F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANFLASH Handheld for the BMW B58M0 Engine
Studio RSR

11-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: DINANFLASH Handheld for the BMW B58M0 Engine

Name:  4431_1.jpg
Views: 2253
Size:  213.8 KB

DINANFLASH Handheld for the BMW B58M0 Engine

Part Number: 4431

Applications:
  • 2017-2021 F22/F23 M240i (& xDrive)
  • 2016-2018 F30 340i (& xDrive)
  • 2017-2019 F34 340i xDrive GT
  • 2017-2020 F32/F33/F36 440i (& xDrive)
  • 2017-2019 G30 540i (& xDrive)
  • 2018-2019 G32 640i xDrive GT
  • 2017-2019 G11/G12 740i (& xDrive)
  • 2018-2019 G01 X3 M40i
  • 2018-2019 G02 X4 M40i

Product Page(s) / Pricing:
https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...lds/parts/4431

Release Date: Available Now!

Description: Flash tuning meets convenience and versatility with a feature rich handheld device. That’s right – the most significant and important performance enhancement available for your turbo charged car is now deliverable from the comfort of your drivers’ seat. With multiple octane calibrations dependent on your specific needs, desires or limitations nestled in the palm of your hand you can switch to the appropriate map with the click of a few buttons and a short flash.

The main component of the DINANFLASH Handheld is the Dinan performance engine software loaded onto the device which is your ticket to maximum power. Not just any power however - safe, reliable power that does not sacrifice the long-term health of the engine. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.

While the tune itself is the most noteworthy aspect of the DINANFLASH Handheld it is also much more than just an improved delivery mechanism for the masses. It is loaded with additional features that assist in monitoring, logging and troubleshooting as well. These features allow increased visibility on the inner workings of the engine/vehicle and help to ensure that the car is functioning at peak performance at all times.

Features/Benefits:
  • ECU flashing at home courtesy of a palm perfect handheld device equipped with a high definition 2.8" color screen and an easily navigable graphic interface that plugs into the OBD2 port.
  • More Power: Max gains between 50-98 WHP / 67-120 lb-ft of torque depending on octane. Consult the performance charts for specific/detailed data.
  • Multiple octane calibrations (91, 93 and 100) that can be flashed in moments directly from the handheld.
  • Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
  • Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
  • Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
  • Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
  • Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds additional safety precautions such as the stationary rev limiter being set to 5000 RPM.
  • Vehicle monitoring and logging capabilities. Up to 8 PID's monitored at a time with up to 4 displayed on screen.
  • Read and clear diagnostic codes.
  • Transferrable to unlimited like platforms for maximum vehicle versatility (only one can be paired at a time).
  • Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS Elite (V1 or V2) at a discounted rate via trade-in program.
  • Free software updates for life via the Update Agent software.
  • DINANFLASH Handhelds carry a 1 year limited warranty.

Name:  4431_2.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  228.6 KB
Name:  4431_3.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  264.4 KB
Name:  4431_4.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  249.6 KB
Name:  4431_6.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  226.0 KB
Name:  4431_5.jpg
Views: 2143
Size:  228.0 KB
Name:  4431_7.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  232.2 KB
Appreciate 1
kern4174445.00
      11-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #3
alexander7599
Alexander Hartunian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i

Garage List
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
Is this compatible with vehicles that have been updated to the latest i-level firmware, which locks the current DME build from flash tuning?
      11-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #4
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander7599 View Post
Is this compatible with vehicles that have been updated to the latest i-level firmware, which locks the current DME build from flash tuning?
Yes. Any B58(MO) equipped vehicle can be unlocked using the supplied poweir harness and following the prompts as directed with the device. Process is outlined in the installation manual if you are curious but we should be also posting a installation video to the product page a bit later this afternoon as well.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 03:51 PM   #5
BigRedG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 6MT

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
My 340i has the MPPSK kit installed, is it possible to flash back to the original MPPSK settings?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Fahrer View Post
My 340i has the MPPSK kit installed, is it possible to flash back to the original MPPSK settings?
As long as the MPPSK tune is present when conducting the flash, yes. The device reads whatever the the present version of tuning is on the vehicle so it can revert to that state as "stock" when requested.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #7
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Pretty slick that it can also unlock the dme if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 12:04 AM   #8
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Is it safe to assume if my car is already flashed with bm3, that my dme is unlocked?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:18 AM   #9
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareemaa View Post
Is it safe to assume if my car is already flashed with bm3, that my dme is unlocked?
Yes. A locked dme means you can’t flash anything until it’s unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:26 AM   #10
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

So, for the guages, I'm assuming you can pick what you want displayed and keep it up while driving? Can you keep the tuner plugged in and get the gauges every time you drive it, or do you need to re-set the gauges each time?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareemaa View Post
Yes. Although if you wanted to switch to the DINANFLASH Handheld you would need to flash the vehicle to stock (and potentially lock it again) before installing the Dinan flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickski06 View Post
So, for the guages, I'm assuming you can pick what you want displayed and keep it up while driving? Can you keep the tuner plugged in and get the gauges every time you drive it, or do you need to re-set the gauges each time?
Yes, you can can pick up to 4 PID's to be displayed on the screen and they would display as you are driving when the device is connected. You would have to re-select those PID's anytime the device loses power though as they are not saved to memory. The functionality of the gauges/logging was designed to be more tertiary with the intended use of troubleshooting more then anything else and as such constantly fluctuating. Perhaps if there is enough demand/justification to make a change to the coding that would allow a save state that could be implemented down the road. I wouldn't think that would require any great effort but seemingly lesser stuff has surprised me before.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #12
squaredphoto
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Can this device unlock the full potential of future upgrades like intake and downpipe like a BM3 or MHD tune can?

Can the burble settings be changed preferably to turn them down?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaredphoto View Post
Can this device unlock the full potential of future upgrades like intake and downpipe like a BM3 or MHD tune can?

Can the burble settings be changed preferably to turn them down?
Does not allow you to custom tune. You have a few calibration options to choose from (based around octane) as your mapping options. Nothing from Dinan will EVER accomodate a DP fully-- clearing/surpressing the resulting CEL is illegal (tampering with an emissions control device). Will the tune work with a DP? Sure. But it would not be optimized for it nor correct for the resulting CEL.

Currently there is not a burble option but there *could* be at a future date within the coding option menu. We opted to not include it just because we wouldnt allow going over factory settings for emissions reasons and the thought was the vast majority of folks will want to increase, not decrease, them which would cause some confusion/irritation.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Will something similar be released for EWG N55s?
      11-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Will something similar be released for EWG N55s?
It's possible. Remains to be seen how far back we are going with the handhelds. The B58 platform just seemed the most logical place to start.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #16
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

So I got my tuner in today. Hooked it up and says it needs update. Downloaded the app, hooked it up and it says it has my vehicle info and needs configured and is get an email when it's ready.

Is this normal? How long will it take before I can program my car?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I got my tuner in today. Hooked it up and says it needs update. Downloaded the app, hooked it up and it says it has my vehicle info and needs configured and is get an email when it's ready.

Is this normal? How long will it take before I can program my car?
Contact the support folks at 1-800-341-5480 to make sure the request gets expedited but it sounds like you may have a box code we have not seen before so a file needs to be made and loaded into the system. Wouldn't say its common but 1 of every 25 or so bench flashes until recently we still had to make files for. The more we do the less likely it is they will come up as more variants are added to the database. Typically, a new file will be made and uploaded to the server for download within 24-48 hours.

The process is outlined a bit within the FAQ on the product page HERE.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #18
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
It's possible. Remains to be seen how far back we are going with the handhelds. The B58 platform just seemed the most logical place to start.
Agreed. Dinan should consider the large number of N55s on the road including M2s. Many owners of these cars aren't exactly comfortable with flashing via something like MHD and BM3. Cobb has been doing handheld tuners forever and they're extremely popular and they support a ton of older cars.

I would think it would be an extremely easy transition to the N55 given you already have tunes for them and DMEs are even easier to tap into. You've already got the device.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 07:25 AM   #19
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Agreed. Dinan should consider the large number of N55s on the road including M2s. Many owners of these cars aren't exactly comfortable with flashing via something like MHD and BM3. Cobb has been doing handheld tuners forever and they're extremely popular and they support a ton of older cars.

I would think it would be an extremely easy transition to the N55 given you already have tunes for them and DMEs are even easier to tap into. You've already got the device.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity
Will get no disagreement from me. If it were up to me we would have the handheld for everything we offer a flash for but its also not something that can be done with a snap of the fingers either. There is a fair amount more to it then just loading a map onto the device after all (2 quite different ECU's to talk to for one).

It's also a balancing act of managing resources (people and time) to do something like this where the market is already pretty well represented (given, not exactly with a handheld like this) along with the new development where the ceiling can be more robust. Usually, the longer something is in the rear view mirror the harder it is to go back to but its not unsurmountable. With the N55 I would think the chances are quite good since the newer ECU's which we would ultimately WANT to go to next are still locked out. Might as well expand out to applications we could in the meantine and ones that have the most upside. The MEVD17 N55 and the MG1 MINI are the logical ones in my estimation.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:25 AM   #20
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Contact the support folks at 1-800-341-5480 to make sure the request gets expedited but it sounds like you may have a box code we have not seen before so a file needs to be made and loaded into the system. Wouldn't say its common but 1 of every 25 or so bench flashes until recently we still had to make files for. The more we do the less likely it is they will come up as more variants are added to the database. Typically, a new file will be made and uploaded to the server for download within 24-48 hours.

The process is outlined a bit within the FAQ on the product page HERE.
We’re not off to a good start with this new tuner for me. Still no contact from Dinan with a configuration for my car. I talked to someone on the phone yesterday and they took my name and number and said they’d look into it and call me back. Still nothing. Day 5 now of having the tuner with no ability to flash my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #21
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We’re not off to a good start with this new tuner for me. Still no contact from Dinan with a configuration for my car. I talked to someone on the phone yesterday and they took my name and number and said they’d look into it and call me back. Still nothing. Day 5 now of having the tuner with no ability to flash my car.
I was just going to post asking you for an update.

Talk about a disappointment for you so far

Dinan get this guy his tune!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #22
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
I was just going to post asking you for an update.

Talk about a disappointment for you so far

Dinan get this guy his tune!
I’d really just like some sort of communication from them. I’ve called twice, submitted a ticket online and posted on here with nothing other than the previous post from 5 days ago telling me 24-48 hours. I was promised a phone call that never happened, no emails, nothing. I spend $700 after tax and can’t even get a response as to when I might be able to actually use the product. If it's going to take however long because of whatever reason, fine, but just let me know something
Appreciate 0