F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPPK intake vs. Dinan cold air intake
GetBMWParts

09-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #23
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

I have the MPPK on mine and its honestly not a noticeable or measurable difference to me at least.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #24
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
I have the MPPK on mine and its honestly not a noticeable or measurable difference to me at least.
It is actually both noticeable and measurable, with an upgraded inlet at least. Without it, the OEM inlet is probably the bottleneck, so anything upstream doesnt matter.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=173
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2165.00
      09-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #25
MTWO
Captain
Rep

I never mentioned an inlet. Inlet on its own, at higher boost levels, does provide gains.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:17 PM   #26
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I never mentioned an inlet. Inlet on its own, at higher boost levels, does provide gains.
I know, i am just saying the distingushing factor at to whether or not MPPK box will make a difference is having the inlet.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 06:24 AM   #27
MTWO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I know, i am just saying the distingushing factor at to whether or not MPPK box will make a difference is having the inlet.
I tested the inlet on the stock box and it made gains the same way as on the MPPK. Any differences here can only be within dyno margin of error.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #28
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
I tested the inlet on the stock box and it made gains the same way as on the MPPK. Any differences here can only be within dyno margin of error.
What dyno? What margin of error? Do you even know what’s being measured and how?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #29
MTWO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
What dyno? What margin of error? Do you even know what’s being measured and how?
What, what dyno? Why are you some keyboard warrior? If you don’t know what margin of error for a dyno means lets not continue.

I was clear when I said there are no gains from stock intake to MPPK. Inlet provides very similar gains on both the stock and MPPK intake.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #30
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What, what dyno? Why are you some keyboard warrior? If you don’t know what margin of error for a dyno means lets not continue.

I was clear when I said there are no gains from stock intake to MPPK. Inlet provides very similar gains on both the stock and MPPK intake.
Keyboard warrior? LOL - I'd put money down I've been on the dyno more times than you have, period. I've got a copy of all my run files, and I've plotted them -But tell me where in this thread a dyno was posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO
No one said anything about a dyno - so what measurements are within a margin of error?

And the insults - wow. Look, I'll leave you to spouting off stupid things, and paying $700 for Ebay intercoolers with PTF stickers, everyone else is free to look at the data and come to their own conclusions.
      09-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #31
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

For everyone else who doesn't to shift through his crap:

TL;DR - MPPK offers better fuel trims and lower WGDC, and in theory (No dyno test to confirm) more power than the stock lower box. It should be on or almost on par with an open intake.
      09-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #32
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Please show me your test results and supporting data of testing the inlet on both boxes. As you should be aware, i have all that data and its documented in multiple threads.

As amuro mentioned, no one is talking about dynos here in this thread. Infact, i specifically state that the inlet isn't expected to change peak hp #s, especially on a load-based tune. That's not what an inlet does. If you read my posts you would understand that and not be argumentative for no reason.

Quote:
Sorry, but all the data says otherwise.
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2165.00
      09-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #33
MTWO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Keyboard warrior? LOL - I'd put money down I've been on the dyno more times than you have, period. I've got a copy of all my run files, and I've plotted them -But tell me where in this thread a dyno was posted.

No one said anything about a dyno - so what measurements are within a margin of error?

And the insults - wow. Look, I'll leave you to spouting off stupid things, and paying $700 for Ebay intercoolers with PTF stickers, everyone else is free to look at the data and come to their own conclusions.
Such a child. Go argue in that tone elsewhere. You believe in bold font and condescending tone, have fun with that. You’re in every thread spouting off including here, complete senseless argumentative nonsense.
Appreciate 0