F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
GetBMWParts

01-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #1035
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Just pulled up to a base model 3. Figured he might try to launch on me so I put it in sport plus and S mode. Light changed and he did in fact launch as did I. We pretty much launched at the same time but then I pulled a head within the first couple feet. He was never in front of me. That felt awesome. Of course things would be different if he had a performance.
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00
      01-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #1036
JNMNL52
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ix 2018 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascus View Post
the bmw tech who installed my system was 100% certain the ASD is programmed OFF when the tune is loaded. he told me he was able to confirm that on his tool.

a few things on the dash - tablet display did change when the tune was loaded...the 'sport' display (HP/torque) now goes to 400/400 and i believe the comfort/sport display looks different. maybe because i have the 2VF adaptive M suspension?

vibration/rattle concerns are identified in post #5: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1424716

Sport mode (open valve - "straight pipes") = cabin drone at cruising speed. don't select sport when you're cruising on the highway at 2,000 RPMs. save it for those spirited bursts of madness.

Comfort mode = sweet sounds of performance tuned BMW in-line 6
Just sent you a PM
      02-13-2020, 07:15 AM   #1037
JohnyC1337
Rep
Drives: bmw 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3n0mal4 View Post
Willing to install the MPPSK on my 440xi this summer, but i've just read it's toned down a bit in terms of sound. Such a shame, because that was the main thing i wanted it for.
Is it possible to get the MPPSK and have a "older" software version installed? Like before the modifications for EU laws or w/e ?
Yesterday I visited bmw dealer in Czech Republic and asked about this. And this whole thing is truth. They really did something with MPPSK last years so its not so loud it used to be.

I´d like to ask if here is someone who got MPPSK installed during last 6 months and what´s his opinion. Is it still so much better than regular exhaust or is it now after decreasing the loudness just waste of money?

Thx for any information/opinion
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #1038
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyC1337 View Post
Yesterday I visited bmw dealer in Czech Republic and asked about this. And this whole thing is truth. They really did something with MPPSK last years so its not so loud it used to be.

I´d like to ask if here is someone who got MPPSK installed during last 6 months and what´s his opinion. Is it still so much better than regular exhaust or is it now after decreasing the loudness just waste of money?

Just get the MHD flash tune. It includes 4 different ranges of adjustability for the 'burble', including aggressiveness, time, rpm, and speed. I have it with my MPPSK system and they are completely compatible. I actually have have mine turned down to "soft" because the other levels are so loud.

Edit: I should note that I have a catless dp as well
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #1039
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:

They did do something, but only temporarily. If you get it now, it should be fine That's at least what experience and research has shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sµpreme View Post
Just get the MHD flash tune. It includes 4 different ranges of adjustability for the 'burble', including aggressiveness, time, rpm, and speed. I have it with my MPPSK system and they are completely compatible. I actually have have mine turned down to "soft" because the other levels are so loud.

Edit: I should note that I have a catless dp as well
There's something I don't get in the above. I don't know MHD, but you say this is a flash tune? If it is, what do you mean it is "completely compatible"? Your MPPSK engine software gets overwritten by a different one... there is no compatibility whatsover It is history, so is your factory warranty, if any. Please clarify.
      02-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #1040
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh;25803134.

There's something I don't get in the above. I don't know MHD, but you say this is a flash tune? If it is, what do you mean it is "completely compatible"? Your MPPSK engine software gets overwritten by a different one... there is no compatibility whatsover It is history, so is your factory warranty, if any. Please clarify.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/pedantic?s=t
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #1041
Londoner
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i msport+ MPPSK

Quote:
Quote:
Willing to install the MPPSK on my 440xi this summer, but i've just read it's toned down a bit in terms of sound. Such a shame, because that was the main thing i wanted it for.
Is it possible to get the MPPSK and have a "older" software version installed? Like before the modifications for EU laws or w/e ?

I got mine installed in October 2019. I actually felt it was too loud on day 1 in sport mode, i'm not 21 any more!

Is probably my imagination and i've just got used to it but since then it seems to have got a tad quieter. Have had a brake fluid service since then but not sure if they would update mppsk software then?! Either way it's spot on for me, loud, very loud but not clapped out fiesta embarrassingly so!

At RRP it's a total rip off but at current UK discount prices (£1300-1600) it's a steal.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #1042
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Quote:

I put the US mppsk on in Dec of 2019. I have had no issues with it. In comfort mode it is just like stock. In sport it is louder and you can definitely hear burbles and some pops, but for me it is not obnoxious. It certainly depends on your desires. But since comfort is really the same as stock you don't have any issues when driving in that mode. I have been very pleased and enjoy the fun of a deeper tone with a little growl in the two sports mode. It is louder in the cabin too. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #1043
bellguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 440I M sport

MPPSK FOR 2019 Dealer said no ?

Guy's i don't get this, the BMW dealer i am buying my 2019 440i from has said their service manager does not want to supply and fit the mppsk kit as my 440i is Euro 6 compliant and it would make it no longer a Euro 6 compliant vehicle, he also said it could effect the warranty

WTF
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #1044
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

It is quite simple and mentioned multiple times.
MPPSK is only available for vehicles without OPF (particle filter). Your MY2019 has OPF, therefore not compatible with MPPSK.
There is no way around it, unfortunately.

Vehicles prior to MY2019 (2018 or lower) have no OPF and are MPPSK-compatible.
      05-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #1045
340iNL
Private
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Competition '23

Has anyone found a perfect 'burble tune' to match the first version of the MPPSK?

My car is MY 17 and the MPPSK was built in @ 2018. When using PTF BM3 Stage 1 maps the supposed gunshot sound disappears, even on OEM burble settings. The low RPM burbles sound better than OEM, but higher RPM on OTS or CUSTOM settings sound worse.

I thnk it is because BMW designed the OEM MPPSK sound with the specific exhaust and the BM3 PTF tunes think my car is fitted with a stock exhaust..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #1046
nkhaira
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Hey guys, wanted to see anyone had an update on the software? I am looking to get MPPSK but I keep hearing two sides that the software update made the exhaust not as aggressive with the gunshots burbles, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 03:50 AM   #1047
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

That was just for a period of time. If you get it now (hence the latest SW version) it should be all fine.
      05-10-2020, 07:26 AM   #1048
nkhaira
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
That was just for a period of time. If you get it now (hence the latest SW version) it should be all fine.
Sounds great, sorry if this was answered before but what is the SW version? And is there a change log to see what has happened between updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:31 AM   #1049
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

It is above certain iStep version that pops and bangs are reenabled (during 2019).

There certainly is a change log in Münich, but as with every other automotive software - such logs are not public domain you will not find one.
      05-26-2020, 02:10 AM   #1050
UrbanCarCulture
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Thanks for the post man, really useful.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #1051
papa_giorgio
Rep
Drives: F36

I got mine installed in March 2020 just before lockdown. I haven't had many miles on it but initial impression was matched by expectations. Like others have said, it's loud on sport and spot+ but quiet on comfort. In fact, I have to put it into comfort when the wife and kids are in the car because it's too loud and aggressive with the pops and burbles.

Thinking of adding boostmod3 when warranty runs out.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #1052
nkhaira
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_giorgio View Post
I got mine installed in March 2020 just before lockdown. I haven't had many miles on it but initial impression was matched by expectations. Like others have said, it's loud on sport and spot+ but quiet on comfort. In fact, I have to put it into comfort when the wife and kids are in the car because it's too loud and aggressive with the pops and burbles.

I'm in the same shoes with you haha, I'm getting my MPPSK installed this Friday so can't wait for that and then after warranty expires I think I will go Catless DP + BM3.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #1053
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
It is above certain iStep version that pops and bangs are reenabled (during 2019).

There certainly is a change log in Münich, but as with every other automotive software - such logs are not public domain you will not find one.
Honestly, I think it was the other way around. Burbles and bangs were always present, but originally when I got it back in late 2016, they were perfect: A little subtle burble on engine braking, some burble on any hard acceleration, but if you wanted a big pop, you had to work for it: Have the engine and exhaust nice and hot, and do a WOT pull to redline, and upshift at redline. BANG.

Then sometime in late 2017 or early 2018 I got a software update that made it ridiculous and makes me feel like an ass if I leave the car in sport/sport+ anywhere with other cars/people around. Just constant loud burbles, repeated pops any time you're engine braking or after accelerating past 1/3 throttle... I think my latest i-step actually toned it down very slightly, but I preferred the original version: It was loud when it should be, not ALL THE TIME.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #1054
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_giorgio View Post

The exhaust will open up above 4K in comfort. If you put the transmission in S it will rev above 4K under moderate acceleration more often so you hear the aggressive pop more often. Seems the transmission shifts the same in S as it does in sport plus regardless of mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:30 AM   #1055
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Sport plus has higher shifting points and longer hold of high RPMs.
      06-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #1056
clearlensfanatic
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Hi all, I bought a CPO 2016 340i about a year ago and have been enjoying it to the fullest in completely stock form, but now I am yearning for a change. Would love to add MPPSK to the car. What is the best way to purchase it? Are there any deals that ever come around? I feel like I've seen some specials during the holidays for 10% off M performance parts but not sure if that works on this.
Appreciate 0