F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Carbon Fiber Aero Parts
ARMA SPEED

01-14-2023, 08:58 PM   #1
BassMasta808
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

Carbon Fiber Aero Parts

What are some reputable companies that make high quality carbon aero parts for the F30?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 01:13 AM   #2
Cadeez
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i M-Sport

RW Carbon or Mod Bargains. I've bought from both and have been very happy

Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VRSF Charge Pipe . NGK 94201 Plugs . H&R Sport Springs . OEM 437M
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2023, 06:30 PM   #3
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

Any suggestions on Amazon?? I have the M Sport bumper on my 435i F32. I recently bought an aftermarket carbon fiber M Sport front spoiler on Amazon, but realized it was plastic with carbon fiber "style." In other words, plastic with imitation carbon fiber. I'm returning it due to false advertising.

I'm having the hardest time finding this style lip in 100% carbon fiber on Amazon. There's multiple companies on there that sell 100% real carbon fiber rear spoilers, rear diffusers, side skirts, and mirror caps....but the front spoiler is a PIA to find.

Even on ECS Tuning, they have a similar plastic lip with carbon fiber imitation. Other than that, it's the real OEM version.

More importantly, I got gift cards from my company on Amazon. And wifey got me 2x rear spoilers to try. So, the one I returned, she's gifting me the money for it. Hence, why I'm trying not get it on Amazon. []

Appreciate your input!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 06:36 PM   #4
Cadeez
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arexander View Post
Any suggestions on Amazon?? I have the M Sport bumper on my 435i F32. I recently bought an aftermarket carbon fiber M Sport front spoiler on Amazon, but realized it was plastic with carbon fiber "style." In other words, plastic with imitation carbon fiber. I'm returning it due to false advertising.

I'm having the hardest time finding this style lip in 100% carbon fiber on Amazon. There's multiple companies on there that sell 100% real carbon fiber rear spoilers, rear diffusers, side skirts, and mirror caps....but the front spoiler is a PIA to find.

Even on ECS Tuning, they have a similar plastic lip with carbon fiber imitation. Other than that, it's the real OEM version.

More importantly, I got gift cards from my company on Amazon. And wifey got me 2x rear spoilers to try. So, the one I returned, she's gifting me the money for it. Hence, why I'm trying not get it on Amazon. []

Appreciate your input!
Like this?
https://**********s.com/carbon-fiber...m-sport-style/

Here are some other options
https://www.********.com/front-lip-spoilers.html

I have the plastic M-Sport lip with faux carbon overlay like you're talking about and I love it. You can't really tell it's not real carbon, but the best part is when you smash it you can replace it for under $200...I'm on my 3rd one and I'm damn careful. So be forewarned

Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VRSF Charge Pipe . NGK 94201 Plugs . H&R Sport Springs . OEM 437M
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #5
Dagstar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport

This turned out to be a novel, but some good info. Carbon fiber parts can be a crapshoot. A lot of the US based companies buy from the same factories Chinese ebay sellers get theirs from and jack up the price, though generally you'll receive it a lot sooner if they're stocked state-side, and they're probably easier to deal with if you have an issue. You can also sometimes find the same exact parts on Amazon.
My experiences:
- Rear diffuser from Amazon. Looks great and fits well, did take a little work to get the fitment right.
- Varis style front lip from European Society Motorsports. I returned the first one because it looked like they reached the end of the carbon fiber cloth roll and didn't bother to trim it so there were these frayed pieces everywhere in the finish, completely unacceptable. Zero quality control with that one. The replacement was better but not perfect. Fitment is pretty good, it really depends on your effort though. It's beat up now so I'm replacing it in the spring time with a different style.
- M style mirror caps from Amazon. The first set I bought for ~$50 I could immediately tell were hydrodipped or something other than a clearcoated real carbon fiber layer over plastic. Fake CF patterns really stand out to me so I returned it. The next set I bought looked and fit great. These plus smoked sequential LED turn signals are a great combo.
- Side skirts extensions from Ikon Motorsports. Bought off ebay but sold by Ikon Motorsports, who I remembered from my Camaro days. These fit and look great, no complaints. I actually have an extra set if anyone's interested.
- Front grilles. Almost forgot about this one. Might have been from Amazon, not 100% sure, but fitment is great. The finish is pretty good, there's a bit of a distortion in the CF in the same spot of each but that might be unavoidable considering the kidney shape. Not really noticeable unless examining them though.

Last edited by Dagstar; 02-21-2023 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 11:32 AM   #6
FellowM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
Like this?
https://**********s.com/carbon-fiber...m-sport-style/

Here are some other options
https://www.********.com/front-lip-spoilers.html

I have the plastic M-Sport lip with faux carbon overlay like you're talking about and I love it. You can't really tell it's not real carbon, but the best part is when you smash it you can replace it for under $200...I'm on my 3rd one and I'm damn careful. So be forewarned
Link doesnt work.

What site was this from?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 11:49 PM   #7
Chriswhips
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 340i

Most of the "reputable" brands buy from overseas and sell it as more because of their brand name. I would just recommend to buy from ebay because most
carbon parts are from the same place. I've bought carbon front lip, rear diffuser, mirror caps, and rear trunk lip from reputable brands but I don't see why it should cost that much more than the ones on ebay/amazon.
All other brands that sell carbon fiber parts claim in their description that it won't fit 100% flush because its carbon fiber ( doesn't flex ) and it's an aftermarket part causing it to not fit flush or perfect compared to oem.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 11:09 AM   #8
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswhips View Post
Most of the "reputable" brands buy from overseas and sell it as more because of their brand name. I would just recommend to buy from ebay because most
carbon parts are from the same place. I've bought carbon front lip, rear diffuser, mirror caps, and rear trunk lip from reputable brands but I don't see why it should cost that much more than the ones on ebay/amazon.
All other brands that sell carbon fiber parts claim in their description that it won't fit 100% flush because its carbon fiber ( doesn't flex ) and it's an aftermarket part causing it to not fit flush or perfect compared to oem.
With reputable company you usually pay for no issues with fit-up. The CF manufactured components do not comply well when are forced into shape during install compared to PP or similar materials that are less resistant. I had my share of good fit-up and not so good fit-up of CF components, believe me -it is a pain to make them conform to car panels without distorting those panels.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 07:48 PM   #9
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswhips View Post
I love these internet fairy tales that people continue to believe in.

Most of the LOWER quality non-reputable brands buy from the same place.

Most reputable brands make their own.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 09:14 AM   #10
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
I love these internet fairy tales that people continue to believe in.

Most of the LOWER quality non-reputable brands buy from the same place.

Most reputable brands make their own.
100%

Unfortunately, for some cases like F34, most of the reputable companies are not interested investing to produce good/high quality and fit-up products for a niche/small fleet car platform.

However, for example, I know that 3D Design, aside from main stream F3x/F8x products, do manufacture the F34 components. 3D Design's quality and fit-up are highly praised by people who did purchase parts from them (at premium prices).
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0