F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Spotify App Disappeared
proTUNING Freaks

02-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
MyFirst340
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i Xdrive M-Sport

Spotify App Disappeared

I could have sworn there was a Spotify app when you hit the media button. I noticed its not there when i started my car today. Spotift stoll works if i play my phone thru bluetooth but i could have sworn Idrive had a spotift icon/app in the media selection
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:29 AM   #2
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirst340 View Post
I could have sworn there was a Spotify app when you hit the media button. I noticed its not there when i started my car today. Spotift stoll works if i play my phone thru bluetooth but i could have sworn Idrive had a spotift icon/app in the media selection
If you plug in your phone it will appear under the external devices.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
uga6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328i xDrive

Do you have the ConnectedDrive App installed on you iPhone? Also, you need to start the Spotify App on you phone once your phone is connected to USB.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
MrMarvin
electrified
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330e -17

On the 2017s you don't need to connect the phone to USB for it to work, sometimes my car does the same. When it does i just relaunch the app on my phone and it works, i think the app has to be running in the background for the icon to show.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
Bigbrobalo
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 330i M sport Shadow Editio

Spotify disappears from idrive multimedia menu iOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirst340 View Post
This was pissing me off! I’ve just sat in the car for an hour having a play around. I think I’ve cracked it.

The app has to stay open on your phone. If you switch to another app or just exit the Spotify app on your phone, Spotify disappears from the multimedia menu too.

Open it back up on your phone, it reappears on the idrive multimedia menu

Bit of a pain, but at lest I now know how it works/doesn’t work.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 02:12 AM   #6
bhenault
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 435 x drive msport

Garage List
2006 Bmw 325XI  [0.00]
I've noticed the Spotify app is very finicky. Sometimes if I skip songs the song and track name will freeze, (still can skip songs, the artwork and track name won't change) the volume is quieter then the regular USB iPod connection, it stops playing when I open the bmw app, and funnily enough, only shows half the Spotify logo
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #7
saa2323
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

I have had similar issues with Spotify either not showing up and working consistently. Here are a few things that i have found to keep it consistently working or just to get it working
  1. After you start the car be patient and dont click around or touch anything. I have found it takes a few minutes for the software to process the connections.
  2. In iDrive in the manage your devices, ensure for your phone you have both the Bluetooth and the Application icons active. If the either of these is not acive click on them to active them. The most important of these is the Application icon. If this doesnt activate move to recommendation 3
  3. If after a few minutes the icon doesnt apprear - "hard close" - not running in the background but completely terminated -- both the BMW and Spotify applications on your phone. Relaunch the BMW Connected application. Once the application is launched -- where you can see your vechile information -- Lanuch spotify.
Appreciate 0