F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > Old Audio equipment
Extreme Powerhouse

08-16-2019, 01:47 AM   #1
Zack1uk
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2014 2.0D Sdrive Msport

Question Old Audio equipment

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So after following thoughts and evidence on this thread:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1311415

I have decided to source a pair of standard HiFi subs for my E84. It got me thinking do I really need to spend another £250 on some components for the front when I have quite a lot of old kit in the loft.

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 4 inch, Emit electrostatic tweeters and crossovers from the old CS1b 3 way component set. I also have a pair of DSL 6.5 inch/silk dome tweeters with xovers.

My amp (Audison AP5.9) only has 2x50w and 2x25w into 4Ohm (albeit Audison do tend to understate there wattage), but its got a built in DSP so I'm now toying with the idea of using the 4 inch kappas and either the emit tweeters or the DSL tweets.

Anyone who knows the emit tweeters will know how good they are, but they are surface mount so won't look very OEM (but could be mounted on the dash saving me from running wires through the door grommets), whilst the DSL tweets would fit into the existing pods.

Go with the kappas, mix and match the dsl tweets and kappa 4 inch or buy new?

What do people think to this idea, or would I be (significantly) better off buying either the Audison, Gladon, Eton or Focal 4 inch components?

Appreciate 0