F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Digital Gauges
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2021, 09:24 AM   #23
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmatt View Post
I've been looking at getting the 6WB gauge cluster for my '17 330e, but it is almost $2000! Does this not seem like an outrageous price to anyone else? Anyways, has anyone bought one second-hand for cheaper, or found an alternative that is cheaper?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223384002267
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #24
The Airman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmatt View Post
Will do
Hopefully if I do, I can find a way to use the 530e coding. Not being able to see electric stats would be disappointing.
I don't think you'll be able to make it work. Unless things have changed, I tried some years back to upgrade mine, but you'll lose the eDrive display, including the charge level when you plug in. And other displays, such as MAX eDrive battery level and battery range until empty.

Plus, if you have HUD, if I remember, you lose NAV position display in the HUD. It shows up in your "new" digital display instead.

When I ordered mine in '18, the full digital display was part of a package that I ordered. It didn't come with it, even though it was part of a package. According to BMW, it was available on other F30's except the eDrive due to the different drive modes and their different displays of data (ie. MAX, AUTO, SAVE).

You could buy one on those cheap Chinese displays and plug it in and you'd get a fancy digital speedo and tach, but lose the eDrive data.

Search older posts from years ago and on other sites, you might find some Euro owners have got some functionality out of the retrofit on their 330e's.

2021 i3s AC Schnitzer
BMW CCA #67486

Last edited by The Airman; 12-06-2021 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 05:01 AM   #25
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Airman View Post
I don't think you'll be able to make it work. Unless things have changed, I tried some years back to upgrade mine, but you'll lose the eDrive display, including the charge level when you plug in. And other displays, such as MAX eDrive battery level and battery range until empty.

Plus, if you have HUD, if I remember, you lose NAV position display in the HUD. It shows up in your "new" digital display instead.

When I ordered mine in '18, the full digital display was part of a package that I ordered. It didn't come with it, even though it was part of a package. According to BMW, it was available on other F30's except the eDrive due to the different drive modes and their different displays of data (ie. MAX, AUTO, SAVE).

You could buy one on those cheap Chinese displays and plug it in and you'd get a fancy digital speedo and tach, but lose the eDrive data.

Search older posts from years ago and on other sites, you might find some Euro owners have got some functionality out of the retrofit on their 330e's.
Also not available on M3/M4 so i'm not surprised. It's so weird that a digital display, that would only need BMW to update the coding/programming to work for other models, was only used for specific models
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0