F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Any possibility bimmercode has caused a low oil pressure error?
GetBMWParts

08-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive M-Sport

Any possibility bimmercode has caused a low oil pressure error?

First time using BimmerCode and everything went smoothly. All I did was turn off the seatbelt notification chime, add the m performance logo to the instrument cluster last night. No errors or codes thrown.

Today while driving the car it threw a low oil pressure warning.

I'm thinking these are unrelated but when I scanned the error memory there were some other errors in there that weren't there before.

The oil pressure warning went away but I still brought it in for service since it's a 2013 N26 engine with 68k miles.

Any chance it was bimmercode causing the error to be thrown? I've read on some posts that after coding sometimes ransoms errors will pop up and then go away.

Specific oil pressure/pump errors I'm getting are 1C0102 and 1C2002

Other thing to note, I just bought this car last week. I'm just waiting for them to claim I messed something up
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 08:48 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I've never had anything like that happen after coding, with either E-Sys or Bimmercode.

Withe respect to 1C0102 The fault is detected, when the oil pressure falls below the specified threshold value according a characteristic map (depending on engine speed and oil temperature).
Possible fault cause:
- Electrical defect/oil pressure sensor
- mechanical jamming/oil pressure solenoid valve
- mechanical jamming/ oil pump

1C2002 Oil pump, mechanical Oil pressure too low. Pump may need to be replaced.
Appreciate 1
boyerizm243.00
      08-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #3
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks again sir!

I just hope it's not a timing chain related issue. I'm all paranoid now after reading posts on the N20/N26 engine. But…the engine sounded/ran normal and it seems like those failures tend to be catastrophic.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 05:11 PM   #4
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I've never had anything like that happen after coding, with either E-Sys or Bimmercode.

Withe respect to 1C0102 The fault is detected, when the oil pressure falls below the specified threshold value according a characteristic map (depending on engine speed and oil temperature).
Possible fault cause:
- Electrical defect/oil pressure sensor
- mechanical jamming/oil pressure solenoid valve
- mechanical jamming/ oil pump

1C2002 Oil pump, mechanical Oil pressure too low. Pump may need to be replaced.
So after 5 weeks they replaced the oil pressure control valve. No warning for 2 days then popped up again. They are adamant there would be a sound if it was a timing chain issue but I'm not convinced.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 09:27 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

There would probably be a whine if it was a timing chain issue, but the timing chain and oil pressure are different concerns. They only occur simultaneously if the timing chain fails, because when that happens the oil pump chain tends to get wiped out as collateral damage.
Appreciate 1
boyerizm243.00
      10-04-2021, 06:19 PM   #6
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There would probably be a whine if it was a timing chain issue, but the timing chain and oil pressure are different concerns. They only occur simultaneously if the timing chain fails, because when that happens the oil pump chain tends to get wiped out as collateral damage.
Got a call this evening, they've ruled everything else out and are going to replace the timing chain.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 06:29 PM   #7
BimR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerizm View Post
Quote:
Got a call this evening, they've ruled everything else out and are going to replace the timing chain.
Wow. Not that you need a new timing chain but atleast they are doing something.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #8
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerizm View Post
Quote:
Wow. Not that you need a new timing chain but atleast they are doing something.
Yeah I know. They already replaced the shocks for a squeak when it turned out to just be caliper slides that needed grease. I don't have a lot of faith in them but as long as it isn't my dime.
Appreciate 1
BimR245.00
      10-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #9
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Some dealers try to avoid doing warranty work, smart dealers do it whenever they can get away with it, because while you don't pay for it BMW does. The things I saw when I worked in a dealership garage would shock even a Chicago politician.
Appreciate 1
boyerizm243.00
      10-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #10
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So finally they obtained authorization to replace the oil drive chains and guides per the service rep.

I guess it is not the timing chain/guides? I'm a bit confused tho because they originally said it was the timing chain/guides and had used a borescope through the oil fill port to prove it to their insurance company. I'm also looking on realoem and don't see any guides for the oil pump drive?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 07:22 AM   #11
Charlesfeedomgundam
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Hi man I just met the same problem as u do I was coding with BimmerCode when my ignition on. After I coding i startup the car and the error message just pop out. I instantly start measuring the oil pressure but it shown ok. I also hope that just some random error because my car is a 330d n57 engine
Appreciate 0