F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Door lock confusion
proTUNING Freaks

02-05-2024, 04:52 PM   #1
bradvincent
Rep
Drives: 430i Convertible

Door lock confusion

430i 2020 convertible, owned almost 1 year.

If I have the fob in my pocket and touch the handle it *usually* locks or unlocks. But not always, sometimes I need to push the button on the FOB, and I haven't been about to figure out why. Does something in the car turn this feature on or off? Does anyone know how this works?

The other day, I got out of the car, touched the handle and it locked the door and I heard 2 beeps. This never happened before, so I knew something was wrong, and quickly realized the engine was idling. Either I didn't hit the button on the dash to turn it off or I hit the button and it didn't turn off. I touched the handle to unlock it, but it stayed locked and beeped twice again. I did this a few more times, and thankfully had the FOB in my pocket, unlocked the car, turned off the engine and relocked it. If I left my FOB in the car (wouldn't be the first time) I'd be locked out and walking home to get a spare FOB with the car idling until it ran out of gas.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 07:45 PM   #2
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

The car won't let you lock your fob in the car. I've almost done the same when I accidentally left my fob in the car but thankfully it won't lock.
Appreciate 0