F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Any suggestions on the best way to track a new car order through the processes.?
GetBMWParts

11-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #67
alibonyad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D xDrive ordered

I got it as part of the deal that if my car didn't arrive this year they would provide me a courtesy car but I'll probably just leave it. Not worth it for the sake of a week or two.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #68
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

I think the obsession has started

When looking into details of shipping companies you know things are getting to the point of no return! Move along now to avoid the ramblings of a desperate man

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it looks like Cuxhaven-Southampton for the southern based dealerships or Cuxhaven-Immingham for the northern dealerships. BMW Shipping from Cuxhaven

Looking at potential ships that may carry my car and a quick Google search of the shipping companies. From what I can tell, the Arabian Breeze sailing from Cuxhaven on 29/11 is a possibility if they get the car built and on the way early week 48, otherwise I reckon the Asian Breeze sailing the 6/12 from Cuxhaven.

Only potentially another 5 weeks to go
      11-17-2013, 03:15 AM   #69
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d F30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post

When looking into details of shipping companies you know things are getting to the point of no return! Move along now to avoid the ramblings of a desperate man

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it looks like Cuxhaven-Southampton for the southern based dealerships or Cuxhaven-Immingham for the northern dealerships. BMW Shipping from Cuxhaven

Looking at potential ships that may carry my car and a quick Google search of the shipping companies. From what I can tell, the Arabian Breeze sailing from Cuxhaven on 29/11 is a possibility if they get the car built and on the way early week 48, otherwise I reckon the Asian Breeze sailing the 6/12 from Cuxhaven.

Only potentially another 5 weeks to go
Keep the faith man! It'll be there in front of you soon, in all its Moonstone glory.

Well I'm production complete, but my dealer responded to my e-mail saying it's not "final". Anyway I reckon my now i'm in the middle of that 9 day period between build and port. So maybe getting on a boat middle/end next week.

I think I need to stand back and wait... exert some self control and just wait for the call.
      11-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #70
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTT View Post
Keep the faith man! It'll be there in front of you soon, in all its Moonstone glory.

Well I'm production complete, but my dealer responded to my e-mail saying it's not "final". Anyway I reckon my now i'm in the middle of that 9 day period between build and port. So maybe getting on a boat middle/end next week.

I think I need to stand back and wait... exert some self control and just wait for the call.
I know, I know but the inevitable has happened and I just want my car now!

Looking at the shipping times, yours could be on a boat either today or Friday this week then. Give it over next weekend then to get off the boat, on the lorry and delivered to the dealership, a few days to prep and really it could be sitting at the dealership ready for handover in just over a week to 10 days time.

Self control is hard, I almost buckled and went back to the Tanzanite Blue/Cashmere Beige spec I had originally ordered but managed to hold off. I'm at least locked in now so all I can do is change the add ons. I ordered the 20" wheels to go on at delivery this last week so I think I really have got a long 5 weeks ahead of me
      11-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #71
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman
Any update on your production date yet DaveA? I still haven't had an update on mine yet.
No.. But to be fair I have been away and have not checked... Wi do so later this week, but I'm not anticipating much movement. I reckon I'll get the car in January.
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #72
LDQ
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 4.0D msport

Quote:

You're not the only one! I still have a couple of weeks to wait, car should just be built now.

Worse than waiting for Christmas!

Lee
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #73
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDQ View Post
You're not the only one! I still have a couple of weeks to wait, car should just be built now.

Worse than waiting for Christmas!

Lee
I think it's becoming an unhealthy obsession! Sounds like you're nearing the end of your nightmare

I don't know who's more excited about Christmas this year; me or my 3 year old!
      11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #74
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh great, so not only do I have to wait until w/c 2nd Dec for the Blue Bullet (yeah I know), but my fellow queuers? have to go and make me feel proper old...my granddaughter is 5 ffs!

Actually what is the collective noun for people waiting for their delivery?
      11-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #75
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTT
Quote:
Oh great, so not only do I have to wait until w/c 2nd Dec for the Blue Bullet (yeah I know), but my fellow queuers? have to go and make me feel proper old...my granddaughter is 5 ffs!
The Blue Bullet, sounds like you'll be off fighting crime and putting right what is wrong! No references here to the Moonstone Monster which is probably a good thing

Sorry about the age reference. We have a 3 year old, 18 month old and a 2 month old so it's me that should be feeling old. No sleep does that to you

Mind you, w/c 2nd December is pretty close now so a really early Christmas for you

A collective noun for queuers must be desperadoes!!
      11-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #76
zooberoo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C HS

Quote:
Oh great, so not only do I have to wait until w/c 2nd Dec for the Blue Bullet (yeah I know)...
I think the shipments from Bremerhaven are weekly so your car should be at Bremerhaven now shouldn't it?
      11-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #77
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooberoo
Quote:
Oh great, so not only do I have to wait until w/c 2nd Dec for the Blue Bullet (yeah I know)...
I think the shipments from Bremerhaven are weekly so your car should be at Bremerhaven now shouldn't it?
Is it definitely Bremerhaven they are shipped from? From the sketchy info I'd managed to find I thought the UK cars came through Cuxhaven? Admittedly it's all irrelevant anyway as it doesn't get the car here any quicker, but I am at the stage where any information that helps pass the time before delivery is welcome
      11-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #78
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Any update on your production date yet DaveA? I still haven't had an update on mine yet.
Just had this update - projected delivery is still week 2, 2014.

So not sure what that means for build date etc..

I'll try and get the chassis number and then see what tracking can be done...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
Finnie
Might be selling the 335d touring
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Disco 4, F31 335d msport+

I was told my car is build week 50 with delivery week 2. I'm offshore until the 20th of january so I hope it's ready for when I get off.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #80
alibonyad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D xDrive ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Just had this update - projected delivery is still week 2, 2014.

So not sure what that means for build date etc..

I'll try and get the chassis number and then see what tracking can be done...
My delivery date is still week 1, 2014. Still no VIN or anything! Just want some kind of feedback from my order but so far nothing. This is the worst part about the whole process, being left in the dark while you wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #81
Cootie
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d Xdrive with ACS Springs

Just had a call to say 1st week of January delivery is now last week of January
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #82
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooberoo View Post
Oh Zoobs... I fear not. Dealer is saying delivery week 50. Still at the factory apparently. Production on the VIN decoder is 11/11.

I'm ok. Just leave me alone. No I'm not crying. I have something in my eye. No, I'm fine, really.....
      11-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, I've got my VIN number and as of yesterday it's showing as status 5055: Confirmed by Prod. Control

Still showing as delivery in week 51 with a req delivery date on the system of 18/12/2013 so fingers crossed it all stays that way. They've had enough time to get everything organised so let's see how good German efficiency really is

Maybe only 4 weeks to go
      11-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #84
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

I think the extra weight of the xDrive cars is slowing the ships.
      11-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #85
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I think the extra weight of the xDrive cars is slowing the ships.
That must be it, they can only have so many on board and an even number at that so they can spread the weight. Any more and it'll be a very wet crossing
      11-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #86
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
That must be it, they can only have so many on board and an even number at that so they can spread the weight. Any more and it'll be a very wet crossing
Yes. A very, very wet Titanic crossing!
      11-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #87
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well, I've got my VIN number and as of yesterday it's showing as status 5055: Confirmed by Prod. Control

Still showing as delivery in week 51 with a req delivery date on the system of 18/12/2013 so fingers crossed it all stays that way. They've had enough time to get everything organised so let's see how good German efficiency really is

Maybe only 4 weeks to go
Good news mate. My money's on you being in it before Santa comes Which website is giving you the status "5055" ? The VIN decoder one (which is in German anyway) doesn't show that does it?
      11-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #88
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D M-Sport Auto

My dealer is still quoting week 52 for delivery but says there are no guarantees. Since I ordered it a few days after Dave, I suspect Santa won't have this on his sleigh for me this year
Appreciate 0