F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Blow-off Valve Adaptor?
Studio RSR

10-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #45
wonderd44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Completely agree.

However, you need to realize that you're talking to the type of person who bought the part that he did off eBay in the first place. Given his demographic, you can't really expect him to understand much.
Buying a product off ebay does not tell you what "type" of person I am or my demograph. You to sir should try again lmao.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #46
wonderd44
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
I'm with you guys, I just didn't feel like pursuing the issue when he clearly doesn't feel he's in the wrong.

Part of the reason I haven't continued with my side venture of product development and sales for the Volvo after market. Although overall that demographic are generally more responsible it's the above mentioned mentality that kills your business. Imagine if this was on a 1k intercooler which was my bread and butter. All because the buyer didnt want to bother installing it
If a intercooler is your bread and butter I'm sure you would have correct installation instructions Or clearly state that the product should be installed by a professional shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #47
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderd44 View Post
Buying a product off ebay does not tell you what "type" of person I am or my demograph. You to sir should try again lmao.
LOL. No, really...it speaks volumes, along with your grammar.

Move along, kid.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #48
wonderd44
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pointing out grammar issues is the result of having nothing else to say. But then again, you know my "demograph" LOL

I left a grammer issue somewhere in this response if you feel the need to point it out
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #49
Sebas_f30
2013 f30 335i Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335I

wow

Even though this post is super old, OP seems to be the worst kind of buyer. I'm assuming you tried to put that part on dads car without him knowing.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #50
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
yeah, screw you op!

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #51
ICantDrive4Sht
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

This has to be the biggest troll on this forum
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 02:37 AM   #52
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about! I found killer Puma shoes for my 2 year old daughter on EBay! The have pink sparkles on the laces... It was a great buy! I also bought my Ikon front lip, Ikon rear diffuser, and M Performance side skirt decals on EBay. =) Here's the trick to buying things on EBay; try to stick to name brands, reputable off-brands, and an overwhelming support of positive seller feedback.
That being said, I buy most everything (things I use at home, not usually car parts) on Amazon (not EBay), unless it's one of the rare circumstances that Amazon doesn't have the product or if it's noticeably, more expensive on Amazon. Ikon products were noticeably more expensive on Amazon, or else I would of bought it from them (plus, Ikon wouldn't sell to me directly, they actually told me to buy it from EBay).
AND: I buy 99% of my performance modifications from tuner shops or tuner warehouses, Like Mike at Extreme Power! The only real performance parts I ever remember buying from Amazon or EBay was a GFB diverter valve for a Golf R APR Stage lll (and I bought it from Amazon because their shipping is real fast and free) and a BM3 Agent Device (bootleg of course, not the original).
Moral of the story for the Op, it's a lesson learned. Probably a mistake you won't make again. Also, when you have a bunch of people in the BMW community telling you not to buy something for some reason, and it sounds like that was pretty unanimous here, take their advice. I've owned 5 BMW's, and I'm still learning from these guys on the forums... Some of them might word things in an abrasive manner, which forces you to shut down and defend yourself instead of listen. I can understand that, but sometimes, listen to the message, not necessarily the messenger or the delivery. Better luck on your next mod!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #53
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Thumbs down WOWWW F30 owners are ASSHOLES HAHAH

Soooo yes I realize this thread is years old, but I came across it today. I'm sure others will come across it later so meh, I'll put in my 2 cents.

I was surfing Bimmian.com - our Canadian source for all aftermarket BMW Parts. Randomly came across this blow off valve thing for my F10. Googled it to see if others had used it and saw this thread.

I have to admit, I love the noise the turbo makes when I let off the gas. Who doesn't? To say OP was trying to be "fast and furious" is well...just rude. I'd love if my hissing noise was the loudest part of my car. To each his own. Stop judging on the forums.

And to speak about the issue that got you all to rip on this poor guy, I actually read the description Bimmian has on their BOV. Literally says the same thing - no expert experience needed, beginner level install. They make it look easy as hell. Pictures and all. If it weren't for this thread, I would have ordered it myself. He emailed the seller for a return, they didn't reply. Then went for a refund through PayPal the hard way - after being misguided by the item description.

Some idiot here said "Thats like buying rims and complaining they're round". Huh? huuuhhhhhh? Mind=POOF. That guy should be banned. Go back to school.

Y'all wrecked my day for being assholes. Funny thing is, you were all interested enough to see a video of how it sounds! If he installed it, I'm sure it would have worked. Simple concept, has vents in it to make the hissing louder. No reason it wouldn't work. Then you all would have done the exact same thing.

OP, if you read this, good for you homie. Asshole sellers with inaccurate descriptions who don't reply to you when you try to return the right way deserve a slap on the wallet.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #54
Stopsign32v
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
Soooo yes I realize this thread is years old, but I came across it today. I'm sure others will come across it later so meh, I'll put in my 2 cents.

I was surfing Bimmian.com - our Canadian source for all aftermarket BMW Parts. Randomly came across this blow off valve thing for my F10. Googled it to see if others had used it and saw this thread.

I have to admit, I love the noise the turbo makes when I let off the gas. Who doesn't? To say OP was trying to be "fast and furious" is well...just rude. I'd love if my hissing noise was the loudest part of my car. To each his own. Stop judging on the forums.

And to speak about the issue that got you all to rip on this poor guy, I actually read the description Bimmian has on their BOV. Literally says the same thing - no expert experience needed, beginner level install. They make it look easy as hell. Pictures and all. If it weren't for this thread, I would have ordered it myself. He emailed the seller for a return, they didn't reply. Then went for a refund through PayPal the hard way - after being misguided by the item description.

Some idiot here said "Thats like buying rims and complaining they're round". Huh? huuuhhhhhh? Mind=POOF. That guy should be banned. Go back to school.

Y'all wrecked my day for being assholes. Funny thing is, you were all interested enough to see a video of how it sounds! If he installed it, I'm sure it would have worked. Simple concept, has vents in it to make the hissing louder. No reason it wouldn't work. Then you all would have done the exact same thing.

OP, if you read this, good for you homie. Asshole sellers with inaccurate descriptions who don't reply to you when you try to return the right way deserve a slap on the wallet.
Great job bringing up this thread.

Simply put it was the OP's dumbass that can blame, not the seller. "Hey let me buy this badass BOV adapter so my dad's car can go "WaCho ChOo CHoO" between shifts" only to find out later that he didn't have the skills to install it". Then panic because most of his paycheck from Chick-fil-a went towards a paperweight now. So he turns to PayPal because they always side with the buyer.

BUT I do not blame you for thinking the OP was in the right. Anyone with the mentality that a BOV is cool is either a kid or has a kid's mentality. And we all know kids are never wrong so...
Appreciate 1
Korvo368.00
      03-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #55
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Quote:

Simply put it was the OP's dumbass that can blame, not the seller. "Hey let me buy this badass BOV adapter so my dad's car can go "WaCho ChOo CHoO" between shifts" only to find out later that he didn't have the skills to install it". Then panic because most of his paycheck from Chick-fil-a went towards a paperweight now. So he turns to PayPal because they always side with the buyer.

BUT I do not blame you for thinking the OP was in the right. Anyone with the mentality that a BOV is cool is either a kid or has a kid's mentality. And we all know kids are never wrong so...
Hahaha I feel like if I respond to you I'd stoop to your lows but sometimes it's fun. I'm a doc, this isn't my daddy's car and the Whoosh whoosh sound you just described is awesome

You must be from the boomer generation...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #56
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Quote:

Hahaha I feel like if I respond to you I'd stoop to your lows but sometimes it's fun. I'm a doc, this isn't my daddy's car and the Whoosh whoosh sound you just described is awesome

You must be from the boomer generation...
Appreciate 0