F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ATM Module Question and Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

05-21-2020, 02:01 AM   #23
Ddayan97
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83, Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
As shown in pic from previous post, It's on the front sticker, below the disc slot.

HW: ?
Ok, good to know. Will be back at OneEighty NYC next week, we're going to open the car back up then. @IK6SPEED

I only have a picture of the front of my NBT EVO HU, found it in photo library- 2505754 is in bold in the top right, perhaps thats a part number.

So ATM was priorly active but still bad in latest problem?

Last edited by Ddayan97; 05-21-2020 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: @
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #24
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddayan97 View Post
Ok, good to know. Will be back at OneEighty NYC next week, we're going to open the car back up then. @IK6SPEED

I only have a picture of the front of my NBT EVO HU, found it in photo library- 2505754 is in bold in the top right, perhaps thats a part number.

So ATM was priorly active but still bad in latest problem?
Just paid my local Dealer to code my brand new ATM to my VIN (provision in DCSnet). Will update everybody tomorrow on if this resolves all of my issues
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 06:58 AM   #25
allerena
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Garage List
Ddayan97 any updates?
      07-05-2020, 10:03 PM   #26
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerena View Post
Ddayan97 any updates?
Dealer had it provisioned to my car. Need to reconnect harness to ATM now. Just have the dealer email connected services with new IMEI
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:36 AM   #27
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:
Quote:
Ddayan97 any updates?
Dealer had it provisioned to my car. Need to reconnect harness to ATM now. Just have the dealer email connected services with new IMEI
So Dealer can install an ATM and register the IMEI with BMW Connected Drive.

But what happens in the options and prices you are offered for services? Services are based on VIN number and technology available at the time, not a retrofit.

For example, Over the Air Navigation updates were not offered for your VIN. Are they now?

Do they offer you Apple CarPlay?

Can you post screenshots of what BMW Connected Drive Store is actually offering you for your non-ATM VIN and at what prices?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #28
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ddayan97 any updates?

But what happens in the options and prices you are offered for services? Services are based on VIN number and technology available at the time, not a retrofit.

For example, Over the Air Navigation updates were not offered for your VIN. Are they now?

Can you post screenshots of what BMW Connected Drive Store is actually offering you for your non-ATM VIN and at what prices?
The reason I retrofitted the ATM was for my I drive 6 retrofit, so I have CarPlay. I'll keep you posted on when I open my car still haven't done it yet so the ATM is still not physically connected properly
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 11:52 AM   #29
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ddayan97 any updates?

The reason I retrofitted the ATM was for my I drive 6 retrofit, so I have CarPlay. I'll keep you posted on when I open my car still haven't done it yet so the ATM is still not physically connected properly
Should not matter if your ATM is connected yet or not. If BMW changed your IMEI in their servers, your Connected Drive account should show you what services your car has available for purchase.

Again, as services offered are based off the VIN and OEM Equipment, it will be interesting to see if you are offered the NBT EVO services in Connect Drive.

Check attachments:

if you are really getting the NBT EVO Options you should see these options and prices.

If you do not see all these, then it seems that this is a big drawback of a BMW Dealer installing a new retrofit ATM coded to your vehicle. as opposed to retrofitting an eligible used unit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:32 AM   #30
coupedream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino blue 435i Gc

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys,

Has anybody had any luck with Topdonas1 wiring harness that he sells on eBay from the UK? I've had no luck personally, and I feel like I got ripped off for some wiring that doesn't work to be honest. Just wondering if anybody here has successfully connected an ATM to an EVO using this pre-made harness.

I've even been struggling with BMW dealers recently to find the OEM harness that connects NBT Evo and ATM modules, but no luck.

IK6SPEED thanks for all of your inputs on this subtopic.

Perhaps the ATM is not connected properly, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Have you had any luck finding a harness? I make them myself and it's guaranteed to work. I've done the id6 and atm retrofit in my 2015 4 series. Oem nav, connected services and remote services work like factory.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #31
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupedream View Post
Have you had any luck finding a harness? I make them myself and it's guaranteed to work. I've done the id6 and atm retrofit in my 2015 4 series. Oem nav, connected services and remote services work like factory.
Hey,

So I actually have to replace brakes this week at 37k miles, a little early but not too bad. Going to also swap emblems from silver to black (not so simple on vert).

Going to check out the connection with the harness and get back to you. DM me for my cell let’s connect
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 07:30 PM   #32
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Just paid my local Dealer to code my brand new ATM to my VIN (provision in DCSnet). Will update everybody tomorrow on if this resolves all of my issues
Ddayan97, I am trying to the same thing: ask a local dealer to code a brand new ATM with my vehicle's VIN. My vehicle is 2015 BMW X5 which did not have ATM at the time of manufacturing.

Did your dealer have any concerns about VIN / equipment mismatch? Please share more details.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 01:44 AM   #33
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Quote:
Ddayan97, I am trying to the same thing: ask a local dealer to code a brand new ATM with my vehicle's VIN. My vehicle is 2015 BMW X5 which did not have ATM at the time of manufacturing.

Did your dealer have any concerns about VIN / equipment mismatch? Please share more details.
Hey,

Dealer initially pushed back but after explaining what I was doing they were okay with it. I also explained that the ATM was already in the vehicle
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #34
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey,

Dealer initially pushed back but after explaining what I was doing they were okay with it. I also explained that the ATM was already in the vehicle

Still waiting for answer to my question 13 months ago. New ATM coded to VIN worthless if BMW Connected Drive will not offer you service for the ATM in a TCB vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #35
428iSoCal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i F32

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey,

Any update on this and to Shadow' question do you have full CD
connectivity? SOS, Lock unlock etc...Any issues that you encountered?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #36
Caspinoo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, 428

ATM WLAN_Status missing

Hi,
I'm trying to activate the wifi hot-spot on my F36 with OEM NBT Evo ID4 and ATM with connected services active.(Not retrofitted)
The wifi menu is accessible under settings/connections but for some reason, I can NOT click it to activate it.
noticed in BMWAI Code software that ATM has WLAN_status but the actual FDL in my car ATM module doesn't have this parameter.

can someone help?
thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #37
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspinoo View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to activate the wifi hot-spot on my F36 with OEM NBT Evo ID4 and ATM with connected services active.(Not retrofitted)
The wifi menu is accessible under settings/connections but for some reason, I can NOT click it to activate it.
noticed in BMWAI Code software that ATM has WLAN_status but the actual FDL in my car ATM module doesn't have this parameter.

can someone help?
thank you.
There are 2 different ATM versions. 1 is the ATM only. The other is the ATM with WLAN.

If you did not replace ATM hardware with WLAN version, then you cannot activate hotspot as it isn’t there, which sounds like your problem.

As you say this is not retrofitted, then it should be active from factory if your F36 is equipped with the proper ATM. No coding required.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #38
Caspinoo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, 428

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

can someone help?
thank you.
There are 2 different ATM versions. 1 is the ATM only. The other is the ATM with WLAN.

If you did not replace ATM hardware with WLAN version, then you cannot activate hotspot as it isn’t there, which sounds like your problem.

As you say this is not retrofitted, then it should be active from factory if your F36 is equipped with the proper ATM. No coding required.
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

can someone help?
thank you.

thanks for getting back to me.
how can I check whether the ATM installed is with wifi or without wifi? is it by part number or sticker on the module?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #39
Ddayan97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428iSoCal View Post
Quote:
Hey,

Any update on this and to Shadow' question do you have full CD
connectivity? SOS, Lock unlock etc...Any issues that you encountered?

Thank you
Still do not have proper installation of ATM, as the retrofit harness is likely the issue. Someone reached out to me with a different harness other than the UK seller, so I might order it and have everything rewired.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 01:30 PM   #40
Assassins
Rep
Drives: F30 320D

Hey Guys,

today I installed a brand new ATM without activation in my car.

PB-Coding did activate it, now I have all options 😍
RTTI, Wheater, CarPlay Fullscreen etc.

It is no longer important that the ATM is used without connected services or a brand new without activation.

https://www.personalize-bimmer.de/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #41
TheLaw
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassins View Post
Hey Guys,

It is no longer important that the ATM is used without connected services or a brand new without activation.

If you do a retrofit, can then activate these services? Even if the vehicle is not eligible for them?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:52 AM   #42
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassins View Post
Hey Guys,

You can get Connected Drive in car until BMW figures out the hacked VIN coders are using. Once that happens all bets are off.

And you cannot get any Remote Services, App Features or Send to Car commands as all coded units using someone else’s VIN (for now).
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 06:08 PM   #43
piknuie
Rep
Drives: bnw 420i

I have retrofitted ATM and ID5 (with graphics ID6).
Work all (lock/unlock/clacson/position/weather/bmw online etc).
NOT WORK: RTTi and LSC (state door/window in app)...

can anyone help me?
New, original ATM coded on my original VIN
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 06:29 AM   #44
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Does anyone have more info on the microphones part?
Appreciate 0