F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Big Boost Custom Turbo with Built Engine ( Mods )
European Auto Source (EAS)

08-02-2019, 05:08 PM   #155
E90ROXS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

How's the project going?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #156
tyler.genter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
How's the project going?
Just playing the wait game at this point from the machine shop. They shipped the engine back to me on Thursday so once we get it we are going to take it to the John's Creek Eurofed location where my friend Fuller is going to put everything back together. He has like 20 plus years on the building of motor side and is just a lot more comfortable he said doing it at his shop personally being that he runs it and does all the track event car prep their. Plus he has the time and space to dedicate to the engine to get it done it a better response.

I am leaving in September for vacation so trying to get it done before vacation just so I can get the break in period knocked out at least!
      08-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #157
E90ROXS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler.genter View Post
Just playing the wait game at this point from the machine shop. They shipped the engine back to me on Thursday so once we get it we are going to take it to the John's Creek Eurofed location where my friend Fuller is going to put everything back together. He has like 20 plus years on the building of motor side and is just a lot more comfortable he said doing it at his shop personally being that he runs it and does all the track event car prep their. Plus he has the time and space to dedicate to the engine to get it done it a better response.

I am leaving in September for vacation so trying to get it done before vacation just so I can get the break in period knocked out at least!
Good to know to things are rolling bro! I'm as excited as you are lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #158
tyler.genter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
Good to know to things are rolling bro! I'm as excited as you are lol.
Thanks man it's definitely been a long process and the shop just got a dyno installed so now the break in period can be done on the dyno so it will be even easier of a transition!

Although I do think things are going to pan out where this build is ready when I am on vacation so I may back track some post soon. So the next few ones will be speaking past tense as the machine shop said they are going to send me some pictures of everything to update this post!
      08-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #159
PURE340i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i & 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_45 View Post
Not too knowledgeable on meth but i've heard you can have it shoot after 4k revs.
Yeah, I've seen that too, but I still want to know how much meth guys consume on average. From what I've seen meth is $8-9 a gallon and I don't want to be buying 10+ gallons a month.
I go through a 5 gallon jug every 4 weeks. If you're worried about buying and refilled then PI from Fuel-It is better since it's directly taps into the oem fuel system.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #160
tyler.genter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quick update: I should have pictures of the Darton Sleeve job in the next week or so to post up on the page. So please understand the next few post will be back logging just to keep it up to date and fresh