F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Guide on how to change F30 Xenon headlight's turn signals
GetBMWParts

07-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
iranjha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Guide on how to change F30 Xenon headlight's turn signals

I wanted to write up a simple little guide for anyone looking to either replace the turn signal bulb in their F30 with another halogen, chrome tip, or LED. This process takes about 5 minutes in hindsight, but if you're a dummy like me, some of the simplest things will drive you nuts figuring out how to accomplish.

Step 1: It is in your best interest to turn the wheels away from the headlight you're working on. This allows access to a panel in front of the wheel that needs to be removed by pressing two tabs holding it on.

Step 2: I suppose you don't really need to do this, but this is one of those things that would have been helpful if I just did it from the start. There are 3 8mm screws just to the left of the panel you took off that can very easily be removed. Why? The hole that the panel is covering isn't big at all. Pulling back the plastic a little allows you some breathing room when dealing with the bulbs.

Step 3: The turn signal is this white circular tab attached to the bulb socket piece that needs to just be turned halfway and then taken out. Reverse to lock it back in. Make sure it is pushed in the socket all the way before attempting to tighten it back.

Step 4: This is what embarrassingly took me a bit to figure out. To get the bulb out of the socket, you need to press down on the bulb and twist it and it'll pop out. You cannot just pry it out. Trust me lol.

I replaced my halogen turn signal with an LED. Use coding to stop the flickering. I used BimmerCode to turn of the cold/warm checks and set the bulb type to LED.
Appreciate 0