine to the latest version of the original bmw software, the same thing happened to me.

By having the latest version, he started doing this.
Well, I'll lower the aggressiveness then because otherwise ... jajaj I see myself without a catalyst
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301997.00