F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Show us your amp installation
proTUNING Freaks

08-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #23
Rxpert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robario12 View Post
Hopefully not a thread jack... does technic still make harnesses? Does anyone make custom sub enclosures? I need a 12" enclosure for a F36. Thanks!!

I'll post pics when I get these setup and installed
Re: Custom Sub Enclosures

Look on eBay or Facebook for Murray from "Visual-Ice".

Apparently he can custom make enclosures for whatever subwoofer you want, just give him the make/model and he'll spec it for the woofer.

I'm currently waiting to receive my enclosure. Ordered about a week ago from Murray he has been great over email so far. Very communicative, prompt replies, professional service. Only thing is that I don't have the actual product yet so take this referral with a grain of salt.

However if you search these forums for Visual Ice there are a few members who vouch for Murray and his work. I'll keep you posted once I receive mine.

If it works out, it will be great though. Pics look like MusicarNW quality for 1/3 the price!!! AND custom for specific subwoofers!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 03:16 AM   #24
Robario12
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 430i GC/E92 M3/E46 M3

looking forward to you getting the enclosure and hearing your thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #25
RoundRound
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 330e M Sport

Hello people,
I'm new to the F30 (DEC 2017 330e) and can't wait to get proper sound in the car. My previous car (an Ancient Jaguar S-type had a Morel hybrid 602 set ran by a Sinfoni amp...).

Two questions:

1. I have the lame HU_ENTRYNAV - how do I even connect an amp to it? I understand it has no RCA's in the back.. some wiring harness? If so which one? Also the output is speaker level while I want to get low level signal into the amp. I hate that I can't just install a proper double-din unit...

I'd rather not retofit the bigger screen for warranty reasons.

2. The car is a Sedan (duh), if I put a sub in the boot (say a 10" morel ultimo SC in a sealed enclosure) would it be heard in the front? What are the under-seat subs? Do I have it with the base (not HK) sound system? What drivers can I use to replace them?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Last edited by RoundRound; 09-03-2018 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 06:09 AM   #26
Youngjnr
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 + BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundRound View Post
Hello people,
I'm new to the F30 (DEC 2017 330e) and can't wait to get proper sound in the car. My previous car (an Ancient Jaguar S-type had a Morel hybrid 602 set ran by a Sinfoni amp...).

Two questions:

1. I have the lame HU_ENTRYNAV - how do I even connect an amp to it? I understand it has no RCA's in the back.. some wiring harness? If so which one? Also the output is speaker level while I want to get low level signal into the amp. I hate that I can't just install a proper double-din unit...

I'd rather not retofit the bigger screen for warranty reasons.

2. The car is a Sedan (duh), if I put a sub in the boot (say a 10" morel ultimo SC in a sealed enclosure) would it be heard in the front? What are the under-seat subs? Do I have it with the base (not HK) sound system? What drivers can I use to replace them?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
you are have the same system as me I made my own harness and power all the speakers from each channel of my amps you will need to code your head unit to hifi or buy a dsp to de eq I have a thread of the process
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #27
ClevelandBeemer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2013 335i  [0.00]
2015 BMW S1000R  [0.00]
Here's my build from two years ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #28
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundRound View Post
I have the lame HU_ENTRYNAV - how do I even connect an amp to it? I understand it has no RCA's in the back.. some wiring harness? If so which one? Also the output is speaker level while I want to get low level signal into the amp.
You can buy the harness mentioned here:-
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=21

I then added a 5m ISO extension to run the high level feeds to an amp in the boot, but you could add a pair of Hi to Low converters in/behind the glovebox and run RCA's to the amp from there.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/In-Phase-...8AAOSwlxRaZwXl
      10-14-2020, 11:21 PM   #29
Smonkbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5 m57

Garage List
2013 BMW x5 35d  [0.00]
Old thread bump
How is everyone getting power and ground into the underfloor storage?
I've found rubber plugs in the battery area and the storage bin area, ran a wire in the battery side and it didn't come out the hole in the storage bin side 🤷🏽*♂️
I saw in a this thread "I drilled a large hole", a large hole in what? Through the bin side into where the battery is?!?!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #30
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
Behind the trim panel above the battery is a connector block that runs off the positive side of the battery. I used a large eyelet crimp on a lead to feed down the inside of the trim panel and along to where my amp was. You should be able to just run it under the trim.