F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Airbag fault 930985, left head airbag issue
proTUNING Freaks

07-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
JyoungF34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F34

Exclamation Airbag fault 930985, left head airbag issue

I had the airbag light pop up on me the other day, 930985, left head airbag short to earth, it says passenger system fault though.
It has been raining quite a bit, my wife and her grandmother were the ones driving right before so the seats did get moved.
I cannot find any information on this exact error code, nor a wiring diagram to see where I should be looking for shorts. I am confused too because it says passenger restraint system, but left head airbag, when I was playing around with the connectors under the seats if i disconnected the drivers side I would get the drivers restraint error, so I have to assume the issue is with the passenger side? its the left head error that is throwing me for a loop.

Any help would be great, its a 2014 F34, way way past any warranty and dealership is obviously wicked expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...cANQAyADAANAA=

It says passenger restraint system because everyone in the car is a passenger.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
JyoungF34
Registered
Rep

so it would be the drivers side head airbag, is there any information on where the line routes/color/anything so I am not just poking around randomly?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JyoungF34 View Post
Any help would be great, its a 2014 F34, way way past any warranty and dealership is obviously wicked expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JyoungF34 View Post
so it would be the drivers side head airbag, is there any information on where the line routes/color/anything so I am not just poking around randomly?
Checked on the effect and cost of a head trauma? Randomly poking around on a head air bag? Seriously? I sincerely fail to understand this for someone who spent additional dollars above ordinary transportation to have a BMW, perhaps the car more valued than a brain?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 06:05 AM   #5
JyoungF34
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Checked on the effect and cost of a head trauma? Randomly poking around on a head air bag? Seriously? I sincerely fail to understand this for someone who spent additional dollars above ordinary transportation to have a BMW, perhaps the car more valued than a brain?
seriously, I come here asking for help and your response is that since I paid to have a bmw (bought used, high miles, get much better gas mileage on my pretty decent commute than my truck did first of all) I should be an expert on the electrical system, It's not at the air bag ass hat, its going to be a connector or wire close to the seat, I know that much, and I know you disconnect the battery before messing around, sorry I had to be specific enough to what I was asking to please who I am guessing is a neurosurgeon since you know so much about head trauma, and I would tread lightly about making fun of TBIs, you'd be surprised how common they are and who would get pissed at it.

NOW... since I explained exactly where I am looking, anyone have any relative input outside of trolling?
Appreciate 0