F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Buzzing noise coming from possibly HVAC system?
Studio RSR

04-16-2019, 10:42 AM   #1
blakeelkin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Buzzing noise coming from possibly HVAC system?

Hey everyone! My car has been making a strange buzzing noise when I get in the car or sometimes when I'm driving. It's done it since I got it but now that the warranty is about to run out I figured it's time I get it fixed. Anyone know what it could be?? Here's a video.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
D1gg3r
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 318i

Sounds like it's one of the HVAC flaps that's stuck.
I believe when the car is locked all flaps are in closed position, once you get into the car they are set to open - that's why you can hear this when you get into the car. If you'll play with HVAC blower position settings you may be able to reproduce the sound as well. Should be fixed under warranty.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
blakeelkin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1gg3r View Post
I believe when the car is locked all flaps are in closed position, once you get into the car they are set to open - that's why you can hear this when you get into the car. If you'll play with HVAC blower position settings you may be able to reproduce the sound as well. Should be fixed under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1gg3r View Post
Thanks, I'll try this out and then take it to my SA if I can recreate it!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #4
Blemus2061
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 328i

You most likely have something stuck in the blower, leafs or paper that got through the screen when you had it in fresh air mode. Dealer most likely will tell you not warranty since it's not their fault that trash got in your blower. It's easy you just need a 10mm socket and a T20 torx to drop the blower. Remove the lower panel under the glove both two nuts and help on by clips then you can see the lower only a couple torx screws drop the motor and clean the debris out.
Appreciate 0