F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > 335i/435i M Performance LSD For Sale (New)
GetBMWParts

11-04-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Emaino
The M4 cruising in the M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

335i/435i M Performance LSD For Sale (New)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello. I have an M Performance LSD for the 2012 + F30, F32, and F33 three and four series cars. This is specifically for an automatic transmission (the gearing is the stock 3.15 ratio).

I bought the LSD from Turner Motorsport with the intention of installing it in a 2015 435i that I was about to buy. Well, the deal did not happen and now I have this LSD that I would like to sell.

I only opened the box to take photos of it; I haven't moved the part in the box at all. Still smells factory-fresh.

This part is NLA from BMW and would be a great addition to the 435i/335i chassis. Original price was around $2,300.00 without shipping or tax.

Shipping to my house (from Turner) was about $75, so I'd figure that into the price you will pay to have this. I have no idea how much it would cost to install on the car.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaino View Post
Hello. I have an M Performance LSD for the 2012 + F30, F32, and F33 three and four series cars. This is specifically for an automatic transmission (the gearing is the stock 3.15 ratio).

I bought the LSD from Turner Motorsport with the intention of installing it in a 2015 435i that I was about to buy. Well, the deal did not happen and now I have this LSD that I would like to sell.

I only opened the box to take photos of it; I haven't moved the part in the box at all. Still smells factory-fresh.

This part is NLA from BMW and would be a great addition to the 435i/335i chassis. Original price was around $2,300.00 without shipping or tax.

Shipping to my house (from Turner) was about $75, so I'd figure that into the price you will pay to have this. I have no idea how much it would cost to install on the car.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
The M Performance LSD is an awesome product that works great. The F3x electronic systems don't counteract rear wheel slippage until there over 30% slippage. The Limited Slip Differential is a mechanical system that immediately sends more power to the rear wheel that isn't slipping. You don't realize how much slippage you had until it's gone. You can really feel it when a light turns green or when you hit the gas and start to turn the wheel to power into a curve.

No coding is required at all. The LSD works from 0-30% slippage and the electronic system doesn't kick in until higher levels than that. So the two systems work together without knowing about each other. Actually brilliant engineering!

Some tips for anyone considering an LSD:

Caution on the installation. Dealer rate should be 3.5 hours which near me totals $560. Anyone quoting longer than that is a rip off. It is really easy to damage the LSD during installation if someone doesn't know what they are doing. With the scarcity of this part do NOT let anyone install this who hasn't done many of these F30 rear differentials before.

Earlier BMW differentials do not count. They used to be designed to be much easier to replace with bolts to remove the half shafts. The F30 uses clips to hold on the half shafts and special German tools are required to remove them as well as a special tool to remove and to retorque the center drive shaft. I'm enough of a stickler that I'd ask them to show me the tools if they claim that they have them. I'd also ask to talk to the tech who they claim is experienced in F3x differentials. Photos of the tools are attached.

The LSD has a 500 mile break in period when you aren't supposed to do any wide open throttle so no drag racing. Try to take as many gradual acceleration left and right curves as possible. At 1200 miles have the fluid sucked out of the fill hole and replace fluid. Replace fluid every 30k miles after that. ONLY use the specified LSD fluid. See photo.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Emaino27.50
      11-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
Emaino
United_States
Rep

Awesome information and insight!!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
The M Performance LSD is an awesome product that works great. The F3x electronic systems don't counteract rear wheel slippage until there over 30% slippage. The Limited Slip Differential is a mechanical system that immediately sends more power to the rear wheel that isn't slipping. You don't realize how much slippage you had until it's gone. You can really feel it when a light turns green or when you hit the gas and start to turn the wheel to power into a curve.

No coding is required at all. The LSD works from 0-30% slippage and the electronic system doesn't kick in until higher levels than that. So the two systems work together without knowing about each other. Actually brilliant engineering!

Some tips for anyone considering an LSD:

Caution on the installation. Dealer rate should be 3.5 hours which near me totals $560. Anyone quoting longer than that is a rip off. It is really easy to damage the LSD during installation if someone doesn't know what they are doing. With the scarcity of this part do NOT let anyone install this who hasn't done many of these F30 rear differentials before.

Earlier BMW differentials do not count. They used to be designed to be much easier to replace with bolts to remove the half shafts. The F30 uses clips to hold on the half shafts and special German tools are required to remove them as well as a special tool to remove and to retorque the center drive shaft. I'm enough of a stickler that I'd ask them to show me the tools if they claim that they have them. I'd also ask to talk to the tech who they claim is experienced in F3x differentials. Photos of the tools are attached.

The LSD has a 500 mile break in period when you aren't supposed to do any wide open throttle so no drag racing. Try to take as many gradual acceleration left and right curves as possible. At 1200 miles have the fluid sucked out of the fill hole and replace fluid. Replace fluid every 30k miles after that. ONLY use the specified LSD fluid. See photo.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
johnung4510.50
      11-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
Emaino
United_States
Rep

Bump.

Offers anyone?
Appreciate 1
Yungsta126.50
      11-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Bump.

Offers anyone?
I think anyone who wanted the M LSD, even some who didn't plan on buying it, jumped on the sale a few months ago when they were going for like $500-$600.
      11-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerJoe View Post
Quote:
Bump.

Offers anyone?
I think anyone who wanted the M LSD, even some who didn't plan on buying it, jumped on the sale a few months ago when they were going for like $500-$600.
Yeah I even found on Ebay for 1K less than this, shipped a couple weeks ago. Still getting broken in. I know there are only a few on the market now, and BMW doesn't make them anymore, but at this price they were just sitting on dealer shelves. You'll have to do better to entice buyers.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #7
Emaino
United_States
Rep

I'm open to offers . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Yeah I even found on Ebay for 1K less than this, shipped a couple weeks ago. Still getting broken in. I know there are only a few on the market now, and BMW doesn't make them anymore, but at this price they were just sitting on dealer shelves. You'll have to do better to entice buyers.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #8
Emaino
United_States
Rep

Price Drop: $1,200 --> also open to offers.

I would like to get this part out of my shop . . . would make a great Christmas gift!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #9
NikFbo
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 335i PWG

hello friend is it still for sale?
Appreciate 0